Dinafem Critical 2.0 + and Purple Afghan Kush - Photos, feminised

Bud Wiser

Bud Wiser 'Indoor' grow, 2017-18 Winter Season, UK.

Equipment:

Converted shed x 1.
6' x 6' x 6' .. flowering room, same for the waiting room = 216 cu. ft. or 6.11643886 cubic metres!

gallery_98779_13076_152207.jpg

Note: I haven't got to the CO2 yet, I need to upgrade my lighting before I waste money on more gadgets! :rolleyes:

Waiting room:
T5 flourescents, 96 watts continual power draw from the wall, 4 x 2ft tubes.

gallery_98779_13076_226328.jpg

Flowering room:
216 Cubic Feet. (6 cu. mtrs. - metric conversion as above!)
400 watt COB LED x 1.
300 watt dim LED x 2.
... pulling roughly 500 watts from the wall.

530 cu.mtrs. per hour exhaust fan.
360 cu.mtrs. per hour intake fan.
... another 83 watts from the wall.

gallery_98779_13076_259113.jpg

The LEDs are cheap Chinese jobs, so big yields are going to be a challenge.

The Plan:
I'm going to ScroG the Critical and SoG the Kush.

The Critical goes first, 4x plants from seed, 8 weeks in veg .. 6 weeks under T5s on 24hr, this gives me a couple of extra weeks to conduct some topiary, then another 2wks on 24 hr light in the flowering room under the ScroG net to fill the space up.

I'll be using 25 litre Airpots and (probably) Plagron Batmix for the bulk of the grow.

I built a new ScroG net just for the job, adjustable, re-stringable, cheap to build.

large.ScroG-net-1.jpglarge.ScroG-net-2.jpg

Meanwhile, I'm starting 2 of the Purple Afghan Kush seeds off at the same time as the Criticals .. the reason is I need to make a bunch of clones because I'll be growing 4 rows of 5 plants this time for a SoG. I'm thinking grow 2x mothers, take 30x clone cuttings, using the best 20x and chucking the rest. I've still got a few beans left just in case it all goes tits-up. I'll be using 20x 8" normal pots for this grow, and possibly my own soil mix, we'll see. Flowering doesn't start until the New Year, so I have 4 months to play with.

As always, I soak my seeds in a light seaweed-extract solution .. 1:1000 dilution rate.
They went into water today, so I guess the clock's now tickin' ..!

I'll try and update around once a week .. tho' there'll be times when there's lots happening and time's when there's bugger-all, so it'll be whatever's appropriate.

@Dinafem-Mark .. just a quick tag to let you know I've started. I won't tag you on every post, it'll drive you nuts, what with everyone elses diaries to wade through! lol Enjoy the Expo!

:oldtoker:

• Like 15

Firstly thank you so much for getting your grow diary up and running on UK420 :)

Secondly what a nice looking grow space and we at Dinafem are honoured to have our strains in your room :)

Love the added diagrams of the grow area this shows other members what you are working with and in detail to :yep: real nice addition to the diary, thank you for taking the time to do this :bong:

The "plan" sound solid and we will be along for the ride :)

Again huge thank you for getting your grow diary going and thank you for all the added pictures and diagrams very much appreciated! 

This is going to be a fun one and happy to be along for the ride :bong:

Until your next update ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 4

I did ask for you on the Dinafem stand at the Expo at the weekend .. I was there Saturday with @beezeeand his pal.

Your colleagues said they'd never heard of you ..... lollollol 

Joking aside, it would have been nice to put a face to the name .. next time perhaps. :cheers:

• Like 4

The Critical 2.0 + seedlings broke surface from between 4 and 9 days ... a bit of a gap, but they all made it.

large.59b94d396dc7c_Cgermination.jpg

The fastest one I'll probably keep as a mother through the winter and use her next year for clones or breeding, the remaining 4 are closer together development-wise for my ScroG ...

large.59b94d3a849a4_Cweek1.jpg

I've started these off using Wilco's Seed and Cutting Compost, it has a high sand and vermiculite content and I've been using it to great success this summer ... I'll re-pot into Plagron Light Mix for the vegging stage, save the Bat Mix for the flowering run.

large_Soil.jpg

Nutrient-wise, here's my main selection ...

large.Nutrients.jpg

I use a LOT of seaweed extract, and I use it in increasing strengths throughout the grow with every feed right up to the last half of flowering.

Same with Cal-Mag supplement .. it's needed growing under lights especially if vegging under a 24-7 regime, used with every feed.

Formulex .. I love this stuff. It's gentle and contains loads of good minerals, I use it as a foliar spray ... keeps the leaves healthy.

As I'm using quality (expensive!) soil, my top-up nutes aren't exactly top-shelf, but then they don't need to be, they seem to work fine for me.

Maybe one day, I'll splash-out, see if the difference is worth it..! :nerd:

:oldtoker:

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, beezee said:

Nice start @Bud Wiser look out for the thinner leafed pheno, she's a peach! 

Also if your taking clones, do extra as this strain doesn't always strike. 

I thought these were stabilised strains? lollol 

The old thin-leaf fat-leaf pheno-hunt is on again then .. :wallbash:

Plenty of clones will be taken over the course of six months I have no doubt.

Been upgrading ...

large.2ndCab-op.jpg

It does get a bit hot down below though, might need some venting going on. :nerd:

• Like 7

Just now, beezee said:

I'm pretty sure most, if not all, dinafem strains are f1 not ibl.

@Dinafem-Mark might know? 

You're not afraid to get him in for questioning, eh Inspector Beezee? lollol

I'd be very surprised if they were f1's ..

• Like 4

Why? It takes years of breeding to get a strain stable.

With f1's you can just keep crossing clones of the selected parents for more seeds the same. You only need to find the right parents.

I'm sure it's the same for almost all the large seed banks. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, beezee said:

Why? It takes years of breeding to get a strain stable.

With f1's you can just keep crossing clones of the selected parents for more seeds the same. You only need to find the right parents.

Exactly, that's why they're seed banks, charging what they do! :naughty:

The right parents don't necessarily make the right kids dude ... one'll go to University, one'll go to jail, one'll have a sex-change and the last one won't give a shit about anything. That's if humans are anything to go by ... lol

Edited by Bud Wiser
  • Like 5

Liking the 2 T5 setup mate I use an old PC fan hung from mine so I can get my plants nice and close but I would think one in the side of your cab would be sufficient to shift the air for v little money and leccy? Gotta run a Dinafem Critical 2.0 auto shortly for the Dianfem comp, after hearing all the hype thought I'd better try her ;)

Meanwhile I'll just grab a pew whilst you and @beezee argue it out mate :eat:

Hope you're well dude and still off the baccy! :yep:

ATB for this grow:oldtoker:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Fragg said:

Liking the 2 T5 setup mate I use an old PC fan hung from mine so I can get my plants nice and close but I would think one in the side of your cab would be sufficient to shift the air for v little money and leccy? Gotta run a Dinafem Critical 2.0 auto shortly for the Dianfem comp, after hearing all the hype thought I'd better try her ;)

Meanwhile I'll just grab a pew whilst you and @beezee argue it out mate :eat:

Hope you're well dude and still off the baccy! :yep:

ATB for this grow:oldtoker:

I don't think that would be sufficient my friend .. I was running a temp check today, and within four hours it jumped from 14c to 29c ... it's because it's an unventilated enclosed insulated wooden fucking box with doors! lol

But, serendipity again, an old pal gave me a box of working bathroom extractor fans for some unknown reason he he .. timing eh? A few adjustments, don't want a wind-tunnel in there, stem-strengthening gone mad!

We're not arguing .. yet! :ranting: :boxing: lol

I'm almost off the vape too .. just had a shitty cold, so it's just big fat neat-weed bifta's and bong's from now on !!!! :george:

Nice to hear your chatter again dude .. thought you'd sugar-OD'd from your Sweet summer! :smug:

• Like 4

@Bud Wiser I use home extraction fans for my main extraction and for pushing air round the tent.

They're so damn quiet compared to standard inlines,my Manrose main fan cost £17 runs flat out at 32db and because it's simple it works well with those cheap controllers for a tenner.

There are far better than the one I bought for peanuts compared to inlines.

*edit rather than upgrade LED's I'd buy a quality CMH and add it to the LED's you have with them perhaps sitting more at the sides of the plants with the CMH above as main.

Combining lighting types is where it's at in my humble opinion as they all have pro's and con's but used together you can remove most of the con's.

Either way it's good to see the effort your putting in and im sure the Dinafem beans will reward you with some fine smoke and a beautiful diary.

Edited by Badbadger
  • Like 5