Remo Chemo Vertical Coco supercropped and trained.

zztopbudz

Here we go Ole ZZ is gonna have a bash at Remo Chemo. Sounds like something I might like the buzz off .

Anyway these seeds were a cunt to germ. Tiniest seeds I've ever seen and fucking toughest seed shells I've ever seen.

So I always soak them for 24 hours so the shells can split and I know I have viable seeds.

So 24 hours in plain water in the tin they came in 3 seeds Bosh.

large.20170918_111439.jpg

In a bit of coco , a bit damp .  The picture below is especially for people laying down on the sofa .

large.20170918_113048.jpg

That is as far as I could get these remos to split .

large.20170918_111428.jpg

I had to resort to covering them with some plastic as to increase the humidity . This seems to be what the seeds needed to germ as I had failed without it, the seed staying semi split and its insides going to mush.

large.20170921_181005.jpg

Thank fuck at last 3 days later got 2 of them broke the surface. One still has the seed casing on and I had to pull it off because still it was rock hard and tough.

large.DSCF8275.jpg

The first one was potted up into a 1 litre ,early I  know but I feel safe with a 1 litre not drying out .

large.DSCF8347.jpg

A few days later I'm up and bloody running.

2 Remo's, the third didn't make it out of its shell. Anyway fuck that germing shit now ZZ is growing the green .

large.2017-10-02_11-24-44_zz.jpg

Edited by zztopbudz
  • Like 7

They're a bitch mate but don't give up on the 3rd bean chap.

The shells are tough as fuck but the virility of the genetics is good and even with the Cotyledons totally removed  mine caught back up and is flowering exactly with the ones that were perfect. 

• Like 4

If you aint see my grow thread adventures in my sig link then you wont know how I roll.

I grow in an outdoor garage And I grow vertically

I have built 2 rooms that are basically give or take 1.2m Boxes.

Very well insulated and both rooms have an 8 inch fan on it.

I am able to use the top of the rooms as a work bench type area and the doors open on the front of each room .

I went vertical because I saw the picture below and that started me off investigating it.

gallery_16058_10277_57132.gif

Each room is fed by a 100l res and pumped out about 4 times a day . This means it runs on auto for about 2 weeks before the barrel is empty.

Give or take depending on the plant size.

large.20170723_141008.jpg

I messed around with various drippers and stakes and in the end the all get blocked , so I just used 22m plastic pipe and drilled out 3 mil holes exactly where my pots will always be. Works a treat , no blockages and the pipe is so cheap.

large.20170627_162704.jpg

So I simply have a 400 hung in the middle and I scrog all the way round the room. Under the 400 is a 250w mh that does most of the vegging.

I normally fire them both up for flowering. But I have recently began flowering with a 400 on top and a 315cmh on the bottom.

So the Remo Chemo will be full spectrum gear.

large.20170909_142456.jpg

The idea of the true vert is to get 360 degrees coverage. Now of course if I scrogged the bit in front of the door I wouldn't be able to get in.

So I had to have one plant that I used to grow into the door space and could be removed to give me access.

I have started to call it my door plant.

Because I have no screen to train th edoor plant to, I use tying , topping and supercropping to bend this plant to fill my door gap as best it can.

Its the final piece in the Doughnut of weed.

Below you see the door plant in place.

large.20170909_191616.jpg

Here is a little bit of a doughnut of weed.

Done properly its wall to floor bud, right the way round .

Below you see a later stage door plant.

large.20170811_192539.jpg

The door plant can be removed for pictures and I can experiment with tying and defoiling . Basically I will use everything I can to make the door plant yield the best it can.

large.20170729_091802.jpg

Now this is as recent as a few weeks ago now.

The next generations of clones are ready and are looking at about 3 months vegging under the 250.

large.20170911_182126.jpg

Scrogging in action and the 2 bulbs that the Remos will be basking under.

large.20170921_184517.jpg

Below is an example of the training that the door plant has put on it to control height and direction. Also to improve yield.

large.20170921_185245.jpglarge.DSCF8338.jpg

This is how big my current clones are and I was really hoping for the best of the three Remos to find a place on the screen.

I should have mentioned I run 8 plants 4 down one side 4 down the other.

The door plant is often a copy of a strain I fancy having plenty of or does particularly well in a bondage situation.

But due to the trouble I had germing them I'm behind a good 4 weeks and really would be a waste to pull one of these for a Remo seedling.

large.DSCF8279.jpg

You see the two baby Remos compared to my clones.

So I'm gonna select the strongest of the 2 Remos and use it as my door plant .

It will be trained and topped and tied from near enough day 1.

large.2017-10-02_11-28-50_zz.jpg

That's all for now anyway . Thread started. Remo Chemo Welcome to my grow room.

It was a difficult birth lol

more to come soon

watch this space.

zz

• Like 9

Just now, Badbadger said:

They're a bitch mate but don't give up on the 3rd bean chap.

The shells are tough as fuck but the virility of the genetics is good and even with the Cotyledons totally removed  mine caught back up and is flowering exactly with the ones that were perfect. 

Cheers mate,

I tell you they did my nut in, made me question everything I had been doing for years.

Seeds under a prop? ive never had to before, clones yes but not seeds.

Anyway we made it brother.

Hope she smokes well aye.

zz

• Like 4

Nice set up mate. Good to see someone doing something different. Hope the Remo makes a nice door plant for you.

The picture for people laying down on the sofa, still laughing now lol Stoners in mind eh

• Like 3

I've not seen a vertical grow for some time so this is going to be interesting :)

Firstly thank you for getting your Remo Chemo grow diary up and running mate :)

Secondly you are not the only member who has had an issue with these seeds, actually I think every member did. Great job on getting the 2 through and as @Badbadgersaid don't give up on no 3 :) i have told the bosd amd breeding team about this issue :yep:

As said this is going to be a step away from the norm and needless to say we will be along for the ride and watching with interest :)

Thank you for taking the time to get this diary up and running and thank you for documenting your grow on UK420 :)

Also thank you for the added pictures very much appreciated!

Until next time mate :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

On ‎06‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:56 PM, jadenugs said:

Nice set up mate. Good to see someone doing something different. Hope the Remo makes a nice door plant for you.

The picture for people laying down on the sofa, still laughing now lol Stoners in mind eh

Ha ha I'm getting old and smoking more better quality herb lol, what can I say sometimes things can slip past me now, like sideways pics lol

Welcome aboard my friend , watch what I'm going to do with this Remo Chemo .

zz 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

I've not seen a vertical grow for some time so this is going to be interesting :)

Firstly thank you for getting your Remo Chemo grow diary up and running mate :)

Secondly you are not the only member who has had an issue with these seeds, actually I think every member did. Great job on getting the 2 through and as @Badbadgersaid don't give up on no 3 :) i have told the bosd amd breeding team about this issue :yep:

As said this is going to be a step away from the norm and needless to say we will be along for the ride and watching with interest :)

Thank you for taking the time to get this diary up and running and thank you for documenting your grow on UK420 :)

Also thank you for the added pictures very much appreciated!

Until next time mate :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Cheers Mark

None of it possible without your good self and all the effort you put in mate.

Hope I do a wicked thread for you dude.

and Dinafem of course.

zz

• Like 2

Here we go again

This was them a week ago give or take 7 days from propping from the shell .

large.2017-10-02_11-24-44_zz.jpg

Nice bit of growth as you can see. Nice and warm and I made a couple of silver bubble wrap covers for the little 1 litre pots to keep them warm.

large.2017-10-07_14-01-48_zz.jpg

The Top one was the stronger from the start and the bottom one has issues standing on its own, a thinner stem than the top one as well.

large.2017-10-07_14-02-16_zz.jpg

The top one stands nice and squat and is growing fast.

This is my choice out of the 2 Remos and the other one has been culled. Tough love here people lol.

large.2017-10-07_14-02-08_zz.jpg

So it begins the chosen Remo Chemo has been selected and is now sitting in its new and final position.

She don't look like much now but she is gonna be trained HARD.

She is just being fed the normal veg stuff I'm giving to the clones . plant magic about  3mil in 10L. 5 mil being max dose I think.

Temp is around 24.5 humidity around 66%.

large.2017-10-07_14-20-50_zz.jpg

That's it for another week . See how she likes her new spot.

ZZ

• Like 3

Looking nice and strong, the chosen one ;)

Can't help noticing how spot on healthy your other plants are dude. Can see this Remo being a good un, trained to fuck to fill that door space.

All the best :yep:

• Like 3

Nice to see the Remo has been selected and is now in her spot in the grow room :)

From the grows I have seen with the Remo it is a very bushy plant that does grow tall if allowed. 

This is going to be interesting to see how the Remo grows in a vertical system :yep:

Thank you for taking the time to update your diary and thank you for the added pictures really appreciated :)

Until the next one :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

Cheers guys

Welcome aboard

Here she is still in her 1 l pot , a bit yellow looking , like hunger but I suspect its sitting in run off or a bit of cold. She hasn't stopped her growing however.

large.2017-10-14_13-18-04_zz.jpglarge.2017-10-14_13-19-08_zz.jpglarge.2017-10-14_13-19-42_zz.jpg

large.2017-10-14_13-22-02_zz.jpglarge.2017-10-14_13-22-16_zz.jpglarge.2017-10-14_13-19-08_zz.jpg

So time for a pot up into a 3.5l pot , double wrapped with silver bubble wrap.

Also Topped at the third node.

See I laid the top right next to itself.

large.2017-10-14_13-43-28_zz.jpg

There it is , top on the floor now.

large.2017-10-14_13-43-40_zz.jpg

Now I wanna see her throw up a few new shoots . Bigger pot , roots will go mad imminently.

large.2017-10-14_13-44-02_zz.jpg

There she is in her spot , its always tough the first haircut.

large.2017-10-14_13-48-58_zz.jpg

Topping no 1 , 3 weeks old . See you in a week.

ZZ rockin the Remo. Training has begun.

large.2017-10-14_13-49-12_zz.jpg

Edited by zztopbudz
  • Like 4

Morning All

So another 7 days of Growth makes it a month old.

This was her as I left you last weekend. First topping.

large.2017-10-14_13-48-58_zz.jpg

Here she was yesterday , She is already starting to lean the way I want her to and I haven't even started lst yet..

large.2017-10-21_10-21-58_zz.jpg

This is her turned around for a pic, this is her light facing side.

large.2017-10-21_10-22-14_zz.jpg

Side view shows you how the lower shoots have shot up .

large.2017-10-21_10-22-52_zz.jpg

Little bit closer

large.2017-10-21_10-22-58_zz.jpg

Last thing I did was pinch out all the growing tips and leave them flopped.

large.2017-10-21_10-40-00_zz.jpg

Here she is back in her position . A bit crushed and broken, but she will heal .

Well I took these pics in the morning and came back in the evening to take pics of the other flowering room. I had a peek in and she had seemingly recovered as all the flopped over crushed stems were back standing up again. 5 hours .

That's her lot for another 7 days now.

large.2017-10-21_10-41-28_zz.jpg

• Like 4

She is starting to take shape mate and will definitely appreciate the potting up into a bigger pot and extra medium :yep:

Nice job on the topping and training also. 

Now this is getting interesting :bong:

Thank you for taking the time to update your diary good sir very much appreciated!

Until your next one  :bong:

Great job thus far  :)

All the best 

Mark .

• Like 1