Triassic Park III

The Sheriff of Nottingham

Just a quick recap of my auto grow this year... Of course I don't expect this to be involved in the grow competition or anything now...just wants to showcase some of my stuff... and I couldn't think of a decent name for the diary either lol so stuff it... it is what it is. 

Cheese XXL and Moby Dick XXL

large.IMG_4884.JPGlarge.IMG_4877.JPG

Cheese XXL (4-5 weeks old)

large.IMG_4880.JPGlarge.IMG_4879.JPGlarge.IMG_4878.JPG

Moby Dick XXL (4-5 weeks old)

large.IMG_4881.JPGlarge.IMG_4882.JPG

large.IMG_4883.JPG

Critical+ 2.0 auto (4 weeks old)

large.IMG_4892.JPGlarge.IMG_4893.JPGlarge.IMG_4894.JPG

large.IMG_4895.JPGlarge.IMG_4896.JPGlarge.IMG_4897.JPGlarge.IMG_4898.JPG

large.IMG_4899.JPGlarge.IMG_4900.JPG

:yinyang:

• Like 4

Moby Dick XXL (6-7 weeks old)

large.IMG_4977.JPG

large.IMG_4981.JPGlarge.IMG_4979.JPG

Cheese XXL (6-7 weeks old)

large.IMG_4980.JPGlarge.IMG_4982.JPG

large.IMG_4978.JPG

Critical+ 2.0 (5 week sold)

large.IMG_4986.JPGlarge.IMG_4988.JPGlarge.IMG_4989.JPGlarge.IMG_4990.JPGlarge.IMG_4992.JPGlarge.IMG_4991.JPG

large.IMG_4901.JPG

OG Kush CBD auto (1 day old)

large.IMG_4907.JPG

large.IMG_4908.JPGlarge.IMG_4902.JPG

• Like 4

XXL's

large.IMG_5051.JPG

Moby Dick XXL (8 weeks old)

large.IMG_5047.JPG

large.IMG_5048.JPG

Cheese XXL (8 weeks old)

large.IMG_5050.JPGlarge.IMG_5049.JPG

Critical+ 2.0 (7 weeks old)

large.IMG_5054.JPGlarge.IMG_5055.JPGlarge.IMG_5056.JPG

I decided to take her down for some coala close-ups...

large.IMG_5059.JPG

large.IMG_5057.JPGlarge.IMG_5058.JPGlarge.IMG_5062.JPG

large.IMG_5060.JPG

large.IMG_5061.JPG

OG Kush CBD auto (1 week old)

large.IMG_5021.JPG

large.IMG_5019.JPG

:yinyang:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, vortex said:

looking all good to me .... never seen  it grown i a hanging basket before tho !!

haha, there's a first for everything man! I just thought 'sod it'.... I'm going to bung one in a hanging basket. Turns out it's my best auto this season... and you'll see why in my next update... loving the baskets this year, just got to remember to water them every 3-5 days, ideally. But I have got away with not watering for 10 days at a time on two occasions though (during cooler/damp spells), to no detriment. The C+ 2.0 has thrived where it is...

22 minutes ago, zero said:

they look great , so is one hanging from a tree ? 

Thanks dude, yeah it's in a hanging basket which is attached to an extending branch. Unfortunately it is only getting about 4-5 hours of direct sunlight a day, could do with 10, ideally... but she's doing fine still...

7 minutes ago, zero said:

seems a bit stupid putting them in a sweetcorn field ? 

What, you mean a sweetcorn field like the one below... which is actually in the same spot... from last year...

gallery_99632_13489_39508.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_483124.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_315332.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_406521.jpeg

gallery_99632_13489_233732.jpeg

I love the cornfield man... wait until October get's here... :yinyang:

• Like 7

Following the hottest June in 50 years, and the warmest June day on record.. the following month, July, turned out to be the coldest July in 30 years and one of the wettest ever. In fact there was more rain in July than there was in March, April, May & June combined. Bloody typical. And most of the rain fell at the end of the month, just when the autos were entering the final stages of flowering. Sod's law. Crappy overcast days as well. And consequently, the plants suffered, and mould had started to set in forcing me to chop. Plants looked as good as ripe though, maybe could have done with a few more days... but none the less...

Happy with the returns on these  :bong:

Cheese XXL auto (9 weeks old)

large.IMG_5249.JPG

large.IMG_5250.JPG

Moby Dick XXL auto (9 weeks old)

Main coala

large.IMG_5251.JPG

THC encrusted side branch...

large.IMG_5255.JPG

large.IMG_5258.JPGlarge.IMG_5257.JPG

This was the last group shot of the XXL's taken a week or so before the chop...

large.IMG_5051.JPG

OG Kush CBD auto

(10 days old)

large.IMG_5085.JPG

(14 days old)

large.IMG_5146.JPG

Right, now let's get down and dirty with that Critical+ 2.0 auto in the hanging basket. This thing has done so good it is insane...

large.IMG_5265.JPG

large.IMG_5283.JPG

large.IMG_5281.JPG

large.IMG_5279.JPG

large.IMG_5280.JPG

large.IMG_5272.JPG

large.IMG_5276.JPG

large.IMG_5270.JPG

large.IMG_5277.JPG

large.IMG_5278.JPG

large.IMG_5267.JPG

large.IMG_5273.JPG

Lowest side branch...

large.IMG_5261.JPG

large.IMG_5264.JPG

Right, that's probably enough pics for now. Might have some photoperiod shots coming in the following days... got an update on the Blue Kush auto to come as well :yinyang:

@Dinafem-Mark Do you reckon the C+ 2.0 auto is ready mate, it's only around week 8... so do you reckon another 5-7 days?

• Like 6

On 2 August 2017 at 10:32 AM, zero said:

I stand corrected :) ... seems a sweetcorn field is a smart place to plant out .. 

The cornfield has it's pro's and con's mate. I wouldn't necessarily say it is a smart place to plant, as it's probably a lot better to use a secure gg spot in the middle of nowhere and get the plants out much earlier in May. With the cornfield I think there is a bit more chance of getting caught (unless your gg spot is in an obvious, bait area) and the other disadvantage is that you have to wait until July pretty much for the fields to be sprayed... this year it wasn't even sprayed though, so I was left waiting around like a muppet, playing it safe and waiting, which delayed plant out. Either way, you have to wait until July before planting in the cornfield which is a pain in the arse as well. That is why a normal gg spot is better IMO. The cornfield has it's perks though - unrivalled sunlight and very good, fertile soil. 

The main reason I put them in the cornfield, and in hanging baskets, is because I'm trying to be an eccentric bastard and do interesting yet controversial grow styles. I mean what's the point in putting in all this effort if you're not going to have a bit of fun along the way. It keeps things exciting for me. 

• Like 3

Critical+ 2.0 auto (harvested at 65 days)

large.IMG_5324.JPG

large.IMG_5325.JPG

large.IMG_5283.JPGlarge.IMG_5281.JPG

large.IMG_5336.JPG

large.IMG_5276.JPG

large.IMG_5333.JPG

large.IMG_5270.JPG

Main coala...

large.IMG_5327.JPG

large.IMG_5328.JPG

Going to let the lower buds going another 5-7 days...

large.IMG_5331.JPG

OG Kush CBD (3 weeks old)

large.IMG_5360.JPGlarge.IMG_5361.JPG

• Like 3

Firstly thank you for getting another grow diary going I know you have faced some major setbacks this year but that does not seam to have slowed you down :)

Secondly those hanging baskets do look to have done very well :yep: very cool idea and one I have not seen implemented before :) very cool tech 

And finally those auto sure have stacked on both weight and trichome production is in full effect :yep:

Thanks for the update mate I know it has been a very hard season :)

Hope it ends well and we get more updates as you visit the plots :yep:

Until then :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Right, so I am running miles behind on this diary. Apologies @Dinafem-Mark it has been a proper topsy turvy season, and I have struggled to recover from the big bust earlier on in the year. Both mentally, and physically in terms of replacing plants. So the setback has kept me a few weeks behind.

I have to start this off with the OG Kush CBD auto... she came down a while ago, so here comes quite a few pics and updates as I go through the evolution of the plant's life...

large.IMG_5431.JPGlarge.IMG_5430.JPGlarge.IMG_5429.JPG

large.IMG_5510.JPGlarge.IMG_5511.JPGlarge.IMG_5512.JPGlarge.IMG_5513.JPG

large.IMG_5709.JPGlarge.IMG_5710.JPGlarge.IMG_5711.JPGlarge.IMG_5714.JPG

large.IMG_5729.JPGlarge.IMG_5844.JPGlarge.IMG_5845.JPGlarge.IMG_5846.JPGlarge.IMG_5847.JPGlarge.IMG_5848.JPGlarge.IMG_5849.JPGlarge.IMG_5850.JPGlarge.IMG_5851.JPGlarge.IMG_5852.JPGlarge.IMG_5853.JPGlarge.IMG_5854.JPGlarge.IMG_5855.JPGlarge.IMG_5856.JPGlarge.IMG_5857.JPG

large.IMG_5859.JPG

large.IMG_5860.JPG

large.IMG_6048.JPGlarge.IMG_6049.JPG

large.IMG_6080.JPGlarge.IMG_6081.JPG

large.IMG_6082.JPGlarge.IMG_6083.JPGlarge.IMG_6084.JPGlarge.IMG_6085.JPGlarge.IMG_6086.JPGlarge.IMG_6087.JPGlarge.IMG_6088.JPGlarge.IMG_6090.JPGlarge.IMG_6092.JPGlarge.IMG_6093.JPG

Main Coala

large.IMG_6095.JPG

After the main coala was chopped...

large.IMG_6097.JPG

Gorgeous colours on this OG Kush CBD auto...

large.IMG_6205.JPG

• Like 1

Right, here is a Blue Kush auto which was in a less than favourable location, which also got minimal attention...

large.IMG_5374.JPGlarge.IMG_5373.JPG

large.IMG_5701.JPGlarge.IMG_5703.JPG

Didn't get many pics of this, but the smoke is proper top notch. It would have been a lot bigger if it was getting more than a paltry 5 hours of direct sunlight a day, and if it wasn't started in July... and if it got some attention like the other autos. Regardless, it yielded about 15 grams of nice, blueberry dominant bud. 

large.IMG_6458.JPG

And now onto the bigger gals...

As you know, I had some photoperiods out in April, but unfortunately the plot got busted before summer even arrived. The pigs nicked most of it, but a few plants were left scattered in places which they had missed, all Dinafem stuff. The other breeders' strains all got taken. I didn't actually know what was left, as I didn't go back there for 5 months, as I wanted to play it safe. I figured I would just go close to harvest in mid October as I was worried about drawing anymore unwanted attention towards the area. 

Unfortunately I left it too late. I should have came back to check earlier on in the year, or at least back in September, as all of the Dinafem plants were done and fully cooked, with some looking like they had finished weeks ago, maybe 3-4 weeks ago! :shock: Absolutely gobsmacked how early it was done, maybe because of the early start. Even the Strawberry Amnesia looked like it was ready a week ago, at least! Unfortunately a lot of that overdue bud had began to die back :wallbash:,  as you will see...

Strawberry Amnesia

large.IMG_6461.JPG

large.IMG_6460.JPG

large.IMG_6477.JPG

large.IMG_6487.JPGlarge.IMG_6485.JPGlarge.IMG_6483.JPGlarge.IMG_6481.JPG

Lowest side branch

large.IMG_6476.JPG

Main coala after the chop...

large.IMG_6510.JPG

large.IMG_6495.JPG

large.IMG_6512.JPG

large.IMG_6502.JPGlarge.IMG_6500.JPG

large.IMG_6499.JPG

large.IMG_6511.JPG

large.IMG_6499.JPG

large.IMG_6496.JPG

large.IMG_6509.JPGlarge.IMG_6508.JPGlarge.IMG_6506.JPGlarge.IMG_6503.JPG

large.IMG_6501.JPG

large.IMG_6515.JPG

large.IMG_6516.JPG

large.IMG_6522.JPG

What remained after filling my bag...

large.IMG_6520.JPG

Unfortunately the PAK was totally lost. This plant looked like it had been done perhaps a month ago, judging by the buds and leaves. The ;eaves are completely dry and crumble in your hands... I mean it must have been sitting there for ages for fuck sake! :wallbash:

large.IMG_6462.JPG

large.IMG_6474.JPG

large.IMG_6524.JPG

It was a similar fate for the Early Amnesia CBD as well. She looked like she had finished ages ago, perhaps 2-3 weeks ago at least. Possibly more. I should have been back here in September and chopped her for 1st October. Again, I am gobsmacked just how early this must have been. It must have had something to do with the excessively early plant outs...

large.IMG_6463.JPG

large.IMG_6468.JPGlarge.IMG_6464.JPG

I did manage to salvage some stuff off the lower parts of the Early Amnesia CBD which seemed a week or two behind lol 

large.IMG_6470.JPG

large.IMG_6473.JPG

large.IMG_6471.JPG

I did manage to fill a rucksack, 90% of which was Strawberry Amnesia. Another week or so and she would have resembled her sisters, a decayed mess. Given how late it has been left. That is my own doing, not the genetics, I obviously should have stayed on top of things. Just given how this season has played out, and from the bust on this site earlier on in the year... I have had to tread very carefully, and it has obviously affected this grow. 

Anyhow, at least this season wasn't a complete right-off. I have recovered my losses, to a degree. And I'm sure things could have turned out a lot worse... :yinyang:

Edited by The Sheriff of Nottingham
  • Like 2

So sad to see so many plants that were finished but got ravaged by nature :(

It sounds like this season has been really tough but on a more positive note atleast you have managed to salve some Dinafem goodies from the plot ;)

Both the pak and early amnesia CBD did finish very fast I was thinking more around now for the pak and early October for the EA  :)

Glad you managed to get some harvest mate and all being well next season will be more favourable  :)

Thank you for all the pictures and plot updates mate :yep:

All the best 

Mark..