150watt cmh Blue Kush Auto

Openairbud

Whoops, guess I was a little premature starting the bending then. Ah well, she seems to be doing okay besides the snap, hope so anyway. 

There's a nice smell now when I open the box :hippy:

I'll bang a few pics up soon, cheers :)

• Like 3

Update time, 21 days old and still going strong, despite the beating I've been giving her. I thought being such a skinny fu#ker I'd have a light touch. Not the case. I've snapped a stem, torn leaves, even kinked the main stem, still she grows every day. 

Having a bit of trouble uploading pics from my phone, I've managed one so far so that will have to do for now..

large.20170406_071910_crop_459x614.jpg

She had 2 litres of water on Sunday evening,  and 3 litres with a splash of seaweed last night (wednesday) took it well with a little runoff. 

Temps are still within what I would like, down to 22 in the evenings up to 28 in the day. Have to adjust the fan speed to suit every morning and evening but that's no great hardship.

Heat mat is now on a thermostat so happy with how that's working (thanks @botanics) 

That's all for now, I'll try and some more pics up soon :yinyang:

• Like 6

Looking good :)

Amazing how they just take off all of a sudden !

I snapped the top stem of mine, it was literally hanging on by a bit of the outer 'skin'. Taped it up and she just carried on and grew a fat bud up there lol

• Like 4

Ha nice, resilient buggers arn't they! My snap wasn't quite as bad as that, about halfway through. Hasn't stopped that branch at all. 

Quick question, when do I start feeding? I think it's too early yet, leaves are lovely dark green still, just thinking ahead.. 

• Like 3

@Openairbud

Keep an eye on the lower leaves mate, not the ones shaded though and if you see them going lighter, if so get on the feeding, when I ran autos mind I did notice that they like their N and didn't recognise what some say about them being light feeders as they are not, they are just a little bit more fickle with the dosing...bouncer's done Blue Kush auto mate, have a read what he did in his diary as he smashed that run outta park :yep:

• Like 3

Looking good @Openairbud

Always a good idea to have your mat plugged into a thermostat even if you don't think you need it. Will kick in then if we have any cold spells :yep:

• Like 3

Thanks for popping in guys,

yes @jadenugs thought it for the best just leave it in place. Not doing any harm :) 

@botanics ill have another read through his diary, it's a good un,  it was partly inspiration for growing the bka.  I must admit, some of the fine details must not have sunk in. I seem to remember he had a cal-mag issue. Did you get that too? 

I really must stop faffing about with my plant, just been in for another leaf tuck, now I've snapped a a fan leaf! There will be nothing left of her at this rate :wallbash:

• Like 4

Slight issue with smell today. Thought I could smell a faint whiff of weed in the next room to my grow. Then the Mrs said she could smell it without me saying anything. It's either left over from the last time I opened the box, or I have a few small gaps and my extraction isn't on high enough. Either way, I've turned up extraction till I can go over everything with silicone.. 

There is no smell where my extraction leaves the room (outside) so I'm not worried yet :stoned:

• Like 1

Quick piccy update.

She's growing get for fun now. Just had to water again, about 12 hours sooner than last time, and given her 4 litres, which is an extra half litre. About 300ml runoff. 

Here she is just after yet another tie down/leaf re arrangement.

large.20170408_084641_crop_459x595.jpg

All the smaller shoots that I keep exposing are growing well, she's turning into a right bush! 

I need to add a length of hose to the top of my water bottle for next feed, struggled to get in there this time.

Till next time :yinyang:

Edit: pretty much filled the footprint of my space, only way is up!

Edited by Openairbud
  • Like 3

On 06/04/2017 at 8:03 PM, Openairbud said:

Thanks for popping in guys,

yes @jadenugs thought it for the best just leave it in place. Not doing any harm :) 

@botanics ill have another read through his diary, it's a good un,  it was partly inspiration for growing the bka.  I must admit, some of the fine details must not have sunk in. I seem to remember he had a cal-mag issue. Did you get that too? 

I really must stop faffing about with my plant, just been in for another leaf tuck, now I've snapped a a fan leaf! There will be nothing left of her at this rate :wallbash:

I've not run the auto mate, when I ran Blue Kush it was the photoperiod but I'm always on the edge of Mg/Cal issues since I've been growing here, water's soft see and comes from the beacons and my Cal levels are not ideal but just managable, though I do use epsoms salts as a matter of course on every grow mate (third week 12/12 sometimes earlier if they are showing it)

Phosphorus is my issue with the current lot, not a biggie or anything bit my medium is slightly short of it I can tell but I'm using reused at the moment and beffed the last pot up with a sprinkling of bonemeal to give them a slow release throughout the bloom, I'm hoping that it will see me good later in the bloom like.

• Like 3

Sorry botanics I thought you ran the auto. Thanks for the reply, I'll keep an eye on her. Like that you're recycling your compo, I might look at doing that. Mine was just gonna go into my garden when finished with. :)

Edit: ordered some comfrey roots the other day, planning for the future,  maybe I can make my own feeds.(thanks for the idea @beezee ) 

Edited by Openairbud
  • Like 3

On 08/04/2017 at 9:10 AM, Openairbud said:

Quick piccy update.

She's growing get for fun now. Just had to water again, about 12 hours sooner than last time, and given her 4 litres, which is an extra half litre. About 300ml runoff. 

Here she is just after yet another tie down/leaf re arrangement.

large.20170408_084641_crop_459x595.jpg

All the smaller shoots that I keep exposing are growing well, she's turning into a right bush! 

I need to add a length of hose to the top of my water bottle for next feed, struggled to get in there this time.

Till next time :yinyang:

Edit: pretty much filled the footprint of my space, only way is up!

She's bushed out great. Some excellent training, bending which shoukd allow some consistent bud growth from all the branches :)

I know you said you snapped a stem or 2 but as also said these are resilient plants and will bounce back which they looked to have done very well :)

I can not see any signs of deficiency so you have the feed correct and it is always a good sign of a health plant when they start taking up more nutruents/water :) this is down to the growth above soil :)

So far looking great and thank you for the continued picture updates very much appreciated!

Until the next one :bong:

All the best

Mark.

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 3

Thanks Mark! 

Quick update, not quite on the 4 week mark, day 26..

large.20170411_164828_crop_452x563.jpg

She had another 4 litres last night, seems 2 and a half days now till pot is dry. I gave her a small feed with this one, only 0.5ml/litre of fish mix. Not sure if I'm imagining it, a few lower leaves are very slightly faded and patchy. It's hard to tell to be honest under this light. 

Seem to find she much prefers the temps to be 25c and above, when I peek in and it's dropped a bit, a few leaves seem more droopy than normal.  

Note to self: when soaking up fishmix runoff with a sponge, wear gloves! My hands have smelt like a fishmongers all day, washing won't remove it!  :puke:

Till next time everyone :yinyang:

• Like 3