The Ultimate Guide to making Cannabis Oil - Jeff Ditchfield

bartman

just thinking now

I guess a dehydrator would do it as well  eh :unsure:

Edited by gb1

15 hours ago, gb1 said:

just thinking now

I guess a dehydrator would do it as well  eh :unsure:

A dehydrator would  sure get bud bone dry but so would an extra week on the rack. Other chemical changes occur through correct drying/curing so best advice is not to rush. If time is on your side.

I very much doubt a dehydrator would be responsible for converting THC-A into THC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bartman said:

A dehydrator would  sure get bud bone dry but so would an extra week on the rack. Other chemical changes occur through correct drying/curing so best advice is not to rush. If time is on your side.

I very much doubt a dehydrator would be responsible for converting THC-A into THC.

if its  oil for meds I agree dry is best done the time it takes.

.no curing 

for smoking   cold is best and fresh is king!

if its dry inactive is now simply said to be active

heat just helps speed up the process of decarb..its not needed  and most do it to make sure their fresh herb is dry..

Edited by gb1

9 minutes ago, gb1 said:

if its for meds I agree dry is best done the time it takes.

.no curing though :)

Of course. If it is THC or CBD that you need.

But Im not too convinced it is so black and white.

A few years back I was lucky enough to get to try some oil made from 4 year cured outdoor grown in the Med. Master Kush.

That presumably should have been laden with CBN and low in THC.

Very little high but FANTASTIC pain relief.

I think curing does have an effect on the oil made from it but I'm no scientist.

• Like 3

can anyone who is good at wordy stuff put together a question for me for a radio station  .

i know what i wanna say but cannot get a decent enough question /statement together .

i need to link gm pharma in a question about medical cannabis .

On 5/20/2017 at 0:23 PM, bartman said:

Of course. If it is THC or CBD that you need.

But Im not too convinced it is so black and white.

A few years back I was lucky enough to get to try some oil made from 4 year cured outdoor grown in the Med. Master Kush.

That presumably should have been laden with CBN and low in THC.

Very little high but FANTASTIC pain relief.

I think curing does have an effect on the oil made from it but I'm no scientist.

just going by what I have been told and have done myself is all. So far stage three recurrent hasn't killed me.

not disagreeing

just that all the meds I make from old herb and outdoor as well..are not the same grade as compared to fresh..

Edited by gb1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, gb1 said:

So far stage three recurrent hasn't killed me.

:notworthy:

I've followed your threads with interest over the years @gb1  

• Like 1

reading what I wrote makes it seem like old or outdoor herb isn't as good for meds but thats far from what I believe

I used outdoor mostly for meds and started that way as well. I use in and outdoor now to .....switch it up!  

dont rightly know whats working so I  just keep doing .... :)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

quick question for anybody with knowledge

he has a hotplate there, could you not put it on a low temp and evaporate the alcohol off on this instead of the distiller?

if it was done outside

i will hopefully be doing this  to make the oil needed for a family member with cancer ( providing i get any crop ... first time and guerilla grow ) ... all seems a bit daunting the first time i would imagine ... i got the rice cookers etc ....  so  am i correct in saying that if you put the buds or trim in an oven on a low heat for a while, it  decarboxilates it before you start...  and that the rice cooker would do the rest ....   

sorry for the questions but im only going to get one shot at this and dont want to  make a mess of it

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, vortex said:

so  am i correct in saying that if you put the buds or trim in an oven on a low heat for a while, it  decarboxilates it before you start.

:yep:

120*C for 30mins 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, r3d said:

quick question for anybody with knowledge

he has a hotplate there, could you not put it on a low temp and evaporate the alcohol off on this instead of the distiller?

if it was done outside

as long as the bottom doesn't get to hot....if kept at or below 200F it should be ok as long as it is being watched.

the bubbles have to stop...that way you know its purged..

Edited by gb1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ive used a smart still for the last three oil runs.

My method...

put your popcorn buds, sweet leaf etc into a bucket chop them up as best as possible then cover the mix in Isoprpinol. mix this lot up for three minutes then tip into bubble bags.

the bubble bags are graded in hole size (microns?) this way you can recover the keif etc (with the last load I got loads - stardawg)

then once you have your green zombie juice i filter this with coffee  filters (this takes fuckin ages)

when its crystal clear then i put it into my smart still with the rashing rings that help stop the liquid boiling to recover the iso. Now this is the controversial part.....ive let my still switch off automatically 

then using an oil bath as a bainmarie so its easier to control your temp decaboxilated at 120 for about an hour (you will see the little bubbles stop appearing)

then whilst its still warm use blunt 5mm syringes to draw up the oil.

I know the THC levels are still good and high because ive tested it.

BiggA

Can anyone recommend what extraction fan is required for indoor evaporation? I've made oil outside before with no problems but where I live now is a densely populated area of terrace houses so no chance of getting away with it outside.

• 3 years later...