Kiminals Sweet Seeds Competition Diary Part 2

assault and battery

Hi Kiminal!

Looking good. That's a nice and beautiful jungle that you've got there :D

Keep it up and sweet smokes :yep:

tommy

• Like 2

just occurred to me ive done the same plants in the past ,it wont be long and the leaves on the purple one will look absolutely battered but whatever you do dont pull em off it will affect the overal yield ,let them drop off naturally ..your gonna love the purpleness of the buds when they fatten ..sort of wish id chosen a dark one as well .

• Like 4

Sorry for the lack of update, it's school holidays and family drama all round, sadly I'm hitting some big problems in the grow 

This is tearing through my dark devils, the deeply coloured one is more effected, I've pinched a leaf for now but will try to find a quiet half-hour tomorrow to get proper pictures of the whole plants. 

I've fed 1ml cal.mag, 2 ml bloom. Nothing else for last two feeds. What have I done??

large.image.jpeg

It's travelling fast up the three devils, the blow minds have a touch but not like this. 

I'm thinking calcium deficiency??but caused by what? My root temps are stable, I've definitely stuck to my wet/dry, although shockingly they got a bit too dry before the last watering yesterday. 

I wondered if a low dose of nitrozyme to flush through might help the root zone? 

What ever it is I need to act fast. Any advice appreciated. I'm panicking like a Mo  Fo 

• Like 2

Hi Kim it could be a number of things looks like mag def but may of been the little dry spell?   Try upin it to 2ml per litre and see how they respond! 

Also are you using grow feed with the bloom? 

Hope this helps 

M

Edited by m99
  • Like 3

@m99

thank you you for replying, I think you are right, they do need a feed of nitrogen, I was so pancaked last night I went to bed thinking all sorts was wrong, I need to calm the hell down and get a grip!  Of all the elements involved in growing, feeding is the one I struggle with most. 

• Like 2

I take it that's a new bottle of old timers? I think a lot a struggling with mag cal issues with the new stuff looking back at the pic looks like mag but won't harm them adding n just to be sure :yep: 

• Like 2

Yes it is a new bottle of OT -  I've struggled with mag previously, and have been adding cal mag which usually keeps it under control, never eradicates it completely but I did read about LED users suffering more from cal/mag issues, so half expected it. 

Once I've finished this bottle, I'm jumping ship on my nutes. I like the "organic" tag of plant magic and biobizz, but I'm not sure if want to continue with them, if I do I'll go back to just biobizz, but I've been looking at non organic bottled nutes such as growers arc, although when I previously grew in coco I found hesi nutes to be really good for me. 

Its a a big dilemma for me, if I stop using the organic (ish) nutes then I may as well go back to coco I suppose. I hate ph'ing though lol 

anyway, back to topic, I can't decide if should wait for them to dry out a bit or just  get stuck in and flush through with new feed - I'm guessing they're wet anyway, they'll recover better from a bit of over watering than if I leave them starving. 

• Like 1

@Kiminal sorry to see your having issues.I use biobizz so cant be 100% with your OT but with biobizz  you have to continue with Grow the whole way.So If you haven't been giving them grow with bloom I'd give them a feed of that especially in light mix as it has hardly anything nute wise in it.You need to keep giving it to them all the way through with the Bloom then tapering down to flushing time if you flush.

Biobizz is simple really and if you start with they're compost then it's all designed to complement each other PH wise.

Hope you get sorted.

• Like 3

@Kiminal I've noticed several people having had there water tested showed seriously low Mag. I've seen similar looking leaves and have been using Epsom salts to re balance. GA offer the testing service apparently, I'm trying to get a hold of them for this myself . :oldtoker:

@Breezus

I think that's a good idea. I've had my suspicions about our water, we moved here a year ago and I've suffered ever since, initially I put it down to setting up a new environment and my lack of knowledge but I'm sstarting to wonder. 

@Badbadger

I'm going full biobizz from now on. I'm ordering it all right now. I do have a bag of epsoms salts, I thought using the cal mag would mean I could leave it out though but considering the water here is hard, maybe I'd be better using just the mag and let the tap supply the calcium. 

Im kicking myself for not adding some grow last feed to be honest. What a knob, I'm blaming this cream mandarine - it's the strongest green I've smoked in years, I love it but it's ruining me. 

Shouldn't complain really :) 

• Like 2

A quick pic update of a few of the girls, until I get time to do a proper job.

Dark Devil, showing a little colour in her buds, very pretty. 

large.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeg

The really colourful Devil looking hungry but a real beast! She's an odd shape but she's really going for it. She's still my favourite 

large.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeg

And one of the untrained, but well tucked blow minds, her main cola is off to one side from my constant bending, it's helped create quite a nice flat canopy so far. I might open her up a bit though with ties. 

large.image.jpeg

A proper detailed entry to follow at the weekend ;) 

• Like 7