Jim's Dinafem No Till Adventure

Jimmyarm

On 2017-5-9 at 7:35 PM, Jimmyarm said:

Thanks Guys :)

I was hoping you would post that video @Dinafem-Mark, that was part of my inspiration :thumsup:

If you want more inspiration mate check out "mendo dope" these boys do notill on a huge scale and also know there stuff :yep:

I did post a no till video in the 2017 outdoor grow thread competition section :yep: here you go mate might be worth a look :)

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 6

@Dinafem-Mark

Thanks for the offer mate, I need to get some other bits too so will be ordering some at the end of the month anyway :)

I still have 3 (including the one I put in yesterday) seeds left of the ABK so I will keep going until one pops and then cry for help if they all fail lol

I watched that video the other day, I try and watch their stuff but find it a bit hard work sometimes for some reason. They grow some flipping monsters though !

:hippy:

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Jimmyarm said:

@Dinafem-Mark

Thanks for the offer mate, I need to get some other bits too so will be ordering some at the end of the month anyway :)

I still have 3 (including the one I put in yesterday) seeds left of the ABK so I will keep going until one pops and then cry for help if they all fail lol

I watched that video the other day, I try and watch their stuff but find it a bit hard work sometimes for some reason. They grow some flipping monsters though !

No problem what so mate :) let me know how you go with the ABK germination as the next one should pop if not i,ll see what I can do :yep:

All the best

Mark.. 

• Like 3

@bobnudd Thanks for popping in, funnily enough I have a bottle of Vitalink calmag that I bought the for the last grow thinking that was the issue (and I am 99% sure now it wasn't) lol

In other news, I think we are onto a winner. The new seed has popped and has a good healthy looking 1cm of root poking out :thumsup:

I was going to take a picture but I just smoked all the 'kief' or whatever it is called at the bottom of my grinder from the last ABK and I am fucked up :smokin:lol 

Peace !

• Like 5

Day 6

Amended the day so it starts from last Monday when I got the second seed wet.

We have leaves !

She is in a little pot of Jacks Magic sat on top of the main fabric pot, once she has a nice little root ball in a week or so I'll move her into the fabric pot and let her take off, or die horribly lol

large.Auto-Blue-Kush-first-leaves.jpg

• Like 9

Mini update, finally installed the Blumats :)

Have gone for 2 probes, each probe feeds into a continuous loop that feeds 4 drippers. That way if there is a blockage on the thin drip line I should still get some water flow.

Hopefully they do the job ! They seem to get a lot of praise and they are pretty cheap tbh, I think it was about £35 - £40 for all the parts (I got the bits individually rather than a kit) including a 10l food grade container I got from a discount store. This might need upgrading but will see what the usage rate is. Need to get a small air pump and stone for this, the big one I got for making teas is a bit loud ! lol

large.Blumats-in-!.jpg 

ETA; I had to cut the cover crop down, it was getting out of control. The forage peas were about 12" long and trying to attach themselves to their ganga neighbours lol

Edited by Jimmyarm
  • Like 8

Day 11

She had plenty of roots at the little holes in the bottom of the pot so, I gingerly teased her out of it and she was ready to move.

I'll give her a little aloe watering in the morning, GF was asleep so didn't want to put the blender on lol

Fingers crossed this soil works !

large.Auto-Blue-Kush-Day-11---Transplant.jpg

• Like 8

Looking good mate. The worms going love that cover crop. Nice one with blumats. What size pit did you go for? 

Have you seen @ska diary. Top stuff and he switched over to them about 2mths ago I think. 

Thanks @jadenugs & @bobnudd

I went for the normal size blumat probes if that is what you meant, or a 54l square fabric pot if you meant pot size ! :D

If this works out ok, I will build a bid bed to sit in the bottom of my cabinet (which is about 120cmx66cm) and just run it as an indoor raised bed. I'd love a Grassroots one like BG420 uses but they don't ship to the UK afaik which is a pain as you can order custom sizes off them. Will have to do some fabricobbling with some PVC and a few more of these pots sewn together. I reckon I could bury one of those long soil warming cables in it too and help keep the temps up in the winter.

Just read Ska's diary through properly, I think I need to up my mulch game a bit lol

Really need to find some alfalfa hay, might have to grow my own at this rate !

Edited by Jimmyarm
  • Like 4

Hey man looking good in there, loving the no till. This has to be the way to get your medium sorted.....can't wait to see her take off. Are you planning to let her grow natural or will there be some LST coming into play ? 

Best of luck mate. 

TD

• Like 3

@Topdraw

Thanks :) Yes LST will most likely be used, she responded really well to it on my first grow and it seems the way forward to increase the yield without trying to scrog etc. :thumsup:

• Like 4

Wicked looking great man, those blumats are a game changer for sure it seems to grow monsters.

Good luck with these girls. I'm moving house soon but when I put my grows back up it's gonna be with a raised bed in each pot. I really wanted a grassroots lot too, I hadn't got round to asking them if they ship to Europe. But you're saying they don't. :(

:smokin:

• Like 4

@ska

Thanks for dropping in :) I heard BG420 say on one of his videos they make custom sizes so had a look on their website and the FAQ's say they don't ship overseas atm :(

I might drop them an email when I start to think properly about doing it and see if they would just send the fabric part over minus the poles as that should make the parcel a bit more mail friendly but the little research I have done seems to suggest I am going to have to make my own somehow !

• Like 4