Remo Chemo Vertical Coco supercropped and trained.

zztopbudz

Pleased to see the plant got over the cold spell and is still going for it :yep: 

There's a lesson for everyone here, just how fragile the environment is at such a critical time, like you say

1 hour ago, zztopbudz said:

the plant being relatively near death

is spot on, I hadn't thought of it on those lines.

Cheers

• Like 3

What a shame mate :( that cold has turned a beautiful looking Dinafem girl into a not so pretty plant :(

I would get all that brown out of there mate and let the focus go into the remains buds for the last 2 weeks :)

The buds that are unaffected look to be bulking up well and trichome development looks good :)

These things happen my friend and all you can do is what you are doing make the best out of it :)

Thank you for the vertical update and added pictures very much appreciated!

Until the next vertical update  :bong:

All the best 

Mark.

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
Auto correct
  • Like 1

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 0:38 PM, sroporilshoot said:

Pleased to see the plant got over the cold spell and is still going for it :yep: 

There's a lesson for everyone here, just how fragile the environment is at such a critical time, like you say

is spot on, I hadn't thought of it on those lines.

Cheers

Cheers mate, yep. Any fuck ups in the 9 or so weeks we have and the plant is never the same. If you were attempting a gram per watt these are the things you just cant have. On more plants it could be very fucking bad. 

but if fools like me are gonna try and grow in a garage in the winter then I better expect it to be slightly difficult lol. 

zz

• Like 3

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:36 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

What a shame mate :( that cold has turned a beautiful looking Dinafem girl into a not so pretty plant :(

I would get all that brown out of there mate and let the focus go into the remains buds for the last 2 weeks :)

The buds that are unaffected look to be bulking up well and trichome development looks good :)

These things happen my friend and all you can do is what you are doing make the best out of it :)

Thank you for the vertical update and added pictures very much appreciated!

Until the next vertical update  :bong:

All the best 

Mark.

I'm hearing you brother . Shame I was a bit unlucky on this one but ive got another Remo in the other room Vegging well soon to be flowered and ill drop some of that onto the end of this thread to show more Remo Buds. 

In about 12 weeks that will be lol. 

Anyway where were we.

Week 8 

For security I have to put her in the veg room as she stinks too much to have her out of carbon filtration for too long. 

As you can see the damage has progressed and the root death has just taken a bit longer to show itself up top. 

large.2017-01-27_10-32-30_zz.jpg

Probably a third of the plant.

large.2017-01-27_10-32-38_zz.jpg

So I took Marks advice and snipped off all of the damaged bits and its drying as we speak for some test smokes. 

Now the rest of the plant can have full access to light and I'm hoping she continues to fatten. 

large.2017-01-27_10-56-08_zz.jpglarge.2017-01-27_10-56-12_zz.jpglarge.2017-01-27_10-56-18_zz.jpglarge.2017-01-27_10-56-36_zz.jpglarge.2017-01-27_10-56-40_zz.jpglarge.2017-01-27_10-56-44_zz.jpg

She has good Trichnome production and is quite sticky. 

large.2017-01-27_10-56-58_zz.jpg

You see the chopped stem, most of the damage was near or directly off that stem. 

Now I'm hoping this lot will thicken and mature. 

large.2017-01-27_10-57-16_zz.jpglarge.2017-01-27_10-57-10_zz.jpg

The hole left by the missing bits. 

large.2017-01-27_10-57-20_zz.jpg

I feel that this cold root business may have slowed her by a week maybe. Ideally she would probably benefit from that week back and run for ten weeks but I need her out the room. 

large.2017-01-27_10-57-32_zz.jpg

She is on plain water all this week and I hope to chop her at the end of the week. 

9 weeks will be a good indicator of her strength and type of smoke. 

I think her next flowering in the other room, will teach me more about her.

over and out for a week. 

zz

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, zztopbudz said:

snipped off all of the damaged bits and its drying as we speak for some test smokes

Can't beat the testers man:yep:

I'm in a detached garage meself, not as cold as it has been, outside has been up to 11.5c, once it gets above 8c it seems a lot easier to cope with.

Onwards and most certainly upwards for the vertical growing mate:yep: 

Lovely grow ATB

Cheers

Edited by sroporilshoot
  • Like 3

Morning all 

So here we are chop day 9 weeks and the poor girl has just carried on dieing I think lol. 

Lots of brown leaves over this past week of water. But truth be told I think they never got over them 6 hours of cold . They couldn't take nutes up properly I think and generally bagan what I'm now calling the slow death lol.

I had the exact same thing with a Black Jack the grow before . Compromised roots from around week 5 and there aint no coming back lol. Well the weed on that Black Jack was perfectly good once id pulle out all the brown leaves and I'm sure this Remo Chemo will be the same. 

large.2018-02-03_10-04-00_zz.jpglarge.2018-02-03_10-04-24_zz.jpg

Looking at the buds I think they look quite ripe , but generally the plant is all over the place , some roots more affected than others. 

large.2018-02-03_10-04-36_zz.jpglarge.2018-02-03_10-05-08_zz.jpg

Still , there is some density to the colas. I will enjoy her as a test smoke to see if she floats my boat. 

large.2018-02-03_10-05-12_zz.jpg

Here she is just chopped at the stem , pot removed and stood in the room upside down with the rest of the room , all chopped and now drying.

I do feel gutted with myself as it was all going so well up to my fuck up and it just had to be during a particularly cold snap. Its much warmer now really and yesterday when I switched the room off it dropped from 21 to 7c within about 10 minutes . 

I'm not ending this thread yet in fact I'm gonna continue it with the other Remo I'm just about to flower in my other room . So I can at least show a Remo Chemo do a proper flowering and what she can look like after 9 weeks when healthy as fuck . 

I will let you know how she smokes when she is dry and maybe some bud shots when ive tidied her up a bit and trimmed out all the dead leaves .

Thanks to Mark for giving me the seeds bro, more to come . 

zz

• Like 5

I did think that removing that excess/burnt foliage she would bounce back but sadly not :(

I think all you can do is ride this one out brother :bong:

By the sound if things you are harvesting? 

Best of luck brother. 

Can I ask. Do all strains work vertically or do some strains just not want to play?

Thanks for the vertical update and added pictures very much appreciated!

All the best 

Mark.

Hello mate, yep she is harvested last week , well chopped anyway.

Gonna be slow dry I think, had some very cold temps last week and ive got no heating on as I find they can dry a bit too quick. A week and everything has shrunk a bit but the buds still feel wet and soft and velvety. 

large.2018-02-10_13-34-46_zz.jpg

I think maybe one more week and I may be able to start trimming the buds off the stems and into brown paper bags. 

large.2018-02-03_10-06-34_zz.jpg

I think every strain will happily grow vertically. Its just in my situation I have 1 metre of height and width and depth. So for me if a strain is too tall or stretchy its harder for me to control in the space. 

Indica doms that do the opposite and wont stretch can be worked with as they just need more veg but some times they refuse to put out new shoots that I need to fill the screen and utilise my space. 

But as for growing next to the light source as opposed to under it , I don't think the plants care either way, they just grow towards the light source. 

If I had 2 rooms that were 2 or three times the size of what I have I would probably not attach the plants to the screens anymore and allow them to grow free style or tree style. I would just spin the plants around and train out the back that wasn't getting light. 

I'm also smoking the Remo buds that had gone brown and I removed at week 8 I believe . Semi flash dried on the leccy blanket for pure test smokes for strength really. 

I am very impressed at this rough harsh test smoke as its is obviously gonna be a really hard hitter. 

Put me to sleep twice yesterday and I'm on it this morning and it has a very very strong stone about it. Its early days but after a proper good grow and a few months cure I think it will be killer smoke. 

over and out for now, 

zz

• Like 5

Even with the burn/yellowing issue you can see this strain was perfect for this style of growing :yep:

She sure did fill out that screen and I would really like to see how this strain would perform in a vertical environment with optimal conditions  :)

Maybe you would like go try again?

A nice slow dry and into paper sounds a solid plan  and will look out for your thoughts on the end product once fully dry and cured  :)

Until then thank you for this vertical adventure and dedication to the diary :bong:

All the best 

Mark.. 

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Watch this space as I have now moved indoors to 2 new loft grow rooms. 

This is the only surviving ancestor of the Remo pheno . 

I'm hoping to reveg her as she is now basking on 18/6 in my room in near perfect temps. 

I will clone her and run her again, large and vertical and update this thread with some bloody decent Remo shots. 

Back in a few months 

touch wood

zz

large.20180526_141425.jpg

• Like 2

Good luck with the re-veg brother and nice to read you are now moved into your new loft location :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers mate 

I fear its gone Pete tong mate.

She yellowed and looks dead almost overnight.

I have tucked her in between 2 big vegging plants where I cant see her and I'm gonna just forget about her for a few weeks see if nature kicks in and she sprouts a little shoot. 

I will be Absolutely gutted mate because what I saw of remo Chemo she could have been one of the best ive grown. 

Absolutely thick with thc and a lovely floral taste and strong ass fook. 

As you know I don't give up easy lol. 

fingers crossed. 

zz

• Like 2

@zztopbudz Re-veg can be tricky mate but don't be disheartened. Remo is a very stable strain and if this fails I'm confident you'll easily find a simular pheno from a 5 pack if seeds :)

Let's see if she pulls through. Fingers crossed mate ;)

All the best 

Mark..