Late Season Revival

The Sheriff of Nottingham

Right, so here we go again. Another diary. I did have a whole plot of Panik's stuff out, shown in my previous diary, but it got invaded by a swarm of pigs and they ate all the plants. I ended up losing about 15 of his RGSC plants in total... :down: ... devastation would be an understatement. It has been a tough season down my end. In fact it has been my toughest season yet, by far, since I started in this game...

But I am determined to get some of Panik's stuff to harvest this autumn, and I am desperate to give something back, not just to this online community, but to Panik seeing as he so kindly donated me the seeds. I'm trying my best, and after the mid season setback, in fact there were two major incidents, I am now trying to recover some of my pride. My anal sphincter has only just settled down, from all the stress and paranoia. And now that I am posting again, hopefully I can get these strains to harvest, although they will obviously finish far later than usual, given the abnormally late starts...  

Whitey Freeze (6 weeks old)

large.IMG_5358.JPG

large.IMG_5356.JPG

large.IMG_5357.JPG

large.IMG_5359.JPG

Alfie Daze (1 week old)

large.IMG_5377.JPG

large.IMG_5376.JPG

'The 7' (1 week old)

large.IMG_5379.JPG

large.IMG_5380.JPG

I currently estimate the Whitey Freeze to finish up around early October, with the Affie Daze and The 7 probably both running right up to late October. They are up high though so should get very good airflow to help combat any mould. Obviously if these were started in May (like my initial plot) they would be finishing up by late August/early September. Unfortunately things don't always work out in life though. 

If this late plant out doesn't work out, then it doesn't work out, but at least I am trying. Can't wait to go again next year now, so I can avenge my losses from earlier this year. Bare with me on these @panik I know you're probably thinking "oh God", they won't amount to much... but I am determined to come through good with these in the next 2-3 months. Fingers crossed we have a warm, dry Indian summer in the coming weeks. Who knows, we might? And it's better than just not bothering to put anything out at all. I hope you guys can understand the frustrations and tribulations I have gone through this season, which is why I haven't got much to show for RGSC. In another year/season... it would have been a totally different story! :doh:

:yinyang:

• Like 4

Good luck mate and as the saying goes you can't knock a trier , so thumbs up from me hopefully something comes off for ya after all the hassle you've had :yep: 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Whitey Freeze (6-7 weeks old

large.IMG_5506.JPG

large.IMG_5492.JPG

large.IMG_5502.JPG

large.IMG_5496.JPG

large.IMG_5495.JPG

large.IMG_5501.JPG

large.IMG_5500.JPGlarge.IMG_5497.JPG

large.IMG_5508.JPG

large.IMG_5507.JPG

Right, here are the late plant outs... germinated 1st August, ffs...

AffieDaze (3 weeks old)

large.IMG_5532.JPG

large.IMG_5533.JPG

'The 7' (3 weeks old)

large.IMG_5531.JPG

large.IMG_5534.JPG

I am still confident I can crop some decent smoke from these late/delayed plant outs, even if they go all the way until early November.. I'll hopefully see the first flowers 2 weeks from now, so with a dry, decent autumn, it should be fine. And the way I see it, if I get anything... it will be better than noting. It's just a shame this season has not gone as planned. Oh well. That's life I guess. There's always next year...

And the Affie Daze is letting out a pong already when up close... :yinyang:

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I have been taking a bit of a back seat in the past fortnight as I have had another issue on my end, relating to 'previous' events. I'm confident I should be okay, but trying to play it safe. I'm walking a bit of a tightrope right now. Besides that, I am trying to spend as much time with my 1 month old daughter as well, so plot visits have been few and frequent. 

Anyway, still playing catch up with this late season salvage...

Alfie Daze and The 7 (1st August germination - 4-5 weeks old)

large.IMG_5704.JPG

large.IMG_5708.JPG

large.IMG_5706.JPGlarge.IMG_5705.JPG

I can see pre-flowers, so assuming they are in flower by next week, I should be looking at an early November harvest as predicted. Can't expect any more, considering the exceptionally late start on these two. Probably the two latest plants on the forum right now...

Whitey Freeze (1st July germination - 8-9 weeks old)

large.IMG_5731.JPG

large.IMG_5736.JPG

large.IMG_5734.JPG

large.IMG_5720.JPG

large.IMG_5723.JPG

large.IMG_5717.JPG

large.IMG_5722.JPG

large.IMG_5726.JPG

large.IMG_5721.JPG

large.IMG_5718.JPG

large.IMG_5735.JPG

large.IMG_5730.JPGlarge.IMG_5729.JPG

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Whitey Freeze (23rd September : 11 weeks old : 5-6 weeks into flower)

large.IMG_5870.JPG

large.IMG_5874.JPG

large.IMG_5871.JPG

large.IMG_5872.JPG

large.IMG_5876.JPG

large.IMG_5873.JPG

large.IMG_5869.JPG

large.IMG_5868.JPG

large.IMG_5861.JPG

Lowest side branch...

large.IMG_5867.JPG

And here are the late plant out Affie Daze and The 7, which were started in August. Both plants are about 1 week into flower.

large.IMG_5933.JPG

large.IMG_5929.JPG

large.IMG_5925.JPG

large.IMG_5928.JPG

Not sure what's happened with the bend on this The 7, but it's sitting there fine still. Its actually anchored into the pot pretty firmly, but I will probably stabilise it with some string on my next visit...

large.IMG_5932.JPG

large.IMG_5931.JPGlarge.IMG_5930.JPG

Can't expect them to be any bigger than they are, giving the exceptionally late start. They have done alright IMO, considering they aren't getting much more than 5 hours direct sunlight a day. I am satisfied with the growth, considering they were germed on 1st August, and hopefully the rest of autumn will be decent, with below average rain and above average temps, especially since I will definitely be looking at a November finish with these late plant outs. Determined to get some bud off them though, which I am confident I will... :yinyang:

Edited by The Sheriff of Nottingham
  • Like 2

Whitey Freeze - (12 weeks old : 6-7 weeks into flower)

large.IMG_6074.JPG

large.IMG_6075.JPG

large.IMG_6072.JPG

large.IMG_6107.JPGlarge.IMG_6108.JPG

large.IMG_6105.JPG

large.IMG_6076.JPG

large.IMG_6110.JPG

large.IMG_6104.JPG

I have noticed a little bit of mould, as has been the case with every single plant this season. It has not been a good year for mould, very damp, overcast and cool. I reckon I'll push her another week, but can see her being ready by this time next week, so another week. Deadline for being out of this field was always set at 10th October. So I think I've got plenty of time still. 1 more week and she'll be fully cooked, I think. How long do you reckon @panik?

• Like 4

Be very carful mate iv noticed cornfields being Harvest very early this year , 4 in completely different areas , one of them being your particular county just a heads up would hate to see you lose that Lovely Whiteyfreeze aswell :unsure:

Right, I'll try to get everything out as soon as possible. I checked the corn yesterday, like peeled off a part of a cob and it is pretty much almost done, although it is not as far along as it was at this time last year. In fact it is behind on last year slightly. And last year it was chopped around 20th October if I remember correctly. I'll try to have everything out within a week, fingers crossed. I guess I'll be taking a chance, and going against the clock, just like last year. Hopefully it doesn't get harvested early before October 7th. Cheers for the heads up :yep:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, panik said:

Better safe than sorry mate , a bud in the hand is worth 2 on the bush...

Totally agree mate. Just to expand on my previous comment.... judging by my pics above, how long would you say that Whitey Freeze has left to go? I get the impression you think she is ready to get the chop, given I am in a race against time with the combine harvy lol  Cheers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, panik said:

get her down mate she will be cool about it,.. lol 

Will do mate, I'll probably go Thursday night as that's when I'm next free, which will make it a 5th Oct harvest. Well early still, considering she was only germed 1st July. So it'll pretty much be seed to harvest in 12-13 weeks. That's nuts given her size.

She's saved my season this one... nice one... :yep:

• Like 1

Get them in mate. They were harvesting the corn round my way this morning. The corn seems more mature than last year but, as I remember, we were two weeks ahead of you with the corn harvest last year.

• Like 1

Whitey Freeze (pre-chop) - 12 weeks old, 7 weeks into flower

I struggled to get any decent pictures due to the sunlight beaming down. Lots of close ups, from various angles, which did not come out because of the glare from the sun. Very frustrating. Almost impossible to pick up the THC crystals on camera because of it. I actually had to wait about 20 minutes just for the sun's arch to dip down a bit so that the pictures weren't all white and blurry. 

large.IMG_6174.JPG

large.IMG_6186.JPGlarge.IMG_6182.JPG

large.IMG_6187.JPG

large.IMG_6178.JPG

large.IMG_6179.JPG

Man coala...

large.IMG_6194.JPG

Here she is after losing her main coala and two of the side top side branches...

large.IMG_6203.JPG

Side branch nugs that are getting left for another week...

large.IMG_6200.JPGlarge.IMG_6199.JPG

Nice buds on these, but arguably the most leaf I have ever seen on a photoperiod ever. LOADS of trimming on this one. Plenty of bud on there so it's certainly not an issue, I'm very impressed with the plant, it's just a lot of bud with a lot of leaves. I was trimming for bloody ages. lol 

large.IMG_6208.JPGlarge.IMG_6206.JPG

Here is one of the boxes of Whitey Freeze. I have broken the buds in this box up quite a bit to minimise mould risk and to speed up the drying process a bit. I have legitimate reason for doing it like this, which I won't delve into...

large.IMG_6209.JPG

I'll chop the rest of the plant on the 10th of the month. The buds lower down appear to be about a week behind and still need a little bit longer. I have got the biggest and best buds in now though, so I am not too bothered about risking it for another 5-7 days...

• Like 1

Nowt wrong with them buds mate iv seen much worse,... count your lucky stars it’s not trichrome fluffy leaf on a stick lol  good job on the harvest mate better safe than sorry hey , especially with your luck. :yep: 

Edited by panik
  • Like 1