How to build 20ton rosin press for £850

26 minutes ago, sterling-archer said:

Once ive ordered some and all is well ill post up on here the company :D

Full review :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but anyone any idea where i can get some of these custom aluminium plates from?? Had a search on google found a chinese company but they dont look the most reliable. 

Half way through buying the parts now so cant give up now

• Like 1

7 hours ago, le0n.v6 said:

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but anyone any idea where i can get some of these custom aluminium plates from?? Had a search on google found a chinese company but they dont look the most reliable. 

Half way through buying the parts now so cant give up now

Metals 4 u perhaps? Specify on site the dimensions of aluminium plates.....

Edited by M Pamplemousse

2 hours ago, M Pamplemousse said:

Metals 4 u perhaps? Specify on site the dimensions of aluminium plates.....

Thanks for the suggestion mate ive emailed a few companies english and a few chinese with a rough photoshopped design. hopefully have a bit of joy

@le0n.v6 you can get the complete plate setup on the bay of e try searching "Rosin Press 4 X 7 DIY Plate"

I made my own, but you'll need a drill press if you want to go down that route. They're quite easy to make if you have the tools that is.

25 minutes ago, NezA said:

@le0n.v6 you can get the complete plate setup on the bay of e try searching "Rosin Press 4 X 7 DIY Plate"

I made my own, but you'll need a drill press if you want to go down that route. They're quite easy to make if you have the tools that is.

I did have a quick look at a few of them kits but wasn't sure whether the PIDs would be up to scratch. I've already got the cartridge heaters and the thermocouples. Gonna keep hunting for some custom plates or atleast some aluminium bar so try and make my own. I do have a pillar drill n other tools so if I need to drill them that's not a problem 

In that case just get some flat bar ordered. I got mine from metals4u they do 4" x 1 1/4" aluminum bar which is ideal shouldn't take long at all to get a couple of bits drilled out.

I used inkbird PIDs I really rate all their gear from their PIDs to their BBQ thermometers I'm even using their WiFi thermostats and humidistats as environment controllers.

I got my plates as per above and took them to an engineering workshop and for 20 quid they drilled all the holes for me, tapped for my bolts to fix to ram and polished the faces also.

Drilling the hole for the thermocouple is a tad tricky due to depth and thinness hence why I let the pros do it despite owning a pillar drill.... And I can't polish metal as well.....

• Like 1

It is possible to re face plates with sandpaper working way all up the grits. Then hand polish takes about two hours to do by hand lol .