WW auto & WW xxl ,Dinafem grow.

Michael Luchóg

Hi folks .

My thanks to Mark and Dinafem for giving me a shot at their autos for this seasons outdoor grow. 

At the moment I haven't any plan or location selected for these plants but I might grow them in pots ,sitting up off the ground on a pallet . Its still quite early for starting autos so these will probably be germinated after my few photoperiod plants . 

large.IMG_20170409_112730.jpg

If I don't post in your diary I am sorry . I'll try see them all and catch up with some folks elsewhere I'm sure .So many diaries :smokin:

Anyway ,please god it'll be a great summer and everyone does well .It'll be interesting comparing other folks plants from same batches of beans ,grown in different places .

Take care and best of luck to all .

• Like 15

Best of luck mate. I had the pleasure of doing the WW auto then the XXL afterwards. Both sound strains, very good stuff. 

Give them some good time and training and they yield a bloody amount. I bent and LST mine and it still went over a meter tall.

ATB.

• Like 5

Good luck with these not that you'll need it mate ,very vigorous ,good yielding hardy plants I found and top buds :) ..What photo strains you doing? 

• Like 3

All the best for this year GG ML .After seeing how well our friends .From another planet lol did  with them last year.Me to is thinking of banging some out, for a nice early harvest.

• Like 4

Hello Michael thank you for getting your outdoor grow diary going :) this will be quite interesting to watch how our white widow auto does compared to white widow xxl. We know white widow auto is a great outdoor auto so this will make a great comparison grow :yep:

I will be along for the ride and watching with interest :)

Best of luck for this outdoor grow season :yep: and again thank you for starting your thread :)

All the best

Mark 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 09/04/2017 at 1:29 PM, GreenVision said:

Best of luck mate. I had the pleasure of doing the WW auto then the XXL afterwards. Both sound strains, very good stuff. 

Give them some good time and training and they yield a bloody amount. I bent and LST mine and it still went over a meter tall.

ATB.

A Metre,wow ! They look very good under lights .I'll have to look at your old pics buddy .Thanks and take it handy.

On 09/04/2017 at 3:00 PM, beezee said:

Good luck with the grow mate, Easy BZ. Thanks BZ . Its all a bit of craic .

On 09/04/2017 at 3:26 PM, stayup4ever said:

Good luck with these not that you'll need it mate ,very vigorous ,good yielding hardy plants I found and top buds :) ..What photo strains you doing? 

Hi Stayup4ever. I'm doing some GG3 ,mighty mite and red purps . I have two varieties out so far ,25 pots ,some bottomless. Best of luck to you too.

On 09/04/2017 at 4:46 PM, hashi said:

All the best for this year GG ML .After seeing how well our friends .From another planet lol did  with them last year.Me to is thinking of banging some out, for a nice early harvest.

Those are the only autos from dinafem that I looked at last year, or the ones I remember. To be honest the planet's a little drier their way but I could have a sunny and dry spell at the appropriate time ,hopefully.

On 09/04/2017 at 5:41 PM, Moobman said:

White widow a favourite ? :skin_up:

Well,the old pre 98 was with me but I've never grown that .Grown a few white widow and black widow but they were all different .

On 13/04/2017 at 8:08 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

Hello Michael thank you for getting your outdoor grow diary going :) this will be quite interesting to watch how our white widow auto does compared to white widow xxl. We know white widow auto is a great outdoor auto so this will make a great comparison grow :yep:

I will be along for the ride and watching with interest :)

Best of luck for this outdoor grow season :yep: and again thank you for starting your thread :)

All the best

Mark 

Thanks Mark. 

Yes ,I'd better label the planters . I filled two fruit crates half way with old horse manure ,and then topped it up with verve compost that I got in a chain store .Its not great so I'll add some peat .The manure was very heavy and hard .I had to break it up and tumble it .

I was thinking of shoving five seed in each . A seed in each corner and one in the centre of the crate . I presoaked the seed just in case there's fungus gnat larvae in the medium ,ready to gnaw on a barely opened seed .I would transplant in a pot or prick seedlings out but they're autos so better not fiddle with them too much .large.DSC_0306.JPG

I'd like to be able to keep a sheet of glass over them but I'm not sure if I can get away with that ,it glares ,even plastic sticks out .I'll play it by ear .

Take care folks .

Edited by Michael Luchóg
  • Like 9

The mix sounds good mate :yep:

Can I ask what size pots/tubs are you using? I personally think 5 plants per tub would be a little to much mate. Maybe if the medium size of the pot is over 50l it could be done :) personally I would do 3 plants per pot :yep:

I think yes glass could be used on the top but try to keep an eye on temps as if the sun hits it will cook them :)

All the best 

Mark...

• Like 2

@Dinafem-Mark

Thanks buddy.  The mix is good but I'm always afraid of little critters in it! 

The crate holds around 50 litre, a little more filled to the very top. I will add more anyway, if they'll take it. 

Perhaps it's a bit small for 5. Today I looked at the crates and I only saw one bean poking through. Just worried about tiny slugs and fungus gnat larvae.  Another day or two and hopefully they'll all be up. I guess I shouldn't germinate  in compost with manure. Anyway, catch you later. :skin_up:

• Like 3

I was pretty worried for a few days there ! The compost had dried a little on top so I decided it'd be wise to leave the crates out for a shower ,but I forgot to bring them in until it was dark ,and one crate was coated in a big trail of slime . I poked around before that though looking for the seed as they were slow to show .I couldn't find any but moved the other crate inside. At that stage all I could see was one seedling ,today though there's four seeds up in one crate .Nothing in the crate that the slug was in but some might pop yet .I'm just glad to have some now .If only one survived I'd have been relieved .I'm a disaster ! 

Ran out of slug pellets too:smokin:large.DSC_0324.JPG

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

@Michael Luchóg

Nice to see the 4 up mate and by now you should know if the others are coming through :)

If I was you I would germinate indoors using your chosen method. Jiffy7,s until roots are out then into the crates :yep:

At least we have the 4 through so not a total was out :)

Thank you for the added pictures very much appreciated!

Until the next one :bong:

All the best 

Mark...

Edited by Owderb
Quote removed please use @function
  • Like 2

@Dinafem-Mark

Thanks buddy. I saw one shrivelled seedling alright but nothing else appeared. 

I moved the other four under a 400w HPS last night. They haven't grown much really and they're just about able for more intense light. Cheating a little bit maybe! 

Thanks Moobs and BZ. I was relieved alright,dont want to let folks down, and I almost always stunt autos. 

Take it easy. 

• Like 2