Bud's 2017 Outdoor Auto-Passions

Bud Wiser

Last season, I took advantage of DP's 3+3 offer on the AutoMazars. I bought them from a distributor, who removed the original packaging for 'stealth' reasons and as a result, I ended up with some duff seeds, only 2 out of the 6 germinating, which is not like DP at all.

After a whingy grovelling email, @DutchPassionTony gifted me some replacement beans.

This diary's by way of thanks.

3 x Auto Colorado Cookies
3 x Auto Brooklyn Sunrise

And I'm doing these 3 ways (I like Masterchef, ok?) .. one of each outside in my new sun-plot (I use the term 'sun' lightly), 2 more in my greenhouse grow-pit, and the last 2 in Airpots, also in the greenhouse.

Both the outdoor plot and the grow-pit in the greenhouse have been prepped months in advance, and in the grow-pit's case, last year.

Mainly bonemeal, fishbone and blood, home-made organic compost and 9-yr old rotted horseshit. Just add sunshine and water! And I'll be using Plagron Royalmix for the Airpots ..

Germination

First off, I just want to point out that these seeds are now a year old, having been stored in the fridge since last summer. It was too late in the season to grow them last year, so they're in the first run this year.

I've germinated these in a solution of Formulex at 1:200 .. the packets were opened at roughly 2pm on Sunday 23rd April.
By 10am the next morning, they were all split open and showing their little white tails.

Germination rate was 100%.
They were potted in a mild seed and cutting compost and by 10pm the following evening, were breaking the soil's surface.

large.CC_germ.jpg

Seedlings will be under T5 flourescents for as long as it takes for the fucking sun to shine, which it's not doing much of at the moment.

large.5906435d3bddc_Buds-Passions.jpg

This is just a week after opening the packets, day 4 since birth ..

AutoBrooklyn Sunrise:

large.BS_.jpglarge.BS_day4.jpg

Colorado Cookies:

large.CC_.jpglarge.CC_day4.jpg

The one thing I've learned about Autos, you have to get them started off faster than Lewis Hamilton!

Or Seb Vettel if you're F1 savvy! :yep:

:oldtoker:

• Like 11

Nice. Looking forward to see how these turn out mate. Nice and compact so far, no stretch. I am guessing they are under lights atm? 

I'll be popping both the Brooklyn and Cookies in a few weeks myself. Can't wait. 

Good luck for this season fella! :yep:

• Like 2

They look fantastic. The lights make all the difference. Mine are doing fine with murky sunshine, but they're not as good as that!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Black Venus said:

They look fantastic. The lights make all the difference. Mine are doing fine with murky sunshine, but they're not as good as that!

You should get some T5's then .. convert a wardrobe! :yep:

• Like 1

Here's some more, although these don't really count as DP seeds because they came from the plants themselves ...

Every year I've grown autos, I always find one or two seeds in the buds, literally one or two .. and they always tend towards plants grown in the latter half of the summer, oddly.

I had a couple of Daiquiri Lime's and a mystery seed ... a mystery because I forgot to bloody label it ..

large.More-Passions.jpglarge.3-more-Passions.jpg

These are at just over 2 weeks.

Quite vigorous, considering they're hermie seeds (or apomixis).

Can't wait to find out what the mystery seed is ..!

• Like 5

Ah the greenhouse again, I've been waiting to see what your putting in there this year!

• Like 2

@beezee ... you know what I'm putting in there! :yep:

I've worked out I can do 2 runs in the growpit .. autos first, photos later.

The autos should be done by the end of July, and I'll have the photos waiting in pots ready to go in, probably mainlined and root-pruned, already at 2/3 months old. I'm thinking of getting some smaller Airpots, automate the pruning bit! :nerd:

August, September, October will be plenty if last year was anything to go by!

The shed growroom will be empty again by the end of this month too .. so I'll be playing musical chairs between the shed, the greenhouse and the new garden plot.

I've got my summer 'project' lined up as well .. a fully height-adjustable scrog net, the shed groom's begging for one.

Plus I'll be scouring the countryside in my little car with a spade, a compass, a map, a torch, a pair of wellies and a bag of dolomite lime. :naughty:

• Like 4

Finally, some sunshine ... had 'em all out baskin' in the sun today, felt like the season's finally started.

large.590cef2937cc1_Baskin.jpglarge.590cef2c76c4f_Baskin2.jpg

2 x Daiquiri Lime autos, 1 x King's Kush auto, and I think the mystery seed's a DP Think Big auto, all at 19 days ...

large.590cef3edcb14_Sunshine-Passions-Daiquiri--co.jpg

The 3 x Colorado Cookies autos and 3 x Brooklyn Sunrise autos, all at 9 days ...

large.590cef3a28a3e_Sunshine-Passions-Cookies--Sunrise.jpg

The Sunrises seem happy enough ...

large.Happy-Sunrise-9-days.jpg

So do 2 of the Cookies ...

large.Happy-Cookie-9-days.jpg

But it looks like I've got myself a runt ...

large.Not-so-happy-Cookie-9-days.jpg

Looks to me like calcium def, doesn't like the lights too close I'm thinking. Never mind, the other 2 are fine.

With the exception of the Kush, these are all Passions, so the rest of my grow (some more autos, and a ruck of photos!) will be documented elsewhere when I get them started.

If you're reading this, enjoy the weekend. :yep:

• Like 6

Sunny days, greenhouse time ...

large.Greenhouse-Passions.jpg

Now at 2 weeks old tomorrow.

The one in the ground's a Daiquiri Lime f2 hermie auto ...

large.Daiquiri-Lime-3-wks.jpg

Not bad at 3 weeks.

• Like 4

That's massive for 3 weeks!

I don't know if it works or not, but I water round the edge of the pot to get the roots to spread quicker, could work well in the pit???

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Three Passions in a Pit ...

large.3-Passions-in-a-pit.jpg

Front two at 22 days, the back Lime's now at 32 days.

Three more Passions in a Pot ...

large.3-more-Passions-in-a-pot.jpg

All 3 at 22 days and hunky dory! :yep:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Still hunky dory at 32 days ...

large.Potted-Passions---day-32.jpglarge.Pit-Passions---32-days.jpg

And now at 6 wks, Daiquiri Hermie ...

large.DL_6wks.jpg

So, if anyone asks the question "I found a bean in my auto, is it worth planting?" .. what do you think? :naughty:

• Like 4