Dinamex auto

Captain Bonglington

I've a Dinamex auto in my drobe that I'm a little concerned about.

I'm on about day 30, and there's no sign of any pistils yet, other than a couple of tiny pre flowers.

I have another auto germed at the same time next to it that's well into flower.

I was wondering if the Dinamex auto is generally slow into flower, or if I have an environment issue to resolve, is it possible she's sensitive to slightly cold roots for example? :unsure:

Any advice much appreciated!

• Like 1

On 12/02/2017 at 1:14 PM, Captain Bonglington said:

I've a Dinamex auto in my drobe that I'm a little concerned about.

I'm on about day 30, and there's no sign of any pistils yet, other than a couple of tiny pre flowers.

I have another auto germed at the same time next to it that's well into flower.

I was wondering if the Dinamex auto is generally slow into flower, or if I have an environment issue to resolve, is it possible she's sensitive to slightly cold roots for example? :unsure:

Any advice much appreciated!

Hello, do you have any pictures that you can share then I can try my best to help you sort out the issue :)

You are correct that cold roots could be slowing down the bloom phase of the Dinamex Auto. She does have a 75-80 day finishing time so they have a good 6-7 more weeks to go.

Can I ask what is the other auto also being grown then I can look into flowering times and why the Dinamex Auto is lagging behind :)

All the best 

Mark. 

• Like 1

@Dinafem-Mark, thanks for your reply mate.:yep:

The other auto is a Dutch Passion Auto Mazar, I didn't want to mention a different breeder in the Dinafem thread, it's not my intention to play one off against the other.

I was a little surprised at how early the Mazar started to flower, day 15 probably, but the Dinamex seems way behind in terms of flowering, but growth is vigorous enough. I'd just expect to see a few pistils at least by now.

Here's a couple of dodgy pics......

large.58a1ebee8e6f7_MazarVDinamex.JPG

large.Dinamex.JPG

As you can see the Dinamex on the right and above is way behind....the light was left on for these shots, so they're not as yellow as they look.....lol

They're both on about day 30.

The 'mex looks like it wants to flower, but not a sign of it, apart from a little stretch. 

They're under 24 hours of light by the way.

Edited by Captain Bonglington
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Captain Bonglington said:

@Dinafem-Mark, thanks for your reply mate.:yep:

The other auto is a Dutch Passion Auto Mazar, I didn't want to mention a different breeder in the Dinafem thread, it's not my intention to play one off against the other.

I was a little surprised at how early the Mazar started to flower, day 15 probably, but the Dinamex seems way behind in terms of flowering, but growth is vigorous enough. I'd just expect to see a few pistils at least by now.

Here's a couple of dodgy pics......

large.58a1ebee8e6f7_MazarVDinamex.JPG

large.Dinamex.JPG

As you can see the Dinamex on the right and above is way behind....the light was left on for these shots, so they're not as yellow as they look.....lol

They're both on about day 30.

The 'mex looks like it wants to flower, but not a sign of it, apart from a little stretch. 

They're under 24 hours of light by the way.

Personally I'm going with our Dinamex Auto being a slightly slower flowering/developing strains compared to DP,s AutoMazar. I'm not 100% sure on the flowering times of AutoMazar but I think around 63-70 days so 9-10 weeks. Our Dinamex Auto can take slightly longer at 70-75 days. Not a great deal of difference but this could be the issue mate :yep:

Thank you for the added pictures it has made it easier to help :)

Please keep me posted on the progress mate :yep:

All the best 

Mark. 

• Like 2

Thanks @Dinafem-Mark :yep:

I've seen a couple of threads recently regarding various autos not flowering, and it seems to have coincided with winter, leading me to think that low root temps could slow or prevent flowering in some strains.

I'd say my root temps are very borderline, so I'm wondering if some strains are more susceptible than others.....:unsure:

I'll let you know what happens mate, thanks again.:yep:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Captain Bonglington said:

Thanks @Dinafem-Mark :yep:

I've seen a couple of threads recently regarding various autos not flowering, and it seems to have coincided with winter, leading me to think that low root temps could slow or prevent flowering in some strains.

I'd say my root temps are very borderline, so I'm wondering if some strains are more susceptible than others.....:unsure:

I'll let you know what happens mate, thanks again.:yep:

Yes some strains will be much more susceptible to the cold temps will definitely slow some strains down :yep:

Will check back in to see the process :)

Until then :oldtoker:

All the best 

Mark. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jumpin Jack said:

Beautiful looking autos..Did she start budding yet?

I to am also curious to see if this lady has finally started the bud stage :) I personally think she was just a slower flowering genetic and I'm sure she has started the flower stage by now :yep:

Hope all is well?

All the best 

Mark. 

@Dinafem-Mark, sorry mate, I've only just seen your posts.

No flowering as yet I'm afraid to say....day 40 odd now I think, still no sign of any pistils, just the odd pre flower showing.  Quite vigorous veg growth still. The Mazar is coming on nicely.

It's very odd. I've checked my root temps as best I could, I'm not sure that's the issue now....

My other thoughts are that I know I could have potted it up better....it stretched a fair bit in its first couple of days, my fault, so I had to bury the stem a fair bit. It's been growing on the piss a bit, I don't think it's rooted out it's 17 litre fabric pot properly.

Bizarre though, I don't know what I've done to it, unless it's just a genetic throwback towards photoperiod.

I'm tempted to go to 20/4 to see if it a bit of dark time stimulates flowering, but I don't want to create low lights off temps and cause a problem with the plant that is flowering.

It's strange. I'm going to give it another few days I think, and if I still see no sign of flowering she's going to be culled unfortunately..... :(

• Like 2

@Captain Bonglington

Mate you say she's had cold root temps and I'm seeing that it has affected the Mg take up a to be honest by looking at the photo, once that happens, N is also more difficult to absorb too, I'm inclined to think that this is having an impact on their maturation time and she's basically slowed up and that's why you are still waiting, personally I'd be trying to get that rootzone at sweet temps but a good misting with some epsoms (some seaweed  extract in there too) will help get Mg into them whilst the roots have locked it out and you'll be getting flowers soon ;)

Stick with this plant mate she looks like she'll pull well when she gets going :yep:

• Like 4

@botanics......I think you're spot on mate. 

Although the Mazar is flowering, I'd expect it to be filling the space a bit more. I think both plants are affected, it's just the Mazar is a little more tolerant. 

When the plants were in about week three or so we had that cold snap, I think my root development was slowed. I had some leaf curl which was resolved overnight by me turning my intake pipes away from the canopy, so that was my main error I think.

I saw hunger when I wouldn't really expect it, which is what made me think cold roots.....they do look a little mg deficient, I agree.

I don't have a soil probe, but I put the external sensor of  my thermometer under my fabric pots for a while and it read 22, so I 'm thinking root temps are ok now.....

They're up taking water ok, so they've had a good drink tonight, 4ml/l fishmix, and 2ml bloom.

I'm going to give them a foliar feed of Epsoms tomorrow, carefully on the Mazar, if at all.... I'll have to give them a few hours of dark after the spray too....

It does seem a shame to give up on her, let's see if I can bring her round..... :yep:

• Like 2

@botanics......I think you're spot on mate. 

Although the Mazar is flowering, I'd expect it to be filling the space a bit more. I think both plants are affected, it's just the Mazar is a little more tolerant. 

When the plants were in about week three or so we had that cold snap, I think my root development was slowed. I had some leaf curl which was resolved overnight by me turning my intake pipes away from the canopy, so that was my main error I think.

I saw hunger when I wouldn't really expect it, which is what made me think cold roots.....they do look a little mg deficient, I agree.

I don't have a soil probe, but I put the external sensor o  My thermometer under my fabric pots for a while and it read 22, so I 'm thinking root temps are ok now.....

They're up taking water ok, so they've had a good drink tonight, 4ml/l fishmix, and 2ml bloom.

I'm going to give them a foliar feed of Epsoms tomorrow, carefully on the Mazar, if at all.... I'll have to give them a few hours of dark after the spray too....

It does seem a shame to give up on her, let's see if I can bring her round..... :yep:

• Like 1

@Captain Bonglington

Yeah man that cold snap hit my girls a bit and has resulted in less of a flower show as a result, you're on this from reading the above Cpt and know your onions mate ;) definately don't give up on that Dinamex though, you've spent the time and energy on her so far so may as well let her go even if your potential yield is down it's still a return that you wouldn't get if outing before any bloom and somethings better than nothing really.

• Like 1

For 40 days in yes we should be seeing more vigorous flower from the Dinamex Auto but I agree with both you and @botanicsthis is genetics not liking the colder root temps, thus slowing down the plants development. 

You now sound to have the root temps up to a more manageable level hopefully this will help induce a more faster flowering phase :)

You have a good selection of feed for the plant to uptake, with the added Epsom foliar feed I would do this during lights of but not right as light are due to come on :)

I'll check back in on the next update to see if this lady has finally started the flower show :)

Until then thank you for the picture update mate much appreciated :oldtoker:

All the best 

Mark. 

• Like 2

Well, it's about day 50 ish now and still no flowers. :(

She had some love last weekend, she seems to have enjoyed her Epsoms. She's vegging really well, but still looks no closer to flowering than she did a few weeks ago. The Mazar looks to have three weeks left.....

large.plants.JPG

One outside the room so she looks less yellow....

large.plant1.JPG

@Dinafem-Mark, in your opinion what would be the odds of this Auto having a bit of a photoperiod moment?

I'm in a bit of a quandary with this really. The Mazar is coming on well, so I want to continue to give it 24/0. I've germed a Haze 2.0 too that you can see in the lights on pic, hiding under the 'mex, so i don't want to fuck with the light cycles of those, and I could do without humidity spikes, lower temps and mould at the moment.....

I'd like to flip the 'mex to 12/12 now just to see what happens......I'm tempted to make some sort of cover for it and try and kind of force flower it in the drobe. :yes:

I just don't know what to do with it now really!lol

• Like 2