Peregrine's 2017 Dinafem Outdoor Grow - Bubba Kush, OG Kush, Original Amnesia, White Widow

Peregrine

Let's get this show on the road shall we?

First of all a big thank you to Mark and all at Dinafem for making this possible. :yep:

I hope I can show my gratitude by producing a stunning summer show. I'm currently trawling the net for completed outdoor diaries of the 4 strains I'll be having a go with, none of which I've grown out before.

A bit about the environment first. I'm at Lat 37N, on the coast, hmmm...OG!! I'm pretty much guaranteed blue skies from April through until November and the sun is intense to say the least. 

Last summer temps went way up into the 40'sC for about 3 weeks non stop which didn't suit everything so I may run into some problems if that happens again. Can't order the weather as you all well know.

I'll be growing organically using either Compo or Flortis Eco veg & bloom nutrients which served me well last year. They're basically the same as BioBizz but about 40% cheaper. BioBizz light mix or Grotek, not sure yet. I'll also have some seabird guano which I'll use as a top dressing once flowering is underway.

Today DPD arrived with my new wormery, a Wormcity 100 4 tray setup and 500 worms went into it this morning. They take a while to get up and running but I should have some lovely tea by the flowering stage.

The strains. 

Pre'98 Bubba Kush. Sounds right up my street, I do like a good knockout indica for a relaxing evening. I rarely smoke during the day - too busy looking after my girls & boys and when I'm not doing that I play golf 3 or 4 times a week.

I've read it's short, stocky, average yields, best topped, notoriously slow in veg...among other things. Let's see about that shall we!

I may start this one off earlier than, for example, the OG Kush as I can probably trust it not to take over the whole neighbourhood. A 40L Smartpot will be perfect methinks. 

OG Kush. I picked up a pack at the Canamoexpo in Sevilla last year so it's time to get going with them.

I'm toying with the idea of growing one of these using a SCROG. I have 2 sturdy 'nets' 1M x 1M that I could place either side of a 40L Smartpot. Why not?

The other one I'll start off in May. I can't have 2-3m plants so starting towards the end of May will give them enough veg time without me ending up with triffids. 

Original Amnesia. 'It needs high levels of Ec and light. Those seeking the highest quality, it is best to grow it organically' :yep:

'The breeder recommends that it is with respect, as it is said that it's power is very high and to be careful with it, because it can cause temporary memory loss'. :yep: 

I'll smoke this when I need to forget something lol

White Widow.  Not much to say that hasn't already been said about this strain although I have yet to grow it.

That's got the ball rolling, first update when I get the beans sprouted.

Good luck to everyone else taking part, here's to a great outdoor grow in 2017 !

• Like 11

You have 4 great strains this season mate :yep: this is going to be a great season filled with some great outdoor endeavours :) I will be along for the ride on this one and thank you for getting this grow diary started much appreciated :yep:

Going to be a very interesting season and one i`m really looking forward to 

All the best

Mark/

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Moobman said:

Lat 37 that's cheating lol

lol  yeah I'm jealous @ that Lat too!  I agree, Cheating!! lol

Good luck Mate looking forward to see what monsters you come out with!!

• Like 2

Yes I'm looking forward to seeing some nice plants grown under proper sunlight hours at lat 37. Best of luck with the grow mate. I'll be attempting Bubba Kush autos in not so many hours of sun lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jadenugs said:

Yes I'm looking forward to seeing some nice plants grown under proper sunlight hours at lat 37. Best of luck with the grow mate. I'll be attempting Bubba Kush autos in not so many hours of sun lol

Ta very much. I've never done an auto but I might just try some out of curiosity this summer, probably starting them off a few weeks before mid-summer's day.

• Like 2

Just climbing this tree for a better look :upside: 

Oh yes there you are... all the way down there lol

In for this, running original amnesia myself again... In my top 5 m8 :yep:

• Like 2

As per request I have locked the other thread mate :yep:

Going to be a very exciting season and happy to have you along :)

All the best 

Mark. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Off we go then....

We all know what sprouting seeds look like so I have skipped that bit, straight into the growth photos.

The OG Kush was germinated in the first few days of April so this lady is at about 3 weeks and looking very happy.

Germed, into the Root Riot then into a 1L pot of BioBizz Lightmix with a good handful of home produced worm castings. BioBizz Root Juice @ 3ml/L + Fishmix @ 1ml/L. Easy does it.

This gal will eventually end up in a 40L SmartPot and left to do her thing over the summer months...current temps outside are about 20C day & 12-14C at night...

large.590081a871db1_2017-04-2613_13_57_OGK.jpglarge.590081ab50cbe_2017-04-2613_14_32_OGK.jpg  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Off we go then....

We all know what sprouting seeds look like so I have skipped that bit, straight into the growth photos.

The OG Kush was germinated in the first few days of April so this lady is at about 3 weeks and looking very happy.

Germed, into the Root Riot then into a 1L pot of BioBizz Lightmix with a good handful of home produced worm castings. BioBizz Root Juice @ 3ml/L + Fishmix @ 1ml/L. Easy does it.

This gal will eventually end up in a 40L SmartPot and left to do her thing over the summer months...current temps outside are about 20C day & 12-14C at night...

large.590081a871db1_2017-04-2613_13_57_OGK.jpglarge.590081ab50cbe_2017-04-2613_14_32_OGK.jpg  

A super healthy looking lady and when she hits that 40l smart pot you are going to have a monster on your hands :)

So far things are looking great and thank you for the picture update very much appreciated! 

Until the next one :bong:

All the best 

Mark. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

She looks very nice and healthy. Off to a great start. I can only imagine how she'll look in a 40l pot. Best of luck mate ;)

• Like 2

You've just reminded me to give an update...

Just over a week further and she's progressing nicely, we've had some unsettled weather so she's been rained on and blown about a bit. 

Day time temps are around 20C, night time 14-15C, she's on 3ml/L Root Juice, 2ml/L Fishmix...

large.590c66d4944d7_2017-05-0513_45_49_OGK.jpglarge.590c66cb5b2a6_2017-05-0513_45_05_OGK.jpg

• Like 4