VaporGenie Classic (wood), "Classic"-look Aluminium and Bronze Sherlock

Egzoset

Fuck my old boots, I turn my back for a month or ... well OK, a year or so, and a whole new breed of crazy arrives!

Think I might go Vegan

• Like 7

Only just noticed this thread lol. C'mon vapfire, I've red the whole thred. You know, according to statistics, you're more likely to have an accident doing that shit don't you?

17 hours ago, Conspiranought said:

C'mon vapfire, I've red the whole thred. You know, according to statistics, you're more likely to have an accident doing that shit don't you?

he can't hear you, he's blocked everybody lol

• Like 3

Hey @arnoldlayne

Hope you're doing well , good to see you about the place again

Edited by ramblingmadman
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Arnold Layne said:

Think I might go Vegan

Hey Arnie, hope you're well buddy, if you're thinking of a healthy diet , go for a Nutribullet...brilliant piece of kit...

bought one about a month ago and it get's hammered every day, plenty of fresh fruit and veg...:yep:

Not sure if you're aware of the " Wahl Protocol " ...worth a google.. @Al Swearengen...put me on to it to help with the mrs' MS...interesting stuff

Good to see ya mate

atb

stu  :oldtoker:

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/02/2019 at 7:47 PM, stu914 said:

Hey Arnie, hope you're well buddy, if you're thinking of a healthy diet , go for a Nutribullet...brilliant piece of kit...

bought one about a month ago and it get's hammered every day, plenty of fresh fruit and veg...:yep:

Not sure if you're aware of the " Wahl Protocol " ...worth a google.. @Al Swearengen...put me on to it to help with the mrs' MS...interesting stuff

Good to see ya mate

atb

stu  :oldtoker:

'Ey up, fella! Fair to middling. Thanks for the input, note taken, research will be done. Thanks. Currently enjoying some rather fine Cali weed and some Choco-Mint. Both rather bloody more-ish!

• Like 2

On 03/02/2019 at 7:35 PM, ramblingmadman said:

Hey @arnoldlayne

Hope you're doing well , good to see you about the place again

Cheers mate, see above. Yeah, I'm still hangin' around. Like a stale fart :rofl: Its been an eye opener not growing after all those years (around 20 non stop). Whole new way of scoring weed. Got it figured finally. But, Shhhhh, Listen, don't say a fuckn' word..... but I have a cunning plan! Nod Nod, Wink Wink ;) Might fly, might not. But I'm not ready for retirement from screwing this law just yet. Got several turns left!

• Like 3

Salutations legit VaporGenie pipe owners (...),

On 2/3/2019 at 2:15 PM, Joolz said:

...he's blocked everybody...

Indeed that's one civilized response to uncivilized abuse.  :bag:

Meanwhile a years-long potent intuition has been validated and consistently confirmed at last, so lets have it quick in diaporama!

:smug:

Actually it was prompted by yet another intuition which caused me to switch to aluminium or brass tops, depending on the handle model.  For example:

large.5c5f3098482c5_Egzosets8thAnniversaryEdition-WorkinProgress(2019-Feb-6)480x450.PNG

The top row shows a 1¼" (dia.) brass section (left) besides "O-Rings" matched to the MonoBloc (right).  The next row is about a "hand" intended to allow convenient (stable) axial rotation while implementing a plastic-metal Mating Junction, it may even suggest an optional 1-hand setup for those who may require it, for even further inclusivity!

Anyway eventual participants must be prepared to perform real man work though, e.g. "all-thumbs" should abstain...

large.5c5f311accd2b_BrassTopforEgzosetsCust.VGBronzeSherlock(2019-Feb-6)400x300.PNG

The others can proceed in full confidence about the rewards.  :thumsup:

large.5c5f319b677df_EgzosetsCust.VGBronzeSherlock-8thAn_Ed.(2019-Feb-9)300x480.PNG

Honestly, if i had felt just a tad more challenging i might just as well install some push-button to actuate this relocated Main PinHole with my thumb above, through the neck, euh...  Anyone can see it??

Or care to check this informative snapshot instead, it's easier as that's a permanent Main PinHole, finally relocated.  Its tiny 1.0 ~ 1.2 (max.) trench looks like a flat rectangular aperture cut into the Screw Base annular disc that mates with a bowl:  once in place a confined channel is formed which directly injects minute amounts of Fresh Air right past an Hybrid Core's "Top-of-Bowl Brass Screen" (e.g. beyond the SiC wrap)...

large.5c6257cb370cd_EgzosetsPermanentMonoBlocPinHole(s)(2019-Feb-11)640x300.PNG

Consequently this strongly supports a natural conclusion, that there's room within a LAVACapsule itself for such sturdy/reliable (KISS-type) mechanical "analog" adjustment similar to those:

large.5c64223214793_EgzosetsLavaBi-EnergycompatibleCapsule-SlidingControl(basedonCust.VGpipe2016-Oct-14).GIF

https:// s18.postimg.cc/7j7y5zx0p/Egzoset_s_Lava_Bi-_Energy_compatible_Capsule_-_Sliding_Control_b.gif ]

large.5c642d0c3c1f1_EgzosetsLAVABi-EnergyCapsule(2017-May-26)400x400.PNG

[ https:// i.postimg.cc/d01dX9rH/Egzoset-s-LAVA-Bi-Energy-Capsule-2017-May-26-400x400.png ]

Notice on my 2nd drawing P1/P2 are partly controlled at the LAVAWand interface/mixing site (not shown).  In any case it's now conceivable to submit heat vectors to a 90 ° change of direction, in exchange for yet more additional bonus like further improved "conservation", etc.

The sky is the limit, with nothing but fun to be shared - no strings attached...  Use [ IGNORE ] function generously to remove troll noise.

Good day, have fun!!  :hippy:

Edited by Egzoset

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

When dealing with the Classic (wood) VaporGenie pipe there's an opportunity to split its internal On-Top Core-PinHole path as 2 halves, one horizontal (left) and one vertical (right):

large.5c775958576b6_EgzosetsCore-PinHoleforCust.VGClassicpipe300x300.PNGlarge.5c775956cb373_Core-PinHoleviaVGMonoblocScrew-BaseONLY(2019-Feb-27)300x300.PNG

DO NOT CUT the Monobloc's annular feature, simply leave marks to ease alignment instead.

Wood tops can be tricky to reconfigure, full-metal ones made of aluminium feel just as light while i find this effectively protects against burns in "Micro-bursting" (or pulse-heating) mode:

large.5c76cb67de08f_Lapipe100piastresdEgzo(2019-Feb-27)640x480.PNG

With some more brain storming it's even possible to come to the conclusion that a permanent Core-PinHole can be adapted for manual control by the thumb, via linking of the "Auxiliary PinHole" conduit to a co-axial one established around a Bowl's base using secondary containment (from some soft "skin" feature closing the space between the Top and Handle, for example)...

All it takes is a determination to match imagination.

Edited by Egzoset

• 3 weeks later...

Salutations,

MAJOR UPDATE!

large.5c92a1ddcff61_Itsbeendonebefore500x640.PNG

https:// i.postimg.cc/8z5ZBwwR/Egzoset-s-6th-Year-Edition-of-Cust-VG-Pipe-Gi-F-Anim-2019-Mar.gif ]

:oldtoker:

Previously i always felt necessary to rework my VaporGenie core (and more...) simply in order to manage operating it without a risk of combustion accidents, no more since last week:

large.5c86ee20bfc3c_Egzosets6thYearEditionofCust.VGPipe(2019-Mar-11)400x300.PNG

Actually a Core-PinHole (à la VapMan) was high priority on my to-do hobby list, but there were more pressing concerns like to stabilize my Hybrid Core reconfigurations around a "Sweet Spot", which i have for a while now.  The thing is i experienced some beneficial experimentation error last week which caused me to realize i no longer need an Hybrid Core to operate my VaporGenie in presence of such On-Top Core-PinHole precisely, and this even works with the Bronze Sherlock actually, which implies having gained access to 2-fingers (multi-level) MANUAL PinHole control (!!):

large.5c8efbf995c03_Egzosets6thYearEd.ofCust.VGPipegotOn-TopCore-PH!(2019-Mar-17)400x400.PNG:

In a few words the ritual dynamics favorably shifted as future experiments shall prove even more basic and accessible to implement:  a drill will do fine.

Consequently i'm constantly dreaming of a day when inventor Dan Steinberg is ready for full-metal tops, instead of wood.  Doing this directly addresses purist concerns by radically limitting exposure to potential butane-related contaminants from yellow flames, because metal tops still protect finger skin while allowing cleaner-burning BLUE butane flames - which equally paves the way to Pulse-Heating which itself greatly contributes to a reduction of parasitic energy losses, etc.  In other terms full-metal tops are compatible with multiple-flame blue butane torches and that's most desirable for enhanced power "Micro-Bursting", the promise being efficient aroma/taste broad-spectrum appreciation.  Etc., etc.

Who can afford not to play with that?  I got to wonder as it's going to have consequences spanning over months, years, maybe even decades...  Then someday, boom!  All this time, efforts and money wasted over mirages.  My genuine pity goes to Hot Dry Air Ovenizing adorators who can't imagine there's more to explore in the universe.

:bag:

Not to mention it's only work-in-progress:

large.5c87e9fe72b2b_Egzosets6thYearDuoofCust.VGPipes(2019-Mar-7)985x400.PNG

Imagine when i get so bored i must switch to the DeLuxe part of "Plan-A", the one based on Inlet Water combined to Curie-effect "Packetization" combined to Induction Heat driving...  Gee, somehow i can only wish VaporGenie won't be too long to take over.

Edited by Egzoset
  • Like 1

Salutations Hash72,

16 minutes ago, hash72 said:

is it self ignition

My Hybrid Core "LAVA" concept is "Bi-Energy", "Plan-A" effectively integrates "self-ignition", which i often refered to as IH-driven "power injection" instead.  The late proposal to only implement my On-Top Core-PinHole feature WITHOUT a Hybrid Core then automatically excludes provisions for such future function i'm afraid to admit - which only VaporGenie aka Dan Steinberg can evaluate/correct and eventually commercialize - as this company is the sole legal owner of a registered patent protecting their intellectual property - valid until around 2023 as i recall...

After that who knows?  Though i never favoured cheap clones anyway!!

:thumbdown:

So if you've ever tried a VG pipe and returned it because of your limited operator skills then here's your luck:  i'll spare you a dozen iterations causing as many pipes to be given away or destroyed in the process, plus the unpaid "hobby" hours, plus the rest which is already brilliantly illustrated in previous expert "contributions"...

All it take is a hole, imagine!  How hard will it prove to ignore?...  :wassnnme:

Explanations for my recent findings??  It may be related to removing air tension i figure.

Edited by Egzoset
  • Like 2

don't know about the tec stuff but my vape needs turning on and off but it very simple, sure gets into my body and soul. love one with self ignition though be real cool

• Like 1

Hi again Hash72,

Constructive dialog is most welcome.  :realcool:

Yes, simplicity is a virtue and i happen to value KISS design myself!  But this is the real world so i wonder what's over-complicated about using a pipe?

large.5b7c86e4833c2_EgzosetsCustomizedVGPipes-Summer2018Slogan400x200.PNG

M'well, besides butane i expect.  Then play fair and consider all of the unspoken trade-offs!  Which i had an opportunity to comment earlier today, hence a linked post is on its way via PM...  Not to mention your point is about a product while i'm simply exploiting one as a fairly DUPLICABLE "Prototyping Platform" intended to support conceptual DiY arguments instead of ready-made commercially-available items.

Edited by Egzoset

• 4 months later...

Salutations,

Almost each time after i proceed to reconfigurations there's a period of adaptation required to gain sufficient perspective in order to decide what to drop vs what to try next.  A dozen iterations felt necessary just to get satisfied with layout ratios in my Hybrid Core, which seemed to stabilize near Halloween 2017.  Then my idea of a Core PinHole (born around March 2016...) resurfaced in December last year, once i started to experiment with Full-Metal Tops.  All of those delays accumulated because i had to develop new perceptions while learning appropriate skills, that's why being alone it required years literally.  So, at this point if i look back then some conclusions finally emerge which weren't expected initially;  for example my order of priorities associated to the different features.

Lets face it, the Core PinHole item could have made this venture much shorter as it turns out i can now manage to operate the VG pipe without even modifying its core at all.  Though if i had done so this early then i wouldn't have benefited from the other transformations which i figure would have been even more difficult to fine-tune in presence of that core PinHole function that ranks #1 on my to-do list today.  The whole process may sound paradoxal but it's relatively simple, on the contrary:  weak spots are easier to identify and focus on...  In other words i exploited each limitation like an antenna that worked similar to a probe, capable of guiding me forward;  some early Core PinHole success would have spared me the need to move the Core closer to its workload after splitting it into a Hybrid Core for starters, which in turn was the seed of a rational Bi-Energy concept with plenty of promisses yet to be explored.  One trade-off being that a dozen pipes had to be transformed (many were even destroyed!) before i could sort the ideas in order of priority.

Initially my intent was to propose an affordable vaporizer that doesn't require olympian lungs & skills, one the owner could easily adapt without having to face the same frustrations as i have.  Each time i thought an ultimate configuration was found it turned out more ideas popped out eventually, so i may be better advised to give those claims a somewhat more modest tone until at least it's been DUPLICATED & PEER REVIEWED, because nobody is omnipotent (and yet 1st-person experience is paramount)...

If i were to recommend a course of action today then i'd put forward ease of implementation with my Core PinHole right on top:

large.5c7f58ae398b2_InternalCore-PinHolePathforEgzosetsCust.VGPipe(2019-Mar-5)400x400.PNG

Forget more complex (internal) cut 'n drill scenarios as illustrated above, though a simple cut attacking the Monobloc's flange by its edge will suffice:

large.5cb35bc59f40d_EgzosetsCust.VGTopwithDual-PathManualOn-TopPinHole(2019-Apr-11)400x400.PNG

That's not exactly equivalent to creating a direct PH path conneted to the core but i found that was OKay and would even support VG's conventional SiC pellet without a need to plit in halves nor add a 17-Holes Metal Disc inbetween to form a sandwich struture.  This setup results in a split (2-paths) PinHole channel with half of it permanent, while leaving the option to perform an On-Top finger-resting site as illustrated below:

large.5c8efbf995c03_Egzosets6thYearEd.ofCust.VGPipegotOn-TopCore-PH!(2019-Mar-17)400x400.PNG

Ignore the non-cut Screw-Base which was drilled instead, the important point here is that a Bronze Sherlock offers the most straightforward route to a 2-Fingers PinHole configuration which garantees quick learning + success:

large.5cbf5ccc8358f_EgzosetsCust.VGPipe2-FingersManualPHCtrl.(2019-Apr-17)480x300.PNG

With an option to seal the mating juction with an O-Ring in order to maximize the level of control, though i found even in presence of a permanent leak it still allowed the generation of enough turbulence (via pumping action) to promote proper airflow movement, with an auxiliary Pinhole simply drilled under the neck (visible here):

large.5a8bdb537086f_EgzosetsCust.VGPipe-CottonreclaiminMatingJunction(2018-Feb-14)550x480.PNG

Except the owner doesn't actually have to cut that neck and even less solder a mating junction component on it.  As sold the Bronze Sherlock will support a customized wood Sphere as suggested above, it won't reach "Micro-Bursting" performance as i seek but that's certainly a lot more inclusive considering the major shift of dynamics caused by injection of a tiny amount of fresh air directly above its cannabic bowl.

In conclusion, if a person fails to operate it the same way i once did then a simple few modifications shall render it more friendly even to asthmatics!  The range of control gained from such basic customization doesn't equal that of a full-blown version with all the bells & whistles but i'm quite confident it can open the door to an acquisition of wider background with Inlet Water as part of the big picture.  Then once convinced of the benefit one may still want to go further with IH-driven butane-free solutions replacing clean-burning butane with distilled water (or maybe e-Liquid?) IMO.

Hoping today's proposal has inspired a few!  :B):

Good day, have fun!!  :sorry:

Edited by Egzoset
Read-proofing.
  • Like 1