Sweet wars: Attack of the clones

Highburyway

Hi to everyone reading this diary make yourselves comfortable and help yourself to the jars.

Must start by say a big thank you to sweet seeds and all the team for putting this great competion on. Also good luck to everyone who takes part I'll try and visit as many diaries as possible.

If you have ever followed some of my previous diaries you will have noticed I grow outdoors too.

After seeing many good reports of sweet seeds fv's in our climate they have my interest going forwards outdoors.

I will hopefully find some nice tasting frosty early finishers to put alot of clones outdoors this spring time.

The strains I have selected are:

Killer kush fv

Green poison fv

Cream mandarine fv

I put all 9 seeds into paper towel on 26th December and I had tap roots in 48hrs and they were placed into rapid rooters.

gallery_77690_14193_162549.jpg

They are currently under a 125w cfl in my veg tent. Growth is slow atm but getting a 300w cfl this week to speed it up in there a bit.

gallery_77690_14193_449679.jpg

My plan is to veg them another week in the rooters then 1.5ltr then 1gal root pouch to finish.

I will be flowering them in.

80cm by 160 tent

400w dual spec hps

6inch rvk with 6" rhino pro

1.5 str controller

I will be building a new V-scrog frame for them to flower under too. I do alot of scrog growing so I will also use this diary to refine my scrogging technique to try and improve on yields.

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Edited by Highburyway
  • Like 12

The v scrog sounds interesting. Good luck!

Thanks for the interest pal.

It's something I've been mulling over to get bigger buds from the corners of the scrog. Plus having it v-scrog will increase my grow surface area to maximise. I see yield hopefully.

• Like 3

an interesting start and a great idea to maximise the space ,gonna be a good one this ..best of luck chap

• Like 3

i like your coice of fv seeeds, really interested in the KK and CM, they all look raring to go

this scrog should be worth the watching as i like to do it aswell but not great at it, hopefully i'll pick up a few tips along the way.

starting a diary for this comp as soon as i get my seeds, first diary.

anyway good luck mate, should be interesting

• Like 4

hey bro, good to see you in the competition :) I will be watching with interest, the fast versions sound the business for short season outdoors. hope you find something you like for future outdoor growing ;) all the best

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Nice start mate. See more and more of the Fast Versions. Very interested in Green Poison too, one on the list of plants to do this year.

Hope veg is kind to you mate. 

ATB.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for not getting back to everyone @GreenVision @Jaypp @Tommy @rabtherabthegrower @grotbags @lukio @r3d @vincenoir rock n roll star @Hiphip @Teeth 

Right then a little catch up.

As per I popped too many seeds for my space, so it got pretty tight for a while and these were kept under a 125w cfl with no heating for too long.

Also had thrips in the veg space which was a pain in the arse.

One of the killer kush fv had to be culled it grew strange from sprouting with mottled leafs from which it never grew out of.

large.20170220_171924-1280x960.jpg

This was taken 1 week ago when they were placed into their flower room.

I will get a current shot up later.

For those that wanted to see the v-scrog

large.20170225_103349-1200x1600.jpg

I started with a little rectangular box 400mm x 770mm

large.20170225_110817-1280x960.jpg

large.20170226_102418-1024x1365.jpglarge.20170226_102458-1024x1365.jpg

Those 4 bits of wood are used as legs to support the frame and my weight when I lean on it to reach the back plants.

Going to be regular updates from now as I flip to flower in 24-48hrs

Have a nice Sunday everyone

• Like 10