Humbolt seeds for diary: Black D.O.G. & Bubba Kush 2.0

Green demon

So 24hrs later most of the girls are climbing out of their graves. I read electrocuting plants at low doses increases their nutrient uptake so they're going to have a shock when their leaves open :rofl:

large.IMG_821.jpg

Just kidding, I've earthed them, read/watch about it here:

https://www.michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/48531-grounding-your-grow/

Hippy as a mother :censored:

• Like 8

looking good green demon

hope the earthing does them good, i was just laufing at the wires coming out on your pic, and my ballast blew up lol 

• Like 6

@smokie1 b c f c cheers brother! If nothing else, at least it gave you and me a laugh. Hope nothing got damaged by your ballast, as Einstein would say, spooky action at a distance!

So far these little girls are just storming along. Had to wrestle a couple of seeds off so the cotyledons could unravel, always a bit unerving, but they survived the operation. Very suprised to find roots coming out of the bottom already on all but one, so I potted them up into, er, pots.

Watered them in with .5 EC @ a pH of 5.8, water temps 20 degrees.

Temps have been maintained between 23-25 and as for humidity, not sure, my hygrometer is on it way out. 

large.IMG_831.jpglarge.IMG_832.jpg

large.IMG_833.jpglarge.IMG_834.jpg

large.IMG_835.jpg

• Like 8

Fellow coco grower here and got the black dog too so ile sub up if you dont mind. Mite go down the semi organic route and get some ecothrive coco and biosys

• Like 4

Welcome aboard @cocopips happy to have you here. I'm new to coco so feel free to advise me but sure as hell don't copy me. I'm working it out as I go. 

I used to do all biobizz range so not strictly organic but bio and I have never tasted herb better than what I grew. I'm staying pure chem with coco but that ecothrive sounds like the shiznit!

I've just finished my last bit of Vitalink grow so I'll be using a cheap  coco nutrient until I can get some more. ATB

• Like 4

hi greendemon 

yeah glad i was there to turn of the ballast. it must of been a loose wire as i put up a thread on here about it. 

and took the lid off and checked all the wires,and made sure all screws were tight. some were lose so i guess thats what the sparking inside was.

it gave us a giggle tho ehh. mad how i was chilled one minute then jumping up with horror to turn of the plug socket the next. must of moved the fastest in years,like a ninja lol 

glad all your girls have popped mate. my seeds were sent out yesterday so should be here soon.:v:

il pull up a chair for your grow . i allso grow in coco using canna a and b , seaweed extract and molasses .and get some great crops that taste sweet , a week of water only after cutting down the a and b does a treat to get a smooth smoke. 

ive used plant magic oldtimer bloom in coco allso as i had most plants in soil then. and the organic fed coco plant did just the same yield wise as the soil grown plants. 

• Like 3

Your off to a great start mate :) 100% germination is always a great start to a grow and your seedlings are certainly going for it and showing some nice growth for such an early stage :yep:

Thank you for taking the time to add as much detail as you have done and thank you for all the added pictures very much appreciated!

Very interesting the "earthing" will have a read of this through the link provided :)

Keep up the stellar work mate :yep:

Until next time :bong:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 4

@smokie1 b c f c Happy to hear there was no damage mate. Good job fault finding it though. lol at the thought of you chilling them BAM Ninja mode.

Similar happened to me the other day. I was in the tent minding my own, doing a bit of watering, bondage, what not, you know, High and vibing with the girls.

Next thing I know an alarm goes off. I swear to God it was so loud I thought there was some Nuclear warning going off in my head. After falling out the tent and running around the house like a headless chicken I realised it was the house alarm. The Mrs had taken the hedge trimmer to a wire sand triggered the tamper mode. I've never heard a house alarm from the inside before, not cool lol 

I've just run out of Vitalink grow and got some Hy-pro A&B coco cheap. When I've got the funds I think I might give the canna range a go. I know they get slated but their rhizotonic is insane and their coco seems to be top quality as well. Look forward to seeing you get set up mate I'll sub now, sounds like I'll get to learn something :eat:

@HSO-Mark Cheers mate! I find the veg stage fascinating TBH, more so than flowering. Flowering is like a strip tease. See all them glistening bitches and not being allowed to touch, nah that just winds me up. Much prefer veg when I can get Stuck in, manipulate these sluts into giving me what I want. :headbang:

Here's Bubba #1 from Tuesday

large.IMG_922.jpg

And now Today

large.IMG_918.jpg

Bubba #2

large.IMG_917.jpglarge.IMG_916.jpg

Black D

large.IMG_914.jpg

large.IMG_913.jpg

large.IMG_915.jpg

The Bubba 2.0 are already noticeably shorter than the Black Ds. Nice squat little plants, the Ds are slightly leggy. 

I did have the seedlings in the propagator but one Black D started bending over, I'm assuming it was too humid so I've left the lid off for now.

Two Bubbas and one D have roots coming out of the drainage holes.

large.IMG_921.jpglarge.IMG_920.jpglarge.IMG_919.jpg

large.IMG_912.jpg

• Like 9

looking good mate. 

i have some fire 99 about the same age as yours. in coco aswell. 

i can imagine how you jumped like WTF when your house alarm went of. lol going from slowmo mode into turbo mode. 

yeah the canna coco feed is bang on, ive used it for years. but its a little weak tho. having to use more than the stated dose. but at £12 for a and b isnt allot for nutes. 

all the best with them frankenstein plants lol sorry bro couldnt resist. i am interested into seeing how they grow when earthed. :yep:

• Like 3

Looking good m8 - ever heard about the shock treatment sounds interesting!

I swear by house n garden coco nutes but trying growth tech 1 part coco nute atm Its salt based, cheap, easy to use and seems fine but have to use 3-5 ml per Lt. - false economy Im getting lazy I guess.

will keep tabs on your progress.

Happy growing

:yinyang:

• Like 4

@smokie1 b c f c when that alarm went off it was a full brown alert! TBH I prefer low concentrate, biobizz grow was soo freaking potent the plants just inhaled it and got nute burn. With this hydro E.C malarkey I haven't read the bottle once. I just fill up my bucket with water, adjust the temp, pour in nutes til truncheon confirms the EC I want, generally ph down til they are on 1.2 and jobs a good un. Its the frequency of watering that stumped me to start with in coco but I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

Oh shit you laugh at my Frankenstein bitches all you want, they don't care brother they be grounded. You're Fire 99 plants are wired right now from electrons, mine are meditating and grounded, chilled as a mother :D

Hey @growzee cheers for stopping by. Love cheap, not so much false economy lol Heard good tings bout H&G! Seeing as I'm using canna coco I would like to see how their range compliments.

Went shopping today and snuck an oven thermometer into the trolley. Mrs only noticed it at the checkout and asked me what it was for, I nonchalantly replied it would help with the jam making having a proper thermometer. She went back to packing. It wasn't until we were in the car driving away she twigged, "we already have jam thermometer." I laughed inside, kept it nonchalant, "yeah but it's shit" and under my breath (at least with this one I can measure the temperature of the plants root zone :rofl:

large.IMG_1005.jpg

Bloody thermostat on the oil rad is useless. Got close to cooking the girls a couple of times. The new Root Zone Thermostat was reading 24 degrees so I flung the rad out of the tent and put the plants back on the floor and lowered the height of the T5 to increase air temp in the propergator. I then watered them a light mix .5 EC, 5.8 pH, 20 degrees to bring the temp down in the root zone. 

Been reading loads of posts in the DIY section, can't wait to get some funds to tweak the prop tent. I want to get a thermostat and wire the heater and fan through it. With the crazy weather fluctuations I'm constantly having to adjust something in the tent. 

• Like 6

hi the H&G nutes retail about £14 but the NPK is 5-3-10 so higher than the Canna. Ive used at between 1ml and 2ml throughout with other additives so its economical too -  their multi total zyme and Bud XL are expensive but great too.  I'm just  experimenting with cheaper alternatives right now - the growth tech 1 part coco nute is only £8  per Lt and no mixing A and B :)

Canna Coco is a great medium I use the pro + it has lowers salts. I used to cut it with 10/ perlite  but then it requires watering more often - you will soon get the hang of it. It's easy to use and you can correcting over/under feeding problems within few days unlike soil which can take ages - its also easy to flush at the end just so you know. I can get away with 5-7 day flush.- just so you know.

With seedlings I go for lower EC of about 0.6-0.8 Add your nutes per ml - you can always add more but cant take away :)

PH down doesn't affect EC btw

Dont worry about temps to much as long as in appropriate range.

Are they still in a prop m8 as I find the extra humidity makes em stretch just lower your lights on em  - just my thoughts.

Grow on :yinyang:

Edited by growzee
  • Like 3

Cheers for the break down Growzee! I've cut perlite in with the coco for my other plants. I wanted to see what effect the increased the watering frequency has. I'm learning that already about coco, the rapid changes from problem to fix and vice versa. I've never measured water temp before but because the new pH pen does it automatically I've seen it's been coming out of the tap at 15 degrees so it's needed a little warming up. Thanks again for the help brother!

• Like 3

My good lady gave me the go ahead to go back to bed this morning and leave her with the pups. I chose to instead check on the drying bubble hash, which was fatal, because as soon as I felt it powder between my fingers I heard a big fat joint of 25 micron calling me. :skin_up:

I have no idea how the bud can be so shite but the bubble so epic but there we go, here I am red eyed to fook, living the dream.

large.IMG_1041.jpg

Any nominations for a strain to grow for hash? I'm thinking maybe get an Afghan and and just freeze the lot come chop time.

Anyway, from Humbolt I digress.

Here's the ladies this morning, you would never know the hygrometer had fallen on top of Bubba 3 last night :huh:

large.IMG_1033.jpg

The Black Ds

large.IMG_1037.jpglarge.IMG_1038.jpglarge.IMG_1035.jpg

Bubba minus 2

large.IMG_1036.jpglarge.IMG_1034.jpg

The height difference between Bubba and Dog

large.IMG_1039.jpg

The Dogs stretch is a concern so I've left the lid off the prop and put an oscillating fan in to give them a body building sesh.large.IMG_1040.jpg

• Like 8

Nice looking bubble mate was this from an HSO strain?

Both the bubba and black dog are looking good :) great call on adding the fan this will definitely help strengthen those fragile stems :yep:

Bubba#3 looks not to be effected by the hydrometer mishap and bounced back well :)

Real nice, healthy babies :yep:

Thank you for taking the time and dedication to update your HSO adventure and thank you for taking the added pictures very much appreciated!

Until the next one :bong:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 4