Fire 99 indoors by Widowman

widowman11

Hi everyone and welcome to my RGSC Fire 99 grow. I know a lot of you guys are growing out these strains donated from @panik and I wish everyone the best of luck with your grow, be it indoor or out. I'm sure all you guriellas are praying for some rain with dry spell we're having.

large.20170505_203542-1701x3024.jpg

First off I'll explain my methods, I hand water in 100% coco, I use the growers ark nutrient range for soft water. I flower under a 600w hps and veg under either a 150wcfl or a 2x55w t5 wing in a diy cab pictured below.

large.20170510_225215(0)-1134x2016.jpg

Ok so I have to admit I am a little late at starting the diary since germination due to work commitments but I do have pics to bring us up to date.

On the 5th may (6 days ago) I used root riot cubes for the first time and quite successfully too! I popped the 7 beans straight into the damp root riots, as they came out of a ziplock type bag that keeps  them moist. I put them about 3-5mm in the hole then put a few small pieces over the bean. I then put literally 5-6 drops of liquid sea weed @1ml/litre. I put them in a propagator in the dark for 1 night and by the next morning I could see they had germinated, all 7 of them so I turned on the 110w t5.

this is them on the 7th may with all seedlings coming up

large.20170507_192917-1701x3024.jpg

I put all the rr cubes in a little pot with some coco at the bottom with some sea weed this protects the tap root until potted up.

here we are below pictured on the 8th of may when they were getting potted up into their starter pots. They were potted up into coco soaked in 2.5 ml/l root tonic and 1ml/l first feed a b at an ec of o.4 my tap water is 0.1-2

large.20170508_195151-1701x3024.jpg

I'll try and get an update later on tonight to show progress in last 3 days.

Thanks for lookin everyone hope you enjoy.

• Like 10

Thanks a lot guys

@Greenman101 welcome along buddy.... @Irishgirl I've been keepin an eye on your and @MMGs grow diaries keep up the good work guys and welcome along.

@panik yeah 100% success rate with the germination but those are some vigorous beans I didn't even pre soak them!!

• Like 3

large.20170511_204552-1134x2016.jpg

So so this is the latest update taken today, i put little wire supports up so they dont get blown over in the wind. All looking healthy although there is 1 little runt and one that seemed to have deformed cotyledons but has got true leaves coming through.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, panik said:

Yup Gorilla Haze are vigorous alright mate 100% on that one..

You mean Fire 99 buddy

e2a both prob vigorous 

Edited by widowman11
  • Like 3

Nice little update @widowman11 :yep:. I like da idea of those supportive wires. I used a couple of goose feathers da other day lol but it did da trick, wot ever works :yep:.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Irishgirl said:

Nice little update @widowman11 :yep:. I like da idea of those supportive wires. I used a couple of goose feathers da other day lol but it did da trick, wot ever works :yep:.

Your right Irishgirl it ain't stupid if it works. I tend to relax a bit when they're strong enough to support themselves. I bought a 50m roll of that green wire from a car boot sale for a quid and I've been using it for ages and seems like they're loads left. When it runs out ill definitely look for more.

• Like 4

Little update of my from today, I'm calling this day 8 from seed. They seem to be growing well apart from the tiny runt , I may have damaged the taproot on this one.

Theyre currently under a mix of hps and t5 for 20/4... I put them under my 600 for a few hours everyday...saves a bit on leccy as I can turn the t5s off cause there's room in my flower area. 

Still on 0.4ec and I haven't even bothered to check the ph as the soft water nutes work so well.

large.20170515_191642-1134x2016.jpglarge.20170515_191553-1134x2016.jpg

thanks for looking guys

• Like 5

Thanks @panik , yeah mate I'm expecting them to really take off over the next few weeks....I'm still undecided about whether to pot up or straight to finals... think I'm probably going to finish in 6.5l pots..

• Like 3