Green Crack and Purple Trainwreck

artyb

Things are looking a bit quiet in here so I thought I'd make a topic for this subforum. I've got 3 green crack and 1 purple trainwreck vegging on about day 35 from seed. I also have a a thread in the grow diaries section so I won't go too in depth here but I will post picture updates of the HSO girls on a semi regular basis.

I'll start with a group shot of my tent from earlier this week and pictures of the mutant purple trainwreck.

The green crack plants are the ones with the light green leaves, if you can't spot them that's top right, middle right and bottom middle.

The plants have been tied down in a sideways U shape, defoliated twice and topped. From this point onwards they'll be more or less left to their own devices until I decide to flower them.

large.IMG_20170913_165112.jpg

The purple trainwreck is throwing out side branches and leaves where ever it wants. I've done no training however I did defoliate as it was so dense and bushy.

large.IMG_20170910_190428.jpglarge.IMG_20170910_190508_01.jpg

• Like 13

Maxing out that canopy nicely, good job mate! I can't wait to try growing Green Crack myself, an awesome stand out smoke! Look forward to see how this pans out ATB

• Like 2

@artybThank you so much for getting this diary up and running :yep: as we are nust starting out on UK420 this has made a great addition to the newly formed HSO support forum :)

Plants are looking very healthy and growing really well :yep:

Some nice work with the shaping and defoliation which has certainly helped thin out the plants to expose those valuable bud sites :) really nice work and will be along for the ride and watching with interest :)

Thank you again for documenting your HSO grow on the UK420 platform and thank you for taking the time to add pictures very much appreciated!

Until next time :bong:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The last two weeks have been somewhat unproductive. All the plants  in my tent became very droopy and showed signs of root problems. As I had just watered them I assumed it was over watering, let the pots dry out and they were still looking over watered, but at the same time under watered and floppy on the lower leaves, all very confusing but I'm not the most experienced grower. Gave them a feed of half the usual and yet the problem persisted, despite perking up after watering.

Then last weekend I realised it was cold roots due to my air intake coming in at bottom of the tent blowing onto the pots. I moved the intake and it's taken them a week to restart vigorous growth, now it looks like they're unstoppable.

Here they are last night, the green cracks are the 3 on the right the wack purple trainwreck is at the bottom.
2 of the green cracks have very light green leaves, I thought that might be a trait but those two are in a different soil mix so maybe they're just hungry, they've certainly darkened up since I fed them yesterday and foliar fed at lights off. I've just upped the feed, fish mix at 2ml, algamic 2ml and bio heaven 2ml. Not sure if thats too heavy but they're 2 months old now so I guess not, I'm always worried about over feeding for some reason. First time using bio heaven, thought I'd give it a go and bought a small bottle.

I've cut most of the branches off the trainwreck as it was mostly just a bush of tangled branches and leaves. Not really giving it much attention for obvious reasons. Its a really strange plant, I will produce a branch that has a really bif leaf on it and a tiny shoot, doesn't know where to spend its energy. Better than nothing though aye.

I plan to flower in a week or two depending on growth rate. The last grow I fucked about with defoliation, took most of the leaves off some of the plants around week 2 of flower, they still prodcued well but they all produced less than the plants I lollipopped and there were a lot of small buds. I would like to try defoliating again on one or two plants. I've seen a technique where you defoliate on the first day of flower and again 3 weeks in. I can understand the theory behind this method. I guess opening the plant up to light right before flower could sow stretch down but also increase growth to the rest of the growth tips on the plant. Then come the end of stretch the lower bud sites would be much better developed. Or I'm wrong, we'll see I guess. I love to experiment but I won't be putting all my eggs in one basket.

Just realised I've been rambling, I smoked some lemon garlic og x blue dream a little while back, that could have something to do with it.

large.IMG_5606.jpg

• Like 6

Good catch on the intake fan mate you will notice this more and more as the cold nights draw in so glad you caught it early :yep:

The progress looks to be doing very well and plants are showing nicr structure and development :)

I know you say you will flower in 1-2 weeks ;) can I ask will you be doing a repot before the flower stage starts?

Our green crack can be quite a hungry lady with some feeding I've seen upto 2.0-2.2ec we would recommend 1.7-1.8 but if she is still hungry then maybe increase as needed :yep:

They are coming along very well mate. Thank you for taking the time to update your HSO diary and thank you for the added pictures very much appreciated!

I'll be back in in the next update :)

Until then :bong:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

9 minutes ago, HSO-Mark said:

Good catch on the intake fan mate you will notice this more and more as the cold nights draw in so glad you caught it early :yep:

The progress looks to be doing very well and plants are showing nicr structure and development :)

I know you say you will flower in 1-2 weeks ;) can I ask will you be doing a repot before the flower stage starts?

Our green crack can be quite a hungry lady with some feeding I've seen upto 2.0-2.2ec we would recommend 1.7-1.8 but if she is still hungry then maybe increase as needed :yep:

They are coming along very well mate. Thank you for taking the time to update your HSO diary and thank you for the added pictures very much appreciated!

I'll be back in in the next update :)

Until then :bong:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

I wasn't intending on repotting them, they're drinking 2l every 3 days now though so i guess they're well rooted. Just didn't want to have to deal with more water.

• Like 2

What size lots are they in now mate?

They would benefit from more medium but it is not necessarily needed :yep:

They are looking good as is so :)

Kind regards

HSO-Mark..

Oops forgot to say. They're in 6l pots currently.
Also I'd like to say I really like this feature on this site and really appreciate and respect you for this. I know it's a job but you come across as really sincere. 

• Like 3

@artybI do try my best to just be myself and to treat others as I would like to be treated myself :)

As you are doing quite a short veg stage the 6l pots should be fine mate and I've seen many growers pull of great results in comparable pots :)

Will be watching with interest mate and here if needed :yep:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since I updated but not much is going on. The green cracks are going strong, currently 6 days into 12/12, 4 days since preflowers. I defoliated the biggest one on the first day of flower so it should be interesting to see how it responds in the long run with this technique.

The green cracks are bottom left, middle middle and middle right.

large.IMG_20171014_150107.jpg

• Like 6

Beautiful looking canopy you got there buddy.

The green crack is a lovely smoke mate.

I only grew the one a while back and I had quite a short pheno. Got around an oz and a half.The Mrs and me had a week off work at the time and we pretty much devoured it that week.

• Like 2

Very nice to hear the green crack are now 7 days into bloom and by the look of things they are doing very well indeed :)

Super job on maintaining the canopy it is super even which will allow for better light distribution and will be very interesting to watch how the "defoliated" plant performs compared to the others :)

Beautiful looking tent that is about to really show what can be done  :) bring on those buds lol

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to update your HSO diary and thank you for the added pictures very much appreciated!

Looking grand mate :)

Will be back in on the next update until then keep up the great work!

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

Here they are, green cracks are middle middle, middle left and bottom left, the purple trainwreck is beneath the canopy getting very little light but is forming flowers nonetheless. The defoliated green crack is a few days behind I think and has stretched very little but lower growth is showing much more mature bud growth than any of the non defoliated plants so it's having a positive effect so far. I'm off to amsterdam for the weekend and have a friend baby sitting, I can't wait to get back to see their progress after so many days without seeing them. 

large.IMG_20171019_161624.jpg

• Like 4