VaporGenie Classic (wood), "Classic"-look Aluminium and Bronze Sherlock

Egzoset

Salutations,

It's been a long while and i didn't even post one 2020 edition so far, partly because the CoViD-19 crisis practically cut all access to my usual workspace, tools and associated resources - not to mention i'm no longer in a favorable situation for such DiY activity anyway...  Nonetheless i keep hoping my next implementation(s) can stick to the manufacturer's original Classic spherical theme as much as possible, using either 1½" or 1¾" (dia.) aluminium rods in order to get a sufficiently rounded shape as this:

large.5e425785edb5a_Slim(1_5in.)Large(1_75in.)AluRodsasFull-MetalVGTops400x320.PNG

Here's a fist trio of preliminary work aiming for 23 mm tall/deep Full-Metal spheres once finished:

large.5e738a7d414fc_SlimFull-MetalCust.VGTopsbyEgzoset(2020-Mar-17)400x360.PNG

Next that's how my LAVACapsule is going to look like, except the assembly as shown below is somewhat longer than the 23mm i had in mind:

large.5eaef9b6d2066_Full-MetalReversibleLAVACapsule2020ProposalbyEgzoset480x360.PNG

It's made of two 1¼" (dia.) sections of aluminium rod, present total assy. length is ~6 cm and it weights ~100 g, which is a minimalist version in terms of diameter.  As intended the larger spheres would have metal optionally removed (inside where it's non-critical) to adjust total weight if necessary.  A full-length Monobloc with Direct On-Top Twin-Cut PinHole weights ~7.4 g, or ~14.8 g for a symetric pair, while the mid-section ferro-magnetic Bowl-Ring adds 10.6 g:  e.g. slightly less than 27 g for the entire magnetic circuit if we include two 0.75 g susceptors.  Considering the Monoblocs are only weakly attracted by a magnet this could mean less than 25 % of the capsule's weight is magnetic and as little as 1 ~ 2 % of such mass would actually correspond to the susceptor itself:

large.5d30f1c7ebd03_EgzosetsCust.VGPipe-SusceptortoFluxConcentratorMassRatio(2019-Jul-18)300x300.PNG

Perhaps made of Stainless Steel 430, both for its food-safe and magnetic properties.

The goal is to target both susceptors via "Spot-Heating", by exploiting the weight difference in metals to inject energy where it's needed most, so the large aluminium mass protects finger skin at all times to begin with.

Flux concentrators are expected to prove useful in carrying the IH field deep inside the 2 tops, near their respective 17-Holes Metal Discs or sucseptors, with the Bowl-Ring completing this magnetic circuit in the middle.

Back in 2010 my intention was to reshape the flat coil of a ready-made 3rd-party IH driver to better suit my LAVA layout:

large.5d4842e2710b9_SaltonIHCooktopCoilofSaltoniD-1081640x480.PNG

That task alone feels challenging enough and i still got to find SS430 sheet pieces of alloy or similar that can be used to create the discs in my Hybrid Cores.

So i must admit my plate is full, while the rewards promise so much i can't give up all hopes, mainly the eventual inclusion of Inlet Water, but not only:  a switch to Induction Heat would likely give access to better-defined "bursting" than "Plan-B" where application ranges overlap and result in approximations insead.

Overall my LAVA "trilogy" describes as follows:  1 pipe supports "Plan-B", 2 pipes support both "Plan-A" and "Plan-B" variations (depending on configuration).  In other words it would improve economic accessibility by allowing setups to be built as steps, though these considerations don't concern me directly:  it's for VaporGenie to decide, but yet i wish my proposals stimulated some reader apetites, especially DiY ones.

Good day, have fun!!  :sorry:

Edited by Egzoset