Gorilla Haze Diary

Chester Copperpot

Thanks to Panik I have these plants up and running. Not had a bad start, but not the best either. They're doing OK. Out of 12 seeds they all cracked and this is six of the best selected to grow in the tent in coco. They're under a 250w at the moment until there ready to pot on into 10ltr pots where I'll up the light wattage, this is gonna depend on the heat as its bloody hot round ere now :sweaty:

large.rps20170623_121613.jpglarge.rps20170623_121636.jpg

They should be ready for potting on within the week but will see how it goes :yep:

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Been a while since I updated this, it's been a nightmare. The heat has stopped me having anything hotter that a 250 watt but at a risk I've managed to keep temps from going too far over 30°C with 2 x 400 watts in cool tubes. These were potted up 3 days ago in 10 litre finals. I never had this before but a couple of them have leaves that are really light green with dark green veins through them. I hope its to do with the heat and not a nutrient problem. A bit of light burn would make sense as they got a bit close to a bare bulb but I think its gone a bit further down the plant as well :unsure: Been feeding them on 1.2 EC and I'm waiting on a pH test kit to arrive. Have a look tell me what you think and any advice is appreciated. I stick to indica and indica dom hybrids, only ever dipped my toe into hazes with a Nevil's years back and that didn't go perfectly lol 

large.rps20170708_201740.jpglarge.rps20170708_201811.jpglarge.rps20170708_201838.jpglarge.rps20170708_201858.jpg

They're getting a bit big now so as soon as they fill out with some super cropping they'll get flipped to 12/12. I don't think I can risk waiting till they've fully rooted out otherwise it'll be uncontrollable in there!

• Like 2

hey buddy,

Firstly if it was light burn it wouldn't spread to lower leaves,if it was burn that far down your canopy would be cremated also the patterning on the top fans doesn't look burnt as there are no actual burnt bits so I think you have issues elsewhere I'm afraid.

I mean no offence and it's 100% your call but why throw away 6 living seedlings when you have plenty of space? and im not sure if you've thought of it but all the space around your plants is where your light will be going to waste,if they germinate why not grow them but keep them well trained or just pop 6 at a time so you can get 2 grows out of what panik sent you it's just money/genetics/smoke down the drain.

Again no offence intended it just seems crazy to me and if they pop they deserve a chance of life. 

• Like 2

Hi Badbadger, yes I think I'll up the feed a bit and see if that makes any improvement, it could be they aren't getting fed enough but I've been careful, or over careful not to over do that.

I just popped them all to get enough for the tent. In hindsight I should've only put the 6 in, as you say it is a waste. I had 2 in pots outside but I'm sorry to say that the rest all had to go including the 2 in pots. I'm uncomfortable with growing any more than 6 at a time and there's been issues with the Mrs. Yeah I should've just done 6 but was unsure on what kind of germ rate I'd get. It all went a bit tits up on this side mate but its getting back on course.

Maybe another couple of weeks and these will be OK to flip, I'll see how it goes with a stronger feed.

• Like 1

@Chester Copperpot looks like nitrogen deficiency to me mate

Symptoms: Spindly yellow plants or yellow leaves, sometimes with pink tints. Cause: Nitrogen promotes green, leafy growth and deficiency results in yellowing and stunted growth.

Edited by uberowl
Add quoted text
  • Like 2

I wud up da feed mate. Looking fine otherwise. U will sort it. They just look hungery. Its a growing plant so it needs more food etc as it grows :yep:.

• Like 1

Wood defo take the ec 1.6 in coco in veg give them afew days to settle down in there home and there be fine wood also wait to theyve got there roots down before flipping 

• Like 2

You in coco bro? My money is on ph being too high or too low, i had the same problem at start with the hazes, mine seem happy at 5.5, you could foliar feed them till you find out the problem. 

• Like 2

Im just going to add that putting more feed in wont help if ph aint right, just makes shit worse. They look hungry due to a lockout

• Like 2

On 07/09/2017 at 7:19 AM, uberowl said:

@Chester Copperpot looks like nitrogen deficiency to me mate

Symptoms: Spindly yellow plants or yellow leaves, sometimes with pink tints. Cause: Nitrogen promotes green, leafy growth and deficiency results in yellowing and stunted growth.

I thought it could've been this so I'll up the dosage a bit :yep:

On 07/09/2017 at 9:16 AM, Irishgirl said:

I wud up da feed mate. Looking fine otherwise. U will sort it. They just look hungery. Its a growing plant so it needs more food etc as it grows :yep:.

They've been kept in small pots for a while under a 250 and fed only once a day so the coco was bone dry come feed time :unsure: Maybe now they're in bigger pots with as stronger feed they'll perk up :) 

19 hours ago, Ruster said:

Wood defo take the ec 1.6 in coco in veg give them afew days to settle down in there home and there be fine wood also wait to theyve got there roots down before flipping 

OK I'll try them on 1.6 then and see how they go, I got some seaweed extract to use but unsure on weather this would be better in the feed or as a foliar spray :unsure: 

18 hours ago, cocopips said:

You in coco bro? My money is on ph being too high or too low, i had the same problem at start with the hazes, mine seem happy at 5.5, you could foliar feed them till you find out the problem. 

18 hours ago, cocopips said:

Im just going to add that putting more feed in wont help if ph aint right, just makes shit worse. They look hungry due to a lockout

Yes mate in coco. I've got a couple of pH test kits now so I'll get it at 5.5 :yep:

What you think to foliar feeding seaweed extract in the heat? Or on the roots? I got some so may as well use it.

• Like 3

What coco are u using mate? @Chester Copperpot

Read a few diaries where people were having issues and as soon as they changed the coco the problems ceased. 

Sure @MMG was one of them but he hasn't been online for a bit (hope you're ok dude)

I'll have a look later and try and drop you a link. 

Nice one, 

Tigs :guitar:

Edited by tigseyjnr
To add @
  • Like 2

I'm using coco from the pound shop. I've used similar before from home bargains and apart from it drying out a bit quicker it was fine. A little coarser than my usual canna coco but no serious issues. I had problems with the safe delivery address and I couldn't get to my local grow shop so had to try this stuff.

They just had thier first feed of 1.6 EC pH 5.5 and a dose of seaweed extract to boot. Should see a bit more green and a little less yellow in a few days me hopes.

Edited by Chester Copperpot
  • Like 3

99% sure that's the stuff everyone was using and having problems with dude! 

@Chester Copperpot

Dont mess with with your nutes or ec etc till you've changed your coco!

Nice one, 

Edited by tigseyjnr
  • Like 2

Can't find the diaries to link you to mate, sorry. 

My memory is crap but i'm sure it was pound land coco (that they had used befor with no problems) causing lock outs, and once changed the plants were OK. 

If  you havn't or can't get more, try washing it first?

Gotta be honest I've never even grown in coco, but spent a long time reading up on it as I was going to try it out.

Ended up sticking with compost as I know where I am with it. 

Nice one, 

• Like 1