Gorilla Haze Diary

Chester Copperpot

No worries Tigs :yep: I did wash it through but the last stuff I used I didn't and that was OK. To be honest the more I think about it the more I'm convinced it's my fault they've got like this. I think the more expensive coco does have added stuff in it like mychorrizae, but apart from that all coco is meant to inert. As mentioned these are growing plants, I'm sure I'll turn them around I've had worse :doh:

• Like 2

Good luck with it anyway mate. Sure you'll get them back on track. 

Might have to do an indoor run with the Gorilla Haze at some point, they do look nice. 

Waiting for smoke reports.. I love anything with a hazey flavour, and they're quick!! 

Nice one, 

Tigs :guitar:

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Chester Copperpot said:

I'm using coco from the pound shop. I've used similar before from home bargains and apart from it drying out a bit quicker it was fine. A little coarser than my usual canna coco but no serious issues. I had problems with the safe delivery address and I couldn't get to my local grow shop so had to try this stuff.

They just had thier first feed of 1.6 EC pH 5.5 and a dose of seaweed extract to boot. Should see a bit more green and a little less yellow in a few days me hopes.

Mate i just seen this, i was using poundland stuff at the start and had really bad lockout, as soon as i changed to atami bcuzz they bounced back literally overnight. Ive used poundland stuff for the last couple of years with no problems so im thinking its a bad batch or sumit. Id get some canna or atami for them, its a pain i know cos they probabaly arnt rooted out. What i did was wash off alot of the poundland stuff off that u just potted up with then pot them in same pot with the new coco. They will look worse before they look better, look out for new green growing tips. Foliar feed too with a and b. Check out my diary mate you will see its the same problem.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, tigseyjnr said:

Good luck with it anyway mate. Sure you'll get them back on track. 

Might have to do an indoor run with the Gorilla Haze at some point, they do look nice. 

Waiting for smoke reports.. I love anything with a hazey flavour, and they're quick!! 

Nice one, 

Your telling me they quick lol they definately not flowering like hazes 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cocopips said:

Mate i just seen this, i was using poundland stuff at the start and had really bad lockout, as soon as i changed to atami bcuzz they bounced back literally overnight.

:doh: it was you!! Ha. Searched for hours last night going through all the coco diaries I'd read over the last couple of months but skipped past yours. 

Was starting to think I'd dreamt it, or just made it up in my head!?! 

Thanks for for chipping in dude. 

@Chester Copperpot see, I'm not just a nosey, mentalist. Well, not in this instance :wacko:

Nice one, 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, tigseyjnr said:

99% sure that's the stuff everyone was using and having problems with dude! 

@Chester Copperpot

Dont mess with with your nutes or ec etc till you've changed your coco!

Nice one, 

Yes Tigs ur right with this. People who got it from the pound shop had problems with it. One guy actually changed from da coco to soil but again I forget lollollol .

If you hear from @MMG  let me know as I have noticed he hasn't been around 4 a while & he was so active on here with a great sense of humour. Hope his ok.

• Like 1

I'll have to try and get some better coco. It'll be a ball ache as no transport and safe addy a no go at the moment. Might try flushing them through first but if this happens to be a deficiency then anything good I'm putting in would be a waste :unsure:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tigseyjnr said:

:doh: it was you!! Ha. Searched for hours last night going through all the coco diaries I'd read over the last couple of months but skipped past yours. 

Was starting to think I'd dreamt it, or just made it up in my head!?! 

Thanks for for chipping in dude. 

@Chester Copperpot see, I'm not just a nosey, mentalist. Well, not in this instance :wacko:

Nice one, 

How rude skipping my diary lol only joking bro and anything to help a fellow grower, im 99% certain its the same thing, they respond better at 5.5ph. Hope you get it sorted @Chester Copperpot 

• Like 3

Done a test today EC and pH, in and out.

EC in 1.7 EC out 1.8

pH in 6 pH out 7 - 8.

This was done on the worst looking plant, can't comment on weather its looking better than before as I'm naturally inclined to say yes! But its reaching up and all the rest of it, only thing is its pale.

The run off is still very dark from the coco despite having a good wash through before use, but this testing don't seem too far off the mark to me... I don't know though I could be missing something. Going to get some new coco anyways but what do you guys think about these readings? :unsure:

Edited by Chester Copperpot

Yea definately go in at 5.5 for a good few feeds with lots of runoff. 

1.7 is a bit high imo but i dnt know your background etc, i feed at 1ml per liter which is around 1.0ec and work up to 1.5ml per liter. 

Id definately go in at 5.5 tho, when they start feeding the ph should rise up getting a nice swing through the range.

5.5 in, 5.8 out, then a few at 5.8 in, 6.2 out, the ec will fall and the ph rise. 

When it gets hot the water can evaporate more and plants transpire more causing ec to rise, when this happens just give them more of the same feed/water pump it through them, like steroids lol

• Like 3

Nice one cocopips :yep: I got some new coco and they are all repotted into that. I went for the ugro stuff as it's easier to carry. Its in a big block but it comes pre washed, pH buffered, and its got some goodies in there too for the roots. All in all sounds like a better quality of coco block, for 15 quid it should be.

Plants were watered in with low EC feed with a touch of seaweed, they also got sprayed with seaweed on the leaves as well. Will see how this goes now. Hopefully they will be on the up :sweaty: There were signs of new roots but on tge whole they havent grown since they were potted up from the small pots. I used some mycorr max as well, which I just thought incidentally I got pale looking leaves last time I used it... It couldn't be that, could it? They weren't as bad as this and the grow turned out ok...