Donkey Kong Jnr -TigseyJnr tries to finish a diary

tigseyjnr

Hi peep's.

Hope you are all good, and on the road to another year of succesfull harvests. By the looks of it, it's gonna be a busy year!!

Welcome to my RGSC competition entry. I just hope i can make it to the end...

Big love to @panik and all the RGSC crew. Didnt realise BadPenny was ya partner in crime, but makes sence now. You've both been a source of inspiration over the years, so thanks.

And thank you for the seeds.

I wasn't gonna start my diary till i had things in full swing, but i'm sat here hungover, reminising about the last time i tried doing a diary. Then i thought i should make a start.

The last time i documented an oudoor grow i was going through a bit of an early mid life crisis. Having reccently left my misses, quit my job, lost the plot a bit, found it, then lost it again, started growing, and probably smoking a bit too much weed/oil for my own good..

In September of that year i ended up moving 200 miles from the south east of England, to Wales. Gave away all my indoor growing gear (in mid to late flower, my mate drove 4 big plants to Cardiff to carry it on. Nutter), left strict instructions with my outdoor growing partner (who promptly went on a 2 month ket' binge and forgot where my plots were, and could barely make it to our shared plot to harvest), and then i moved into one of these.. :bangin:

gallery_71498_7947_11943.jpg

It lasted about 6 weeks. Then a big Welsh storm hit, and totaly desroyed it.

So i built this on the old chassis...

gallery_71498_7947_181219.jpg

All from scrap, obviously. Cost less than a couple of hundred quid. Double glazed. Fully insulated. Two stories. Nice little log burner. That bit on the back did turn into a little greenhouse, but i manged to burn the fucking thing to the ground :furious:  Having only lived in it for about 2 months  :wanker:

with my poor little dog in it too :unsure:

Anyway, these things are sent to try us.

And i'm still trying!!

Since then i've been living in a caravan. And i dont use candles anymore. And i dont have a dog.

So there's my competition winning, side story. Just needed some soppy bollox (q xfactor esc) music playing over the top, and some photo's of me stood next to my burnt down wagon, weeping and sobbing, wearing my only pair of pants, and holding my only posessions, my guitar and my fishing rod.

:guitar:

Anyhoo...

Had a few semi successfull outdoor grows on the go over the last 4 years, but they've been pretty small scale and on my friends land where i was living, so wouldnt have wanted to document them, even if i did have a computer and internet.

This year's a bit different though. Thanks to RGSC and this comp, i'm documenting this one. Bring on the GROW!!

I've got one big, secure plot. Not perfect by any means.. South, South East facing, and pretty heavy clay but it's a nice big plot, and i feel good about it. I can drop compost and other soil ammending stuff fairly close, and i can access it fairly safely any time of the day :ninja:

Got another two plots which are less secure, but potentially really nice. South facing, lovely soil, but sketchy getting to, from, in and out. Night time missions only really. But we'll see.

@panik kindly sent me a pack of 6 Mighty Golds, and a pack of 6 DFG's, which actually had 7 in it :hug:

I popped them into some water during the week, and then stuck them in these pots on Friday.

large.58fcbe4e0b2f8_RGSCPots(Copy).JPG

there's also some courgettes in there too seeing as there was room.

they now live in here

large.58fcbe41703fc_RGSCBox(Copy).JPG

They go outside during the day, and come inside at night. But it's tight in my caravan as it is!!

Once they've grown a bit they will go in here

large.58fcbe589ea02_shed(Copy).JPG

or in here (£25 from BnM so its probaly gonna be shit. But so long as it lasts till i can plant out, i'll be happy)

large.58fcbe2e8296c_NewGrrenhouse(Copy).JPG

Will try and get some plot pic's at some point, but that's it for now.

Looking forward to seeing all your grows this season. Lots of faces old and new. Do feel free to highlight any mistakes and fuck ups i make along the way please!!!

Here's a classic GG song.. but a much better version. (I hate that fucking synthetic voice thing in Marlon Asher's version!!)

These guys can sing!! Enjoy..

Tigs :guitar:

• Like 24

All the best Tigs.......loving what you did with the caravan/trailer tent.....

I lived in a caravan for about 5-6 years and i fucking loved it mate....was quite a bit bigger than your one, but all the same, i really like my own space....

We had 7 Whiteyfreeze in a 6 packet.....quite a revelation....better than 1 in a 10 packet from female seeds lol

hope you get to finish the diary this year matey....wishing you all the luck in the world:yep:

• Like 6

Good luck dude. Excited to see what you can do with these genetics.

Nice pics so far :) and sorry about the chassis and your dog. I'm sending positive vibes your way man and I'm sure you'll smash it this year :yep:

ATB

Edited by English Archer
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Andromedian said:

All the best Tigs.......loving what you did with the caravan/trailer tent.....

I lived in a caravan for about 5-6 years and i fucking loved it mate....was quite a bit bigger than your one, but all the same, i really like my own space....

We had 7 Whiteyfreeze in a 6 packet.....quite a revelation....better than 1 in a 10 packet from female seeds lol

hope you get to finish the diary this year matey....wishing you all the luck in the world:yep:

Thanks dude.

Love the caravan life, but a 16 footer with a gilfriend in toe is pretty cramped. She's put up with alot as it is.

Might have to bite the bullet and rent a house soon. But at least i can get my indoor grows back on. Ha.

Nice one

3 minutes ago, English Archer said:

Good luck dude... sending positive vibes your way man and I'm sure you'll smash it this year :yep:

ATB

Thanks matey, and you. :bong:

• Like 3

You're definitely an outa the box geezer ;) hope you have an ace season mate but that intros gonna take some beating :D

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Eelhelmet said:

You're definitely an outa the box geezer ;)

Thanks dude. I think ...:unsure:  Ha

Never did get round to subscribing in the end.. really wanted to try some of your seeds, but the monkey man got in the way. Next year though, for sure :yep:

Nice one for looking in

• Like 4

Bloody hell mate! 

Hope you get some quality bud tigs..

Tune is chill as fuck.. much prefer it..

and tho it's not ideal for you guys... what a job you did on that caravan.. best of luck mate

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RandyBoBandy said:

Tune is chill as fuck.. much prefer it..

For sure.. i love that version.

4 minutes ago, RandyBoBandy said:

what a job you did on that caravan.. best of luck mate

Thanks dude.

Glad you're in on this one.

Might even stick up a pic or two of the Blackberry OG along the way ;)

• Like 2

kicking myself in the head for not getting more... i pulled out the props from my tent.. and for some reason there was a big crispy blackberry bud in the lid... smells lush as fuck.. still have a small jar too :) 

all the best tigs

• Like 1

Hope you have a cracking year tigs.

Sorry to here of your run of bad luck mate.  I got a good feeling about this year though. For all the forum!

Loving that diy propagator too. I'll be nicking that idea for sure! Another thing on the shopping list that is! lol 

Keep up the good work mucka

bests dodge

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tigseyjnr said:

Thanks dude.

Love the caravan life, but a 16 footer with a gilfriend in toe is pretty cramped. She's put up with alot as it is.

Might have to bite the bullet and rent a house soon. But at least i can get my indoor grows back on. Ha.

Nice one

Thanks matey, and you. :bong:

Ha ha brings back memories for me mate. nearly 20 years ago....was a Front man in a rock band, I got kicked out of my house and ended up sleeping in the back of my sierra estate...met a gorgeous bird, and she didn't seem to give a shit about it. 2 weeks later i bought a caravan and i stayed in that for a while....then her parents let me stay at their house.......for 3 years ha ha

She went to university.....Zug and myself then started growing indoors, mainly with blueberry and northern light crosses

• Like 4

Love it mate. Love your lifestyle and the house you have built is fucking superb!  

Best of luck with the grow and everything else bud!

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, RandyBoBandy said:

. smells lush as fuck..

ha. hope mine do too!!

12 minutes ago, Dodgee said:

Sorry to here of your run of bad luck mate.

To be fair, i've just had the best 4 years of my life!!! The fire etc were just little interludes on the journey. Really showed me how much i'm loved when the people around me stepped up to help. Within 24hours i had a whole new wardrobe of clothes, a new caravan, a nice warm coat with £100 and a big bag of weed in the pocket, new tools and a bag of seed to get growing again!!

But thanks dude.

Got a good feeling about this year too :yep:

8 minutes ago, Andromedian said:

Ha ha brings back memories for me mate. nearly 20 years ago....was a Front man in a rock band, I got kicked out of my house and ended up sleeping in the back of my sierra estate...met a gorgeous bird, and she didn't seem to give a shit about it. 2 weeks later i bought a caravan and i stayed in that for a while....then her parents let me stay at their house.......for 3 years ha ha

She went to university.....Zug and myself then started growing indoors, mainly with blueberry and northern light crosses

Ha. Nice one!

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, zug said:

Love it mate. Love your lifestyle and the house you have built is fucking superb!  

Best of luck with the grow and everything else bud!

thanks dude :yep:

• Like 2

Wow what a start to a diary tigsey looking A-ok in here that caravan looked the nuts,... I lived in a caravan for 4-5 years myself but like andro it was a bit more luxury than that ,blimey it was like a 2 bed flat brand new all the latest mod cons lol 

Anyway like others have said theres good vibes about this season you can just feel it and I know everyone's going to have a corker so good luck mate and hope it all goes well and I deffo prefer that ganja farmer tune them guys sing it well :yep: 

• Like 5