Dinafem Critical 2.0 + and Purple Afghan Kush - Photos, feminised

Bud Wiser

@Bud Wiser

Hmmm not good mate and I know the feeling too I must confess! I attribute these kinda germination issues to unwanted bad bacteria causing the freshly emerging tap root to rot away, I could well be wrong and it could be duff seeds but unless you germinate hundreds its not possible to say imho ;)

Like you I'm a shot glass user for germination and I also tap the seed down after an initial soak period of about 12 hours with my finger to make it sink. This works 99% of the time for me as I'm sure it does for you too but its infuriating when seeds just wont get going..... Has your finger been anywhere dirty prior to tapping the seed :naughty: I also, when I'm having issues, boil the water I will use and also pour it over the glass to sterilise that too and my finger before I tap the seed, I wash with tap water to try and make sure it also has no nasties on it too. Its not perfect but it does improve the chances of a sterile germination without the introduction of harmful bacteria. Truth is though unless we totally sterilise our environments, which is nigh on impossible in the home, we cant be sure why these things occur. One thing I would add I prefer to lose a plant at germination than several weeks in to the grow :)

Just crack another and hope for the best my friend!! :oldtoker:

• Like 3

I'm watching mate and I'm going to have to refer to the breeding team about this as we have tried many different techniques with no avail. This is super strange and one I can not answer I'll be back with an update asap :)

Sorry about this issue mate let me see what I can find out :)

The critical are looking very nice mate :) super healthy colour and developing well :)

Personally I think the 3l airpots will make good homes for mothers due to the air pruning that occurs. Will be watching your autopot adventure/test :yep:

Let me refer to the breeding team about the pak and I'll be back :)

Thank you for taking the time to update your diary and thank you for the added pictures very much appreciated! 

Sorry about this issue mate . Let me see what I can do :)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

I'm watching mate and I'm going to have to refer to the breeding team about this as we have tried many different techniques with no avail. This is super strange and one I can not answer I'll be back with an update asap :)

The critical are looking very nice mate :) super healthy colour and developing well :)

Personally I think the 3l airpots will make good homes for mothers due to the air pruning that occurs. Will be watching your autopot adventure/test :yep:

Thank you for taking the time to update your diary and thank you for the added pictures very much appreciated! 

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

All the best 

Mark..

No need to apologise Mark .. this is nature at the end of the day. Shit happens. :yep:

• Like 3

@Bud WiserIt is nature mate and thank you for being so understanding. However this still should not happen and I would like some advice from the breeding team about this :)

Maybe they know something I don't about this lady's fickle habits :)

All the best and again thanks for the understanding :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

@Bud WiserIt is nature mate and thank you for being so understanding. However this still should not happen and I would like some advice from the breeding team about this :)

Maybe they know something I don't about this lady's fickle habits :)

All the best and again thanks for the understanding :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Well, apart from booking her a room at The Savoy, there's not much more I can do to pander to her fickleness!

I've tried my best. :headpain:

• Like 4

Upstairs, downstairs .. I'm trying to slow the mother down and speed the scroggers up! 

I've got the mother on 18/6 atm .. might drop to 16/8 soon.

The bottom cab's on 24/0.

All are on just seaweed (3ml per litre) and Cal/Mag+ (1ml per litre) at the moment, there's a week's supply of nutes in the soil.

large.Upstairs-downstairs.jpg

"Waiter, waiter, there's a frog in my ganja"

"He's lucky you're not French then sir!" :woot:

large.The-Frog-Who-Came-In-From-The-Cold.jpg

Eight out of ten frogs prefer Critical 2.0 + lol

He must have hopped in for a quick suntan brush-up .. took me 15 minutes to get him out .. he really didn't want to leave. Haven't a clue how he got in.

The scroggers at 2wks, almost due for some snip snip ..

large.Critical2-2wks.jpg

I only updated the thread because of the frog! lol

:oldtoker:

• Like 8

@Bud Wiser dont give up on the pak, i had a couple do that same thing, had good luck with the peat pucks and rapid rooters. been growing smoking her for about 2 yrs now shes a lovely girl.

great work with the criticals looking mighty fine.

sam

• Like 3

1 minute ago, samhigh said:

@Bud Wiser dont give up on the pak, i had a couple do that same thing, had good luck with the peat pucks and rapid rooters. been growing smoking her for about 2 yrs now shes a lovely girl.

great work with the criticals looking mighty fine.

sam

I've had 7 do that now samhigh, so time to give up methinks. I'm sure it's lovely, that's why I chose the strain .. but if I can't germinate it, I can't grow it can I?

I'm sure Mark will return with some info on it, but in the meantime I need to get cracking with something else if I want to SoG 20 plants in January.

I have the new Sweet Seeds Indigo Berry Kush in water as we speak ... :naughty:

• Like 2

Just now, samhigh said:

i didn't realize 7 did it, if you were in my neck of the woods i would give you some cuts lol good luck with the indigo berry kush

sam

Bless you dude, that's real kind of you. I have a car. lollol

Yeah, I think there's a problem, possibly bad batch, who knows? ... I've got a tin-full of back-up though, so no worries. :yep:

• Like 2

Day 17 for the scroggers .. the mother got topped the other day, now it's their turn.

large.Critical2-day17.jpg

Growth is quite vigorous now, plenty of side-branches arriving as far down as the dicotyledons.

The plants are just starting their fifth node growth ..

large.Critical2-5th-node-growth.jpg

So time for a topping methinks.

large.Critical2-1st-topping.jpg

Took them all back down to the third node.

Then back in the bottom oven for another week ..

large.Critical2-topped.jpg

Job done. :oldtoker:

• Like 5

Nice job on the topping brother :yep:

Your plants are looking super healthy and showing some nice growth also nice to see your grow room had an inspection by the "frog" rarer you than me mate I would have ran and left him the crop lol

Things really are coming along great and thank you for taking the time to update your diary and thank you for the added pictures very much appreciated! 

Until the next one :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3