Jim's Sweety Box - Black Jack, Bloody Skunk & Creme Caramel Autos

Jimmyarm

Welcome to Jim's Sweety Box !

Hello All :oldtoker:

Firstly, apologies to the Sweet Seeds chaps for that late arrival to the party, life gets in the way and all :)

You join in the fun at 3 weeks and 1 day from getting the seeds wet and popping them into the airing cupboard.

Seeds

Black Jack, Bloody Skunk & Creme Caramel - all autoflowering varieties.

Medium:

The pots are roughly 3l I think, given the size of my little box I thought small pots would help keep the plants on the smaller side !

I have been collecting the bits to eventually try out 'no till' so the soil is a bit of wierd no till type blend.

1 part Jacks Magic

1 part Perlite

1 part Earthworm Castings (from ebay)

1 part Peat Moss

Then half an Ecothrive Charge 'cup' of

Volcanic Rock Dust

Oyster Shell (ground)

Crab Shell (ground)

Kelp Meal

Ecothrive Charge

I've given them a little 'mulch' with some grass clippings 

This grow won't be 'no till' as such, it was more just to see how the mix behaves. I have BioBizz Fish Mix & Bloom which will be used as(if) required.

All they have had so far is rainwater, from my butt lol

Lighting:

At present they are sitting under my little Mars 300 light but we have a 250w hps to play with as well :)

Environment:

OSB 'box', lined with thermawrap - 122cm x 60cm x 60cm in the 'shed'

6" Hyper fan & a 6" Rhino Pro carbon filter handle proceedings, it runs at the minimum setting and temps are roughly 24 - 25 c in this sort of weather using the Mars, obviously the HPS needs it turned up slightly.

I did have a RAM clip on fan, but that has lasted all of 3 months before not wanting to work :( A replacement is on the way.

The pots are kept warm on top of a vivarium heat mat which is run by a thermostatic controller with a temperature probe.

Everything seems to be ticking along nicely, the soil mix seems to be quite rich as they are all twisting a little but I'm sure they will settle in.

Enough waffle, some pictures.

Peace :oldtoker:

large.Sprouts.jpglarge.Potted.jpglarge.3-weeks.jpg

large.Bloody-Skunk-3w.jpg

large.Creme-Caramel-3w.jpglarge.Black-Jack-1-3w.jpglarge.Black-Jack-2-3w.jpglarge.Group-shot-3w.jpg

Oh and finally, a sneak preview of a small upgrade that I have been busy on ;)

large.Upgrade.jpg

Edited by Jimmyarm
  • Like 8

thats a tidy little set up jim ,hope you got time to finish everything

• Like 2

departmentnice looking box you ahead of me in know how already. Good luck with the rest. :yep:

Edited by Elvis Reg
  • Like 1

Thanks chaps :)

Hopefully I wil get the new box finished this week(end) but as usual it is a busy time of year for work and life so the grow has to take a slight back seat for a bit.

:oldtoker:

• Like 1

A little Easter update :oldtoker:

Just about 5 weeks from getting the seeds wet.

All ticking along nicely, Black Jack No.2 got a bit of tip burn as a seedling but has grown out of that.

Just rainwater has been given up to this point.

Temps have been getting a little low overnight but the roots stay warm on the heat mat :)

They are still under the little Mars 300 but I'll give them a blast with the HPS at some point. Really need to get on and finish the bigger cabinet but struggling to find a few hours to do it ! 

A few pics when I was watering them just now.

Hopefully they start stretching a little bit soon !

:smokin:

large.5-weeks-group.jpglarge.Creme-Caramel-5-weeks.jpglarge.Bloody-Skunk-5w.jpglarge.Black-Jack-1-5w.jpglarge.Black-Jack-2-5-weeks.jpg

• Like 7

Looking nice mate, interested in the creme caramel, I have some seeds waiting patiently! Lots of good words said about them..

All the best :yinyang:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

7 Weeks 

Here we are 7 weeks (less a day) from getting the seeds wet :)

I finally got some time to sort the new cabinet out last weekend so they have moved home ! It is far from finished yet but it is a step forwards :)

They have all been stretching, the Bloody Skunk is slightly more advanced than all the others as the pictures will show.

All they have had up to this point is rainwater. I am going to feed them later though as most of them are looking hungry for N so fish mix & bloom will be given at 2ml/l to see how they react.

Time for pictures !

large.New-Cab.jpglarge.Group-Shot-7w.jpglarge.Creme-Caramel-7w.jpglarge.Bloody-Skunk-whole-7w.jpglarge.BJ-1-7w.jpglarge.BJ-2-7w.jpglarge.Bloody-Skunk-7w.jpg

Peace

:smokin:

• Like 2

3 lovely little peaches there, looks like you are going to get some interesting colours from the plants shortly.

• Like 1

Little update :)

The stretch has gone on quite a bit, have watered twice this week with a bit of fish mix and a bit of bloom.

Loving the Bloody Skunks colours and the completely different Black Jacks :D

large.Group-Shot.jpglarge.Bloody-Skunk-9w.jpg

:oldtoker:

• Like 3