Ecothrive Biosys

VikingDee

11 minutes ago, Oldbear said:

@ratdog

Hey rat, I use it when I pot up my runs and once every couple of weeks with mums, really helps newly potted ones get their roots on lol

Good luck with it 

:bong:

thanks mate :)

• Like 1

im sure you lot probably know this anyway, but for the benefit of the noobs;

if you are planning watering it in, or making a microbe tea, always remember to bubble your water or leave it 24 hrs before adding bennies,

the chlorine in the tap water has a nasty habit of killing the beneficial bacteria. 

i used to use this stuff (well not the biosyss, but other beneficials, mychorizals etc  when i grew in soil, a long long time ago, when dinosaurs roamed the earth - it definitely helps/works.   

Edited by badbillybob

28 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

the chlorine in the tap water has a nasty habit of killing the beneficial bacteria

have you tried nutralise mate? i have that to sort the water, almost instantly apparently

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Quick question. I've got a unopened pack of Ecothrive I just found in the shed...way over its expiry date...do we think it's worth using, or will it be dead?!?!

Guest anarchycamp
Just now, DrGreenThumb24 said:

Quick question. I've got a unopened pack of Ecothrive I just found in the shed...way over its expiry date...do we think it's worth using, or will it be dead?!?!

I've used mine with no issues,used some that got slight moisture in the pack too so it clumped up. Break it back down it'll be fine

Are people using dechlorinated water with biosys? I used rainwater at first but have been using untreated tap water over winter and I dunno if its made much difference really, the plants still get a perky boost 

@Ronnie Hotdogs I used dechlorinated tap water on my last grow but didn't bother this time, couldn't see a difference when using the BioSys. I'm not sure the concentration (of Chlorine/Chloramine) is high enough to affect them tbh. No harm in adding the neutralise, I had a free bottle and its only concentrated Vitamin C anyway.

• Like 1

All ive read is that the chlorine in top water will likely kill off the bacteria...leaving it to sit for 24hrs should solve that anyway

3 hours ago, DrGreenThumb24 said:

All ive read is that the chlorine in top water will likely kill off the bacteria...leaving it to sit for 24hrs should solve that anyway

It's been fairly well established that that idea is a myth from what I understand. I stopped bothering a good while back and haven't noticed any I'll effect. 

• Like 2

I got given some biosys by ecothrive Gareth at a BBQ a couple of years ago , started off letting water breathe for 24h but soon got impatient and stopped bothering , no noticeable difference iirc , still worked wonders.

Banging product in my opinion , really should pay for some lol

:yinyang:

• Like 3