The Ultimate Guide to making Cannabis Oil - Jeff Ditchfield

bartman

is it worth pointing out that the extractor fan in the video is a laboratory grade extractor fan and not the same as the kitchen extractor you may have at home ?

the kind usually found in the home environment could easily ignite the vapour and cause serious burns, death and damage to property and loved ones in the vicinity

it's always best practice to do home extractions outside and away from all sources of possible ignition :)

• Like 30

I think i once ignited rso boiling off in a rice cooker with my fleece top.  

Something to think about. 

• Like 4

Made me cringe watching him turn on the food blender to rinse out the leftovers....not a good idea imo.

I for one would rather rosin 100g in small batches and would get a better return than 10/11g.  Not worth the bother, danger and equipment either.  If your going to invest this much in equipment to make oil you may as well make your own press and do away with the danger aspect.  Too many casualties already.  2p.

Edited by DomTong
  • Like 1

Any electrical device has to be watched as any spark from a motor will see you go up.... fans included...

outdoors is your best bet as was said.

making oil is cheap... :) and extremely easy, Best thing for treating cancer.

thanks Dan

Edited by gb1
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I would just like to point out that if your using the airstill from above and whilst evaporating the alcohol it finishes its cycle and switches off IT IS TO FUCKING LATE you must keep an eye on it and leave some alcohol left to finish the last stage...because thats how its made to look in the video once it switches off its done:wallbash:its done alright absolutely mullard

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

After the last f*ck up im nearly on the home straight on the next one. Its the third day of my epic oil making marathon and ive got about a litre in the distiller to boil off and then on to the hotplate to finish but i need to slip into town for some syringes first. Im using a 25ltr stainless steel olive oil container (fusti) and a 5 gallon gleaf 220 micron bag which i had to get from america as the uk doesnt do one that big and 15ltr's of iso. I started at 11 oclock with around 10kg of trim which came out of trimmer like the lazyboy (kindley donated) Which i did in 2 parts 5kg at a time, i didnt bother changing the iso after the first lot i just added more iso. It was a bit of a nightmare getting the bag back out so i think im gonna get a press a squeeze  as much as i can out next time which should make it easier getting the bag out. The only thing with so much trim is the amount of time filtering it i finished at about 10pm that eve and ended up with about 9ltrs. I then left it in the sun from the morning till about 3 oclock and then started to distill it which i finished last night at 12.30am. It will be very interesting to see what i end up with hopefully not a f*ck up

I gotta say danzig dont half make it look easy,, just holding it around 110c for an hour to decarb is no mean feat.. I found myself checking it every couple of minutes as it did hit 120c at one point,, so had to be on the case,, its been like a full time job for the last 3 days but all in all i think its worth it..I have around 110 grams in 4 syringes and few grams in another plus a teaspoon full and what ever i can scrap out of the 3ltr beaker

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

just about to make oil now with an ounce of bud using a rice cooker,first time i done it the oil turned out very thick basically like treacle with no chance of drawing it up into a syringe so i think i left it too long in the rice cooker before putting on to a coffee machine hot plate so im pretty worried this time round the rice cookers  get too hot though i now have a temp reader like in the vid to watch the heat,will the rice cooker be hitting above the 110 degrees that will destroy the thc etc. ?

that magnetic stirring device looks extremely nifty, didn't know a constant stirring was beneficial. might have to get one of those hot plates and stirring rods  but I think I'll be using them outside. All those electrical devices around would make me too nervous.

Those pyrex beakers too, ace they are looking

• Like 1

4 hours ago, reef3er said:

just about to make oil now with an ounce of bud using a rice cooker,first time i done it the oil turned out very thick basically like treacle with no chance of drawing it up into a syringe so i think i left it too long in the rice cooker before putting on to a coffee machine hot plate so im pretty worried this time round the rice cookers  get too hot though i now have a temp reader like in the vid to watch the heat,will the rice cooker be hitting above the 110 degrees that will destroy the thc etc. ?

Once youve boiled off most of the alcohol leave a little and finish it off on the warmer you have,, after its finished bubbling you then need to get it up between 105-110c for an hour to decarb it...i dont know if it will get that hot with the mug warmer tho...140c plus will destroy thc

Edited by ravsta

On Tue May 09 2017 at 10:31 PM, ravsta said:

Once youve boiled off most of the alcohol leave a little and finish it off on the warmer you have,, after its finished bubbling you then need to get it up between 105-110c for an hour to decarb it...i dont know if it will get that hot with the mug warmer tho...140c plus will destroy thc

Can decarbing not been done in the oven before boiling off the alcohol in rice cooker the same as you would making butter ? 

I usually decarb the flowers in the oven before making the oil. Also makes sure they are bone dry before extraction with alcohol.

• Like 1