Newbie advice needed

Grower not a shower

Hi. I was looking for some advice on a couple of autos I was thinking about running for my first grow. I’ve got my eye on Dinafem’s white widow and blue cheese autos and was wondering if they’d run well together in my set up?

im a complete novice to growing but these are 2 of my all time favourite smokes and would love to pop my cherry with them

thanks for reading

• Like 3

Hello @Grower not a shower :bong: and welcome to the Dinafem support forum here at UK420  :)

A quick answer to your question would be yes. The 2 strains auto white widow and auto blue cheese have similar finishing times but I would not pair these 2 together for 1 reason. Our auto blue cheese can get quite tall a good 25-40% taller than our white widow auto  ;)

The finishing times are close but if you want to keep a nice even canopy then I would go with

Auto blue cheese 

Auto bubba kush

Very similar finishing times and height during full flower :)

Saying this our xxl white widow with auto blue cheese would work great. As she is a little taller with the same 75-80 days finish as our white widow auto :bong:

Hope this helps a little mate?

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 4

Thanks for the reply @Dinafem-Mark. I’ve ended up ordering some of your feminised blue cheese and some feminised white widow seeds this morning and getting a free critical+ too. I take it I’ll have the same problem running these as I would with the auto versions? As in the cheese being much taller? Would the critical grow well with either of them?

sorry for all the questions. I’m excited to get growing and want to make sure I give my first grow the best chance of success 

p.s I should mention I have a ScrOG net to help me

Edited by Grower not a shower
  • Like 3

Thanks for the reply @Dinafem-Mark. I’ve ended up ordering some of your feminised blue cheese and some feminised white widow seeds this morning and getting a free critical+ too. I take it I’ll have the same problem running these as I would with the auto versions? As in the cheese being much taller? Would the critical grow well with either of them?

sorry for all the questions. I’m excited to get growing and want to make sure I give my first grow the best chance of success 

p.s I forgot to mention that I have a ScrOG net. Would this help with growing plants of differing heights?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Grower not a shower said:

No problem what so ever mate happy to help  :)

With our blue cheese and white widow you should be able to grow the photoperiod strains together as you will be able to manipulate the plants a lot more easily  :)

Yes blue cheese has a 2.5x stretch whereas white widow only 1.5-2x stretch so some canopy maintaining will be needed in the form of lst (low stress training) and cropping :)

As you will be using a scrogg type set up this will make things easier :)

Critical would make an excellent Partner plant to white widow mate :) but will be finished slightly faster ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

Thanks again for the advice.

Think I'll leave the Critical for another grow as I don't have a separate space for dying at the minute. BC and WW will be going in as soon as they pop through my letterbox.

I'll start a diary once I figure out how to upload photos etc. Am I right in thinking I can't upload straight from my iPad or iPhone? Gonna have to break out my prehistoric laptop and camera 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, beezee said:

I do all my uploads from my mobile, just make sure you resize ask your pics to under 750kb :)

do you use a special app for this @beezee? The only ones I can find just reduce the size of the photo and not the actual file size. Do you use an iPhone or one of the better ones like a Samsung? Haha 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, beezee said:

@Grower not a shower I have an android phone lol

I expect there's plenty of apple apps, look for image shrink or image resizer :)

The missus just got a galaxy S8 and I’ve got massive phone envy. My iPhone 7’s days are numbered!!

2 minutes ago, jadenugs said:

Image shrink is what I use if sorting them on my mobile

Cheers @jadenugs I’ll have a swatch for that now

• Like 3

With the image shrink there are present sizes you can set it to. One preset might make your pic over 750 and the next lower preset might make it a lot smaller than 750. I like mine to be as near to 750 as poss to fill the page width so I usually go for the preset which makes it too big, then crop it until it's just under 750. There is a custom setting but it doesn't keep the aspect ratio when you change one parameter, not in the unpaid version anyway. Of course if you're  not too fussy about getting it close to 750 just use a preset that takes it under that and you'll be fine, quick and easy that way ;)

• Like 3

@Grower not a shower I've been an avid android user since the 1st HTC phone and have nothing but positive things to say about this os. Combined with Samsung ui it does make for a great end user experience  :yep:

In regards to pictures I upload a few for different members and if I'm not at my pc where I use a program called "picassa3" to resize I used an app called "image and picture resizer" and free from the app store  :)

It allows for set sizes or custom and reduces the size dramatically for easy upload to the forum  :)

If you do have issues I'm only a pm away and will gladly upload for you  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

Some top tips there, thanks @Dinafem-Mark.

I've got myself a resizing app and got busy with the hammer earlier to create a bit more space around the outside of my tent as when I did a test run of my gear I couldn't get the temperature below 45c with the 600w lamp in! Sitting steady at 24c with the ballast cranked right up to 660w so I'm a happy boy today. Can't describe how sh!t I felt yesterday when the temps were skyrocketing. 

So now I'm just awaiting the delivery of my magic beans and I'm ready to go :toldya:

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Grower not a shower said:

So now I'm just awaiting the delivery of my magic beans and I'm ready to go

Are they coming from us direct mate I forget? 

Also nice to read temps are at a more manageable level  :yep:

Glad you've also found a picture resize app. Once you've done it once it is very easy :) and help needed just shout  :)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2