pre buit gaming pc

RandyBoBandy

Get a power supply big enough for a pair of GPU's. In two years you can pick up the same card you have now for a fraction of the price and double your processing power. 

• Like 3

Personally, I'd shell out a bit more on the cpu and add ram later if stumping up all that cash is too much for the wallet in one hit. I'd put a 7700k in that 1151 socket. :ninja: 

As has already been suggested, build it yourself. :) It's good fun and it'll be tailored to your exact needs. :geek: 

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 1

i realy have no clue here.. tho all your input is helping

i take it 850w power will have no chance of powering two cards if i chose too.. in a couple of years as greenfingers said.. looking over 1200w? so i might as well save a few quid for now and drop the power to 750w.. and upgrade that in a couple of years..

also im gonna go for intel.. i typed 7700k as saddam said and there bloody loads! and im not sure if i should be getting pre binned or not ? does it matter ?

i added a vr graphics card..   is it only the card that makes the system vr... dosnt have to be special mother board and all that ?

is everything there ? thats not my final... i just want to get a rough idear..

i didnt realy want to go to much more than 1,600 as im gonna have to get a monitor and what ever else..  i can knock it down a bit with power suply and sounds card i reckon..

large_1c.JPG

edit to add... should i just get air cooled...

Edited by RandyBoBandy

Just a tip mate, don't be putting 1500-1600's worth of equipment into a £45 tower!

Take a look at some of these builds in your price range for a few ideas 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/builds/#X=129717,160831

These are all completed builds and you can ask people questions about them, you could get some solid advice there matey

My budget would be 800 if I was to build something for myself, it's easier to work on a budget that much lower (i5 with a £200-250 gfx card that will cope with 1080/1440) than it is going on yours as there's a hell of a lot more gear in that price range and you're basically knocking on VR/4k territory.

Edited by SMEG HEAD

I think it's just GFX mainly for VR, I'm not aware of anything mobo requirements although I expect you'd want the fastest ones.

I'd be tempted to give the i7 a miss, unless you're doing computationally heavy stuff as most of the grunt work is done by the gfx these days. I think we'll only see the price of i7's drop when the i9 (or whatever lol) comes out, but they've been around at the top end for a while now and so the price has remained high, excessively so IMO (I accept that's just market forces though). Get a second hand i5 maybe? That'll save a few quid for now. Just a thought anyway, others might disagree and proclaim CPU is King!

Edited by mrrichiet
  • Like 1

I7 is really overkill, i am a keen gamer and run on a I5, i would not buy Nivdea GFX either, i would go ATI, same power half the price. I would alse agree on the case, need a good one with fans, or it gets pretty hot in there, and 750w PSU should be more than enough

• Like 3

i7 is a bit overkill unless you are wanting 4K high frame rate. 1440 resolution 140FPS(minimum) and VR is where it all seem to generally be at at the moment

I don't think there are any cases of a higher end i5 bottle-necking the GFX, I wouldn't have thought so with the new Kaby lake chipset. There are only a few titles in development (Arizona Sunshine) that are trying to max the hyperthreading on i7's but really they are just trying to push particle and weather elements.

Agree, save some money and go for i5 or Ryzen 5.

Id also save on the graphics card and upgrade to a better more VR capable card when you want to start using VR and get a headset, a mid range card, or second hand last gen will let you get ultra or at least very high settings of 99% of current games and for likely the next year or 2.

I still use an i5 2500k which is nearly 7 years old, along with a Radeon R9 380x 4gb and 8gb of cheap generic ram and can max out most games.

Edited by iBMe
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, iBMe said:

Agree, save some money and go for i5 or Ryzen 5.

Id also save on the graphics card and upgrade to a better more VR capable card when you want to start using VR and get a headset, a mid range card, or second hand last gen will let you get ultra or at least very high settings of 99% of current games and for likely the next year or 2.

I still use an i5 2500k which is nearly 7 years old, along with a Radeon R9 380x 4gb and 8gb of cheap generic ram and can max out most games.

I'd agree with this. Cheaper by a factor of about 6 if you buy second hand as well. That's your entry point and then upgrade what you need.

I'm all for buying second hand stuff from ebay etc., there are lots of people out there who must have the latest and resell their old ones so those can be picked up at great prices.

PC parts are great to buy second hand IMO because generally speaking people can't fuck around with them and the wear and tear is minimal. 

• Like 3

The CPU + Motherboard + Ram combo deals on fleabay are worth a look also.

eta: iirc overclockers.co.uk do some too that come pre assembled and overclocked.

Edited by iBMe
  • Like 1

holy shit what am i even doing....the more im looking at parts, the more im thinking about future upgrades... i feel like if im gonna be spending 1,500 fastly creeping to the 2 grand side... i best make sure i can upgrade the bastard.. im now looking at the 2066 socket for future cpu upgrades... but ive also read that the 1151 socket will be supported for at least 2 new cpu generations..  so its pretty pointless i guess..  i know i can spend half and still play up to date games... but i cant help but push the boat out a little on everything aiming for the best in my rough price bracket..

this bundle is now in my basket along side a gtx1080 and everything else... window shopping at the mo.. it will be a new basket tomorrow

bundle

• Intel Core i7 7740X CPU overclocked to 5.0GHz
  • Asus X299 TUF Mk2 Motherboard
  • Up to 32GB of 2666MHz Memory
  • High Performance CPU Cooler options.

they must love noobs like me trying to build a pc..

i will probebly stick to the 1151 socket and copy a system from the link smeg head posted as they know whats best to spend out on...

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/builds/#X=129717,160831

Edited by RandyBoBandy
  • Like 1