Dinafem Auto Blue Kush under a Mars 300

Jimmyarm

Thanks @@Exile420 =)

It was more that the leaves were a little droopy that was concerning.

I need to sort out the heating anyway as I haven't got the fan and filter yet.

My original plan was to fold a single electric blanket over and use that as it would fit nicely on the base but pretty much everything I looked at said 'do not use folded' so a heat mat on top of a paving slab seems like the way forward.

• Like 1

Seedling stage aswell mate you don't need to completely soak the pot, I use a medicine syringe and only use half the syringe to water my youngsters, I do it for the first 2 weeks :yep:

Yeah get your extraction sorted a.s.a.p you should be able to a clip on fan for fiver mate..

Atb

• Like 1

Good point, I knew I was not going to be about much over the last few days so gave her a big drink Xmas Eve.

I meant to go shopping today for a little fan but had a rather excessive amount to drink yesterday :(

• Like 2

So temps have definately been an issue this week ! Been busy like a bee until last night when I checked on her properly and night time temps have been hitting 16c !

Here she is looking a little sad, the pot was bone dry so she has had a little drink with a pinprick of maxicrop seaweed juice.

gallery_64967_14122_547553.jpg

As I racked my brain past night I thought I know I could get a little oil rad and put that in there until I can get a heat mat and thermostat.

The oil rad would be a temporary solution though and hopefully wouldnt fit once she gets bigger lol

Then this morning I realised I could just pop to the pet store and get a vivarium mat and thermostat, they are essentially the same things (hopefully) !

The wires need tidying up but here is the mat in place. I used a 450mm paving slab for some thermal mass under the mat.

gallery_64967_14122_326470.jpg

Will also be placing an order today for the extraction and nutes.

I've decided to give the bio bizz fish mix and bloom a go after hours of reading. I am getting a bit of free top max as well so can have a play with that.

Now the plant is sorted I can fix both our broken toilets, tidy the house and have a bong. Probably not in that order though lol

Happy New Year !

Edited by Jimmyarm
  • Like 2

Heat mat is working a treat, night time temps stayed above 20c but ambient is up slightly.

The paving slab is slightly warm to to touch so seems to be doing its job thumbsup

More importantly the ABK looked much perkier this morning and the first set of 5 bladed leaves are pushing through.

gallery_64967_14122_609898.jpg

Lots of nice roots showing :)

gallery_64967_14122_118169.jpg

• Like 4

Wrap the pot in bubble wrap. This will hep you mate., give it a few layers. Nice winter coat. Tidy setup bro good luck!

• Like 2

@@crticalcontent - I have a bit knocking about that I was going to put around the big bucket when it goes in. I've been monitoring the soil temps since the mat went in and she is keeping toasty without anything else for now, I think the slab underneath is really helping so I might not need it on the bucket either :thumsup:

Todays shots are from my SLR rather than a phone. Finally sorted my 'office' out so I can get to the desk etc so hopefully pic quality should go up a tad once I remember how to do it all :)

More depressing news is the gas/electric bill was in my email, that has wiped all my funds for this month out :( Extraction will have to wait a little while longer.

Anyway pics :oldtoker:

gallery_64967_14122_305383.jpg

gallery_64967_14122_663199.jpg

I forgot how much easier it is to post on a proper desktop, been using my phone from the start of the diary ! :clown:

Edited by Jimmyarm
  • Like 2

Now that the Temps are back under control she is a very healthy looking lady :)

Can I ask just 1 question mate?

As this is an autoflowering strain why have you decided on a small pot to start then a potting up? We have found that autos respond the best when started of in your finish pot :) also what size pots will you be finishing this lady of in? About 6.5l-11l?

Thank you for the continued picture updates very much appreciated and keep up the great work!

Until the next update :oldtoker:

All the best

Mark.

@@Dinafem-Mark

Thanks for the kind comments :)

I am following BlackpoolBouncers method as closely as possible, I belive he starts them off in a little pot and once established (2 weeks iirc) they go into the big bucket.

Its a bright orange bucket for the final pot, about 11 litres of soil.

Looking at the root mass forming at the holes of the pot I reckon she will be ready for the final pot this weekend.

There is another reason for using the little pot, I can only fit 1 big bucket in there ! Using the little pot hopefully will mean I can start the next one a couple of weeks before this one is ripe :)

• Like 2

@@Dinafem-Mark

Thanks for the kind comments :)

I am following BlackpoolBouncers method as closely as possible, I belive he starts them off in a little pot and once established (2 weeks iirc) they go into the big bucket.

Its a bright orange bucket for the final pot, about 11 litres of soil.

Looking at the root mass forming at the holes of the pot I reckon she will be ready for the final pot this weekend.

There is another reason for using the little pot, I can only fit 1 big bucket in there ! Using the little pot hopefully will mean I can start the next one a couple of weeks before this one is ripe :)

This should work out very well mate @@blackpoolbouncer has got these autos down to a tee . The only advice I would give is to not let the plant get root bound in the smaller pot as in our experience this can start the flower phase of :) and we want to get as much growth as possible before she started to bloom to get you the best harvest 🖒

Until next time :oldtoker:

All the best

Mark.

• Like 2

@@Dinafem-Mark

Just checked the 'bible' and he pots up at about ten days !

Will pull her out later and have a check of the root structure, I have everything ready to go so will pot her up tonight to prevent any stunting :)

• Like 1

10 days sounds about right mate :) Once potted up into that 11l pot she will really take off :)

I'll be back in on the next update until then :oldtoker:

All the best

Mark.

Well got home and went out to check her, it's blinking freezing round here :)

Definately time to pot her up, the roots are all around the pot. She has grown much faster than anticipated, I thought the low temps would have slowed her down a bit !

Couple of pics, the soil is blinking freezing so I have put it in to warm up before transfer her over in an hour two;

gallery_64967_14122_689824.jpg

gallery_64967_14122_723647.jpg

Sorry about the wierd processing, am playing around with photoshop trying to get it to work :D

• Like 1

Good call mate on letting the soil come to growroom temperature this will definitely help reduce the stress from potting up :)

They are really going to appreciated that extra room to spread those roots. Then they will kick into a vigorous growth phase :)

Thank you for the picture update mate much appreciated and keep up the great work!

Until the next update :oldtoker:

All the best

D-M.