SeventyThree

Day19 veg

While time allows best get the main groom/system setup done and out the way.

I started with upturned 7.5ltr pots (+cutout's to allow for return pipework).

These are used to sit 5ltr tub's on top of and allow return to a 10ltr nutes bucket that sits lower in the centre of the groom.

A hole is cut into the lid of the 5ltr tubs to hold the potnoodle.

Before putting together though, 6x 10mm holes are drilled into the potnoodles @ 10mm below the 50mm net pots level.

This maintains a constant supply of fresh nutes (3inch's all in all in the pots, wow lol). Like Vince once said, "Not so much a DWC setup but more of a SWC".

Added a small heater, water pump and 8way manifold to the nutes bucket to supply the girls. (Checking temps reg over next day or two, see if and at what setting the heater might need to be on).

Fixed back the Airpump/bubbler rings into potnoodles and that's about it for now, just reg checking to do.

(Have already tested system for leaks and all seems okay).

The girls are now sitting under the 600w mh bulb

Nutes @ 1.1E.C and a Ph of 6.0

Temps given at 20.4 (slightly higher than normal but as i check the system for temps it will allow for things if the nutes temps drop, giving me a bit of time to sort heating)

gallery_52333_11572_513239.jpg

Peace :hippy:

that's amazing man, how ingenious are you ;) its fantastic to see you having so much fun growing :)

More necessity than genius my friend, but I'll take it lol.

I know why i love growing so much now and it took years to figure out but if i was to post up why, most would think i was nuts lol

Moho, u have excellent style. Looking proper good in there.

I would compare my style to, "Aaah, Hmmm", Mr Bean lol .

Thanks Irishgirl but I think it may be all down to slight ocd ehe

Day22 veg

Last night must of been proper chilly, Checking the nute temps first thing this morning and I'm looking at 13.8c on the temp gun, tut tut weather :nono:

Checking things daily upto now I've not needed to put the water heater on as temps were nice and stable at around 20.8c, It's going on now :D , right now.

Just done a change of nutes and I've not spotted any yellow tips or overly green leaf's from the feed given at 1.4EC.

So instead of a lower feed like the last I'm going to up it to E.C 1.3.

The chill is having the leafs looking a bit droopy but can't do much about that now, Just got to wait for the bath to warm up and see whats what over next few days.

gallery_52333_11572_176650.jpg

On a good note though, The roots are coming on a bit now :guitar:

gallery_52333_11572_193869.jpg

p.s In the first pic (bottom right), is a J47.

A bit behind she is so I've started off the leftover IceCool bean to do a poss swap.

getting excited for this ..they gonna explode with growth any day now chap as you well know

• Like 2

Oops, I meant Mojo, not moho lol. Whatever it is, OCD r whatever its looking good in there with lovely clean, white roots. Keep the good work up lol.

• Like 2

I don't want to do a diary now iv seen all this, looks like I might be getting Vince's knob award at this early stage. In all seriousness, cracking grow setup you got there, i wanna see the yield from this!

• Like 2

getting excited for this ..they gonna explode with growth any day now chap as you well know

Would be nice but might of been held back a wee bit with the cold, hugh knows though.

:shock: Amazing DIY setup!

Keep it up my friend!! :clapping::clapping:

Thanks for showing all your grow with extra details :wink_kiss:

Jaypp

No worries mate.

I don't want to do a diary now iv seen all this, looks like I might be getting Vince's knob award at this early stage. In all seriousness, cracking grow setup you got there, i wanna see the yield from this!

lol, The comp is judged on many factors.

Aye, Can't wait to see the results meself. Hope it's an improvement on the 73g's but I'm an optimist so will be happy with whatever they throw lol

Cool set-up , man ;)

Thanks bear, will put up a best-as price list in a mo.

I wanted an outa the box system really but the prices are just way out of my means.

Thanks guys

System shopping list...

1. 7.5ltr Pot x8 = £5.60

2. 5ltr Tub and lids x8 =£9.45

3. 10mm Grommet x8 =£4.00

4. 10mm Elbow x8 =£4.00

5. Flexible tube (10mm inner) x8mtr's = £9.60

6. 50mm Net pot x8 =£0.80

7. Kingsize potnoodle x8 =£10.56

8. Corex board (from nft 205gt size) x1 =£2.50

9. 10ltr Bucket x1 =£2.69

10. Water pump 320 l/hr + 45cm lift x1 =£12.99

11. 10mm Standard tube (fix manifold to pump) x1mtr =£0.40

12. 8way manifold x1 =£2.25

13. Manifold Tee x1 =£1.25

14. Flexi dripper line 4mm x8mtr =£2.80

15. Water heater 50w x1 =£21.99

16. Air pump (4way) x1 =£20.00

17. (blue) Airline 4mm x10mtr's =£5.00

18. Airline Tee x12 =£3.60

19. Bubbler line x1mtr =£1.00

Total =£120.48

I think that's about it,

thought I'd put it up for a very rough guide for anyone thinking of going the DIY route instead of paying flipping extortion prices for some systems I've seen.

p.s forgot, You'll need your ec/ph probes and nutes on top of this

Edited by mygreenmojo

They look very nice, cheers for the list of parts and showing the diy bit... Just one question what is the devise with the screen in the last pic you have ?? :oldtoker:

The device, That's a gopro hero cam mate.

I thought I'd have a go at making a vid but as i test it out, it's not going to plan lol.

It all started when i had to flog my Gavita 1kw ballast before this grow, This freed up funds to finish the system off and get the go-pro.

Really i needed a ballast now instead like but dug out an old mechanical 600watter that had been in a wheely bin at the bottom of the garden for around Two years lol

Opened that baby up, made sure it was okay to fire up, and to my wonder it runs fine :rockon:

And herein lies the problem with the vid footage I'm looking at, 'Lots of wavey lines due to the interference'.

No good for a vid at all, Have to laugh though because i forgot it was to get better picture's in the first place that i switched to electronic ballasts way back :russian: .

Oh well never mind :oldtoker: