Prophet - Sweet Seeds Competition - 150W Budbox Diary

Prophet

Hello Everyone! Thanks for stopping by

Firstly a big muchas gracias to Jay & Tommy for organizing the competition and sending out the beans. It's much appreciated. I'm no stranger to Sweet Seeds and have been growing their seeds for the last two years. I've tried Cream Caramel, Green Poison and am still working my way through a box of Black-Jack. Why Sweet Seeds? I found the website easy to navigate (and i enjoy practicing my Spanish), the prices are reasonable and the shipping very fast. The beans themselves are well packed with a nice glossy catalogue.

For my grow i chose three predominantly Indica strains, mainly due to my grow-space size restrictions:

Height - 65cm

Width - 35cm

Depth - 60cm

So unfortunately spidery Sativas are a no-go for me. Onto the beans:

20161213 184026

I've elected for Cream Caramel F1 (my favourite), Sweet Afghani F1 (only ever really smoked European strains) and Mohan Ram (just to try something different). All are heavy Indica.

20161213 184312

20161213 184506

20161213 184402

Onto the grow space. As per the title it's a mini bud-box. I use a 150w HPS & 40mm fan/filter. Nutes are simply seaweed extract. I like to keep things very simple . . .

20160811 121549

20160811 121610

20160811 121720

20160811 133513

Clearly i'm not going to be breaking any records with size of harvest but i'm hoping i can produce some nice, bulky, bonsai plants. My best harvest so far was 2.3oz from two plants. So that's what i'm out to beat!
I'll be cracking the three Cream Caramel first and keeping the two strongest seedlings. Pics to follow as well as a weekly update :)
  • Like 19

Looking forward to some updates, is there a way to follow this post to keep updated? Good luck with your grow mate

At the top of the page 'follow this topic'.

Cheers guys :)

• Like 3

Great start to your grow mate good luck with it and hope you break your record this time.Love the Diy aspect of growing it's the only way I can do it and love to see some good thinking going on.

Only thing that seems a bit of a shame is to throw away the one seedling that you think is weakest so early on could you not find a home for your lone bean or just start 2 instead? but be ready to pop an emergency bean if you have a fail.If you are going to do that with each pack on 3 grows you'll basically be throwing out 1 whole pack of Sweet Seeds finest and feels a bit of a waste bud.

I know many people do it like that with they're seedlings and grows for many reasons but these seeds are a gift and seems a shame when we all know the runt of the pack can grow out to knock your socks off and smell worse.

• Like 4

nice set up bro. i like sweat seeds barny farm and Dutch passion.

always best buy from good seeds company, there to many seeds company now but i just stick to what i know.

sub you grow. :oldtoker::pimp:

• Like 4

@@Badbadger i grow two at a time so need the strongest two :(. If it were spring id take one and stick it outside somewhere but this time of year its not going to work. Believe me i hate waste too :)

• Like 3

@@Badbadger i grow two at a time so need the strongest two :(. If it were spring id take one and stick it outside somewhere but this time of year its not going to work. Believe me i hate waste too :)

i dare not grow outside mate. really not safe around my place if i dont get robed the pigs will get me. lol.

• Like 3

i reckon this is the dark horse of the competition ,gonna be a doozy ,best of luck prophet ..

• Like 5

good luck on this one @@Prophet and i truely hope you smash your record :yep: ever thought about going over to CMH? im using the 150w CMH and highly recommend them plus they run a tad cooler hps.

atb dude

coys :smokin:

• Like 4

Cheers Prophet!

Welcome to the competition ;)

It is very nice to see you sharing this diary. I'm also a lover of micro-grows so I'll follow this one with a special attention :yep:

All the best and sweet diary!

tommy

• Like 5