pre buit gaming pc

RandyBoBandy

Ive said before i was gonna get a gaming pc... ive still not done it..

i keep spunking money on shit and its about time i just bought something decent for myslef.. well half decent..

this thing is old now... only good for a blast on css or dods..  there is shit loads of games ive missed out on and need to catch up on some.. its been years since ive played games..i think the  last games i played was fallout and batman arkham asylum

not only that.. every time i go to sit on the pc.. daughter wants it for roblox.. so id like to let her have this pc for that and youtube.. plus she keeps watching mindcraft crap on youtube.. so im guessing shes gonna ask me for that soon

i realy would like to buy it all in parts.. i have a mate who said he built his rig.. and when i said about me getting mine in bits from overclockers.. he said its been years but he'll give it ago..

that didnt realy fill me with confidence... dont say for me to do it.. its easy.. cos i doubt ill ever do it..

can i get a half decent pre buit for around 15-1,600...  i dont realy know what im looking at.. if i was gonna get it in bits.. all i would have done is find a decent pc for around 2 grand.. and coppied the parts.. probebly saving a few 100

id like it to play games for at least a few years.. is that poss ?

can anyone point me in the right direction for a pre built..  that you would go for if you wasnt gonna build..

like this..

would this be decent... for a few years.. and if so what would you upgrade on it

http://www.wired2fire.co.uk/pyro-ryzen-dg-pc-advisor-review.html

• Like 1

Scan do some decent prebuilt machines but the thing that irritates me is you're paying quite a bit for labour. Building your own system isn't as finicky as it used to be and there are some excellent tutorials on youtube and you can always ask advice on compatibility issues and such.

https://www.scan.co.uk/3xs/custom/gaming#anc

if you consider building your own afterall check out

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

I'm quite happy getting my "gaming" fix from my ps4 at the moment but I need to upgrade on this old laptop and will probably build a machine next year funds willing!

Don't buy into the 4k gaming hype it costs a fair penny, would aim for something decent for 1080p or even 1440 you can achieve high frame rates on a decent budget.

Just to add, I'd go for an Intel system as AMD run hot and are power hungry, you get more bang for your buck but the Hyperthreading on Intel are what game developers are getting into.

Edited by SMEG HEAD

Just dive in and build your own, you can not go to wrong these days, most things only plug in one way around, or in one size of slot ect

• Like 5

Yea, if you know what you are doing, have done it before, then its simple enough really :)

You can build a monster for £1500.  Just make sure you get a 1080GTX graphics card, a 256GB SSD for your operating system and primary games, dont blow money on an i7 processor, get an i5 6th generation with mainboard and RAM as a bundle purchase.  I got some nice bundles from ebuyer & ebay over the last couple of decades ;)

Then look into monitors, keyboards and mice, its fun to build your own with a mates help.

• Like 6

hmm.. im now back thinking how much better the rig will be if i was to build... what with the labour cost..

cheers guys..  before i do anything silly ill post here before i buy

• Like 1

Qty   Description QuickFind  Stock Price Total 

Update 
Remove
775072-762172-80.jpg Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Turbo OC 8GB GDDR5X Graphics Card GV-N1080TTOC-8GD 762172 8 in stock £529.97 £529.97

817266-791144-80.jpg (free accessory) Gigabyte GP-FORCE H3 Headset 791144 15 in stock £0.00 £0.00

Update 
Remove
788249-766080-80.jpg Intel Core I5-7400 3.00GHZ Socket 1151 6MB Retail Boxed Processor 766080 120 in stock £166.00 £166.00

Update 
Remove
785710-769289-80.jpg Gigabyte Intel GA-B250-HD3P LGA 1151 ATX Motherboard 769289 5 in stock £86.99 £86.99

Update 
Remove
649912-695890-80.jpg Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5inch SSD 695890 > 99 in stock £86.98 £86.98

Update 
Remove
772047-736856-80.jpg Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB DDR4 2400 MT/s BLS16G4D240FSC 736856 11 in stock £117.99 £117.99

Update 
Remove
818059-758013-80.jpg Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" Hard Drive 758013 > 25 in stock £39.69 £39.69

Update 
Remove
687346-718644-80.jpg Windows 10 Home 64-bit OEM 718644 176 in stock £88.24 £88.24
Late delivery cut-off and timed delivery are unavailable for this item  
Update 
Remove
757998-751869-80.jpg Corsair Hydro Series H45 Performance Liquid CPU Cooler 751869 55 in stock £45.64 £45.64

Update 
Remove
793477-774819-80.jpg TR2 S Series 600W Power Supply 80 Plus Certified Active PFC 774819 10 in stock £47.38 £47.38
Late delivery cut-off and timed delivery are unavailable for this item  
Update 
Remove
794280-660112-80.jpg CoolerMaster Silencio 652s Black Usb3.0 Atx PC Gaming Case 660112 10 in stock £100.98 £100.98

Save as wish list

Cart Weight: 20.40Kg

Deliver My Order

£19.04   Mon 7th Aug (Next Working Day)   £15.55   Tue 8th Aug (2 Working Days)   £14.55   Wed 9th Aug (3 Working Days)   £0.00      Within 5 Working Days (FREE) 

⊕ Shipping restrictions may apply

Basket Subtotal (inc. VAT): £1309.86
  Shipping Cost: £0.00
  Total: £1309.86

I just made this setup at ebuyer.com  

Still need keyboard, mouse and monitor but everything else will see you through for a long time, some of the pieces have 2 year warranty ;)

Maybe you dont need to buy a windows 10 key as you have one already so thats a saving too !  The cooler you may not want as the processor comes with a standard fan cooler anyway - An additional saving.

Edited by Inspiration101
  • Like 1

IMO make sure it's geared up for VR as that's where the future lies. If you haven't played games for years, I don't think you're going to be that bothered as the genres are all the same and only the graphics have improved (and as you'll know from experience, graphics do not a game make!). Best to design for the future. Now stop wasting money on shit lol 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SMEG HEAD said:

Scan do some decent prebuilt machines but the thing that irritates me is you're paying quite a bit for labour. Building your own system isn't as finicky as it used to be and there are some excellent tutorials on youtube and you can always ask advice on compatibility issues and such.

Yeah, I bought a nice PC start of the year from Scan. It's a beast and their initial customer service was decent but honestly I wouldn't recommend them now. Cooler died, had to send system back. Fine things happen. Was returned with a slight performance drop which went unexplained. Small enough to be no real issue but still less than I originally paid for. Couple of issues later a fan started rattling. They agreed to replace it and have me change it myself but charged me preemptivley for the parts even though I paid up for a full length warranty. I've got 14 days to return the broken fan else I get charged for the parts. They aren't responding to my emails to return it atm. When I switched the fan out I found that they'd scrimped on screws for the radiator in top which should have 8 screws holding it up but has only 2 screwed at opposite corners to one another. They said they'd send them with the fan but never did. The build quality in general doesn't match the amazing reviews Scan has had around the web. Bearing in mind I paid them to build it and now I'm changing parts myself (potentially at my expence) and struggling with comunications I would never buy a full system like this from them again.

you sure 600w is enough with that graphics card?,its been a while since i built anything but i used to use 5-600w psu's on lower specced comps than what you specced

just fyi.

atb with the build its not hard at all, i done my first by myself its like riding a bike.

e2a:a soundcard was also a commonplace purchase for gaming last time i built,much better than onboard.(hear footsteps in css for example)

H4rdc0r3.

Edited by H4rdc0r3
  • Like 1

Yup, 500w PSU requirement.

There is financial space to buy non essential stuff like separate sound cards and more, was just doing a 15 minute build example.

Edited by Inspiration101
  • Like 3

I'd go with a 750w, I just built a system myself in march & got a 650 gold psu, wish I'd went with a 750 especially with a top cpu & top gfx.

@RandyBoBandy  that's not a bad system you listed in your op but I'd be more inclined to get the part's seperate as it isnt hard to build a pc,

it's a doddle & if you've got all your part's & a copy of w10 on usb, you'd be good to go in a few hour's plus you'd have saved money by not buying a custom built pc.

the main thing's to get is a top notch cpu, good gfx card for your need's (what resolution you'll be running it at, ie  1080p - 4k)  then you'll need a decent monitor to get the most from the gfx card,

then you need to get fast ram memory, 16gb of ddr4 3000 or ddr4 3200 will be ideal, as for getting a M2 drive for an operating system, make sure you set it up properly as I made a mistake when

setting my samsung m2 drive up & the system eventually crashed, luckily I had a spare sata drive at hand to get by but had to reload the right driver & reload window's to get it working properly.

• Like 2