Dinamex auto

Captain Bonglington

@Captain Bonglington

She's a lovely plant though man!

Really healthy and will deliver by the looks of her but certainly looks like a photo bean after all this time of no show tbh ;) Great job with the grow :yep:

• Like 3

I'd lay money it's a genetic throw back photoperiod.

If you got the facilities I think it would be worth giving her an extended dark period (24-36hrs) then maintain a 12/12 cycle for a week.  You will know quickly enough.

Even quality breeders doing there utmost can't beat Mother Nature 100% of the time.  There will always be that odd 1/100 or 1-1000 or whichever that decides to fuck around.

I had 2 seeds man beans do the same thing to me just before Christmas. What can you do?

Shit happens.

• Like 2

On 03/03/2017 at 5:19 PM, Captain Bonglington said:

Well, it's about day 50 ish now and still no flowers. :(

She had some love last weekend, she seems to have enjoyed her Epsoms. She's vegging really well, but still looks no closer to flowering than she did a few weeks ago. The Mazar looks to have three weeks left.....

large.plants.JPG

One outside the room so she looks less yellow....

large.plant1.JPG

@Dinafem-Mark, in your opinion what would be the odds of this Auto having a bit of a photoperiod moment?

I'm in a bit of a quandary with this really. The Mazar is coming on well, so I want to continue to give it 24/0. I've germed a Haze 2.0 too that you can see in the lights on pic, hiding under the 'mex, so i don't want to fuck with the light cycles of those, and I could do without humidity spikes, lower temps and mould at the moment.....

I'd like to flip the 'mex to 12/12 now just to see what happens......I'm tempted to make some sort of cover for it and try and kind of force flower it in the drobe. :yes:

I just don't know what to do with it now really!lol

To tell you the truth mate I don't come across this to often. Maybe 2-3 times over the last 5 years. It is strange as she should have started the bloom phase way before now and as you said she is showing no visible signs of flowering. Very strange. Let me have a chat with the breed team about this to get a better/fuller answer. It does sound as you said she's acting like a photoperiod strain. 

Let me check this out and get back to you mate :)

All the best 

Mark. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dodgee said:

I'd lay money it's a genetic throw back photoperiod.

If you got the facilities I think it would be worth giving her an extended dark period (24-36hrs) then maintain a 12/12 cycle for a week.  You will know quickly enough.

Even quality breeders doing there utmost can't beat Mother Nature 100% of the time.  There will always be that odd 1/100 or 1-1000 or whichever that decides to fuck around.

I had 2 seeds man beans do the same thing to me just before Christmas. What can you do?

Shit happens.

I agree we do not see this very often as I said I think I have seen this 2-3 times in 5-6 years. Ithe could be a throw back genetic trait that has no Ruderalis genetics. Let me look into this more :)

All dark period and 12/12 would start the flower process but then the Mazar will not be getting the 24/0-20/4 lighting which will slow down that plants productivity :)

All the best 

Mark. 

E2a I'll get in this and try to get an answer :oldtoker:

• Like 1

@Dinafem-Mark, thanks for your reply mate. :yep:

I'm really interested to know if it's purely a genetic thing, or whether it could be attributable to environmental and lighting conditions in early veg?

She's always been on 24/0, I'm tempted to drop to 20/4 to see if that does anything, but mould is an issue here, which is why I run autos in winter. I don't want to jeopardise the Mazar, the jars are perilously low.....

The 'Mex does look good though, despite its lack of flowering....I don't think I can bring myself to kill it .I'm very tempted to continue to veg it under 24/0, some serious lst will be needed, finish the Mazar, then give the 'Mex the run of the drobe under 12/12, and see what happens. I could drop a net over it and train it into a nice little scrog quite easily.

• Like 1

On 06/03/2017 at 6:21 PM, Captain Bonglington said:

@Dinafem-Mark, thanks for your reply mate. :yep:

I'm really interested to know if it's purely a genetic thing, or whether it could be attributable to environmental and lighting conditions in early veg?

She's always been on 24/0, I'm tempted to drop to 20/4 to see if that does anything, but mould is an issue here, which is why I run autos in winter. I don't want to jeopardise the Mazar, the jars are perilously low.....

The 'Mex does look good though, despite its lack of flowering....I don't think I can bring myself to kill it .I'm very tempted to continue to veg it under 24/0, some serious lst will be needed, finish the Mazar, then give the 'Mex the run of the drobe under 12/12, and see what happens. I could drop a net over it and train it into a nice little scrog quite easily.

I have had a word with one of our head breeder's and this can happen but it is 1 out of maybe 2000 seeds that for some genetic reason refuse to autoflower.

Can I ask how long does the mazar have left? And is it a possibility to keep vegging the Dinamex Auto then when the mazar is down you could go to 12/12?

I know this is not ideal but my best advice. Super strange for this to happen and all I can say is sorry and I can replace the flawed strain?

I'll be back in on the next update until then thank you for the update much appreciated!.

All the best 

Mark. 

• Like 2

@Dinafem-Mark, finishing the Mazar, in about 2-3 weeks hopefully then flipping to 12/12 is the plan!:yes:

It might actually work out quite well...a long veg in a fairly big (17 litre) pot, I've started to tie her down in places already, and veg growth is still good.

There's an abundance of future bud sites, so once the Mazar is out I'll tie her down some more and get a net over her and then go 12/12.

1 in 2000 is just my luck!lol

Honestly mate, I'm not cross about it or anything, between myself and friends I know Dinafem stuff is super reliable. It's just one of those things.

I'm actually really keen to get the Mazar out and then see what she does under 12/12! lol

Thanks for your help mate. :yep:

• Like 2

Well, hopefully she'll flower with no issues....It's an experiment really now, it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Once I've gone 12/12 I'll know pretty quickly if she's going to respond or not....If she does, it could be a bumper one plant scrog yield....If not.....It's all part of growing man. :yep:

• Like 3

@Captain Bonglington

Recently a mate had an auto cream caramel from sweet seeds that wouldn't shift it's arse into gear, once he dropped to 12/12 it took off, turned out really well.

I reckon you are in for a hefty scrog session bud

atb

stu:oldtoker:

• Like 3

Nice to hear you have a plan and not all is lost :)

Can I ask is the Dinamex Auto showing ANY pre flowers?

Glad you are plowing though with a soild plan and if all goes well this is going to be a nice size plant come harvest.

As you have already started lst I agree this would make a great plant for scrogg :)

All the best 

Mark. 

• Like 1

just a thought.......plant looks like its certainly not lacking in owt. Might just be the photo but in the pic with natural light it looks hella dark green.

Too much N can be a flowering inhibitor generally speaking for flowers.

Often plants fed too much Nitrogen put on lots of vegative growth and little or even no flowers or delayed flowering.

Quite a common thing in the flower world, I dunno whether this is whats occurring here, like its been said, could just be a genetic throwback.

We try and push plants with lots of nitrogen to make them grow big during veg but from experience this isnt always productive to lots of flowers. Getting the best from my primroses and polyanths taught me this. 

My first two years running them they were all leaf, like a cabbage with a few clusters of flowers. These days they look like a 12" solid ball of flowers sat abrest a neat bed of leaves.

What ya feeding em mucker?

Certainly dont think the cold is hurting her as she would be locking shit out and showing hunger is it was to the point of delaying flowering

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

just a thought.......plant looks like its certainly not lacking in owt. Might just be the photo but in the pic with natural light it looks hella dark green.

Often plants fed too much Nitrogen put on lots of vegative growth and little or even no flowers or delayed flowering.

Quite a common thing in the flower world, I dunno whether this is whats occurring here, like its been said, could just be a genetic throwback.

We try and push plants with lots of nitrogen to make them grow big during veg but from experience this isnt always productive to lots of flowers. Getting the best from my primroses and polyanths taught me this. 

My first two years running them they were all leaf, like a cabbage with a few clusters of flowers. These days they look like a 12" solid ball of flowers sat abrest a neat bed of leaves.

Certainly dont think the cold is hurting her as she would be locking shit out and showing hunger is it was to the point of delaying flowering

This is definitely a possibility :)

As she is showing pre-flowers we know she is a lady just refusing to autoflower.  I do think this is a genetic throwback and what the breeding team told me it can happen but it is super rare :)

Glad you are plowing along and making the best from this issue. As u said we will replace this strain as it is not as advertised :)

I'm only a pm away mate :yep:

All the best 

Mark. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Yeah, that's something I'd considered mate. :yep:

Thing is, she is in a light mix, PM soil, and has only been on 2-4ml Fishmix, and a little bloom as she's got older.....she's not as dark as the photo might suggest, not to my eye at least! 

• Like 2