Alan Watts

Davey Jones

So for the past year or so I have listened to what can only be described as 'shit loads' of Alan Watts lectures and I was wondering if there are many fellow UK420'ers who find this guy and his material amazing?

Its not just his voice and wit or the way he makes you consider things from a perspective you would never of thought of his teachings I have found are almost life changing. I deal with a fair number of people on a daily basis and its amazing how often conversations can benefit from his words and thoughts

Living in this part of the world means that we all have had Christianity rammed down our throats, Mr Watts has all the facts and he educates you to quite a high level until you can see all religions had the same message and how its been corrupted by men for the purpose of power. Its amazing how many hardcore bible bashers are totally unaware of the facts

He covers so much ground from science and spirituality to Zen, anxiety issues and mindcontrol to insights about the future of humanity

Theres far too much to talk about in a single post

:yinyang:

Edited by Davey Jones
  • Like 19

until you can see all religions had the same message and how its been corrupted by men for the purpose of power

Very true. The overthrow of the Goddess had far reaching ramifications. We used to worship under open skies :yep:

Cheers :smokin:

• Like 10

Honestly guys his teachings were amazing, you just have to sift through it some people find certain concepts boring and others find them life changing I suppose it depends on where you are in life

Maybe I am just a weirdo though that is a possibility

Edited by Davey Jones
  • Like 5

Alan Watts True words of wisdom that make your brain tingle. It might have been him that gave me the idea that I am what the whole universe is doing at this place in time and space. One Love.

• Like 1

I am what the whole universe is doing

The universe is doing you like the ocean does a wave

Sounds wacky until you realise its absolutely true

• Like 2

Guest Default Attribute

Been into Alan Watts for a few years now, he is amazing I love listening to his lectures when I am struggling to cope sometimes he really puts some things into perspective.

lol

Me too @@chronic1 me too!

I have found tripping and Alan just go hand in hand, his teachings on Zen are especially amazing once over I would of been like Zen WTF use is that shit its not related to me and my life whatsoever but the things he says just resonate and they make sense 100%, living in the moment, grooving with the eternal now

Its the science stuff that hits me the hardest, I love science its amazing just look at how far its brought us since the age of enlightement, it depends on where you are and what your interests are as to what you like best but listening to Alan Watts during a trip made me realise about the whole Schrodinger equation

the Schrodinger equation models everything from a single atom to the entire universe, the big bang itself is a 3d wave and we are all therforet expressions of the same equation, all lumped together beautifully

Science is broken you dont need to be a scientist to see it, scientists all over the world are working tirelessly to try and figure it out, look at the LHC and the Higgs Boson look at the money they are spending (for good reason too) all trying to write God out of the picture

Psychedelic enlightenment is to laugh the hardest laugh you ever known and feeling like your privvy to knowledge few know or understand because the fact anything exists is very strange indeed and the whole thing needs what we call God to make it work, you could try for a million years to come up withy a way to write God out its the ultimate joke

God isnt a bloke on a cloud judging you its more akin to a force that permeates everything, the same God Shrodinger proved and many great minds beleived in, its pantheism it gets even funnier when you realise OMFG pantheism ties right back into the whole quantum mechanics and the observer collapsing the wave function

ye just fukin Wow man!!!

I will leave it there before you all think I have cracked up!, honestly I havent!!!! I have never been as grounded in my entire life

There was a young man who said, "God
Must think it exceedingly odd
If he finds that this tree
Continues to be
When there's no one about in the Quad."

Dear Sir:
Your astonishment's odd:
I am always about in the Quad.
And that's why the tree
Will continue to be,
Since observed by
Yours faithfully,
GOD.

• Like 3

@@Davey Jones

Well mate, I'd not even heard of the guy until the recent vid you'd put up and then listeming to it, indeed a very interesting mind and grateful to you for opening up his thinking to me :yep:

• Like 2

That was a good video @@botanics, see how diverse his talks are from Jesus to cosmology!

I like the Jesus stuff a lot as it gives me ammo to counteract the Christianity stuff people try and ram down your throat and since before you can even remember too.

Alan hated the bible he called it the most dangerous book ever written however I think he liked Jesus!, he talks about him a lot and is a time served expert in the matter.

Its good to know Jesus had the same message as did Buddha and knowing the year the king James bible was written its all good educational knowledge that (what seems to me) not that many Christians know

Theres a couple of people I work with who I consider friends and they are life long Christians from religious backgrounds (they dont really believe) and we have really good discussions, we all love open minded discussions, all in the knowledge we can never know for sure anyway so it really is all good fun. Christianity doesnt gear them up for arguing their case and like Alan Watts says even the Pope doesnt believe what he is teaching, humans are naturally geared to beleiving the fully automatic model

• Like 3

@@Davey Jones

I like Jesus mate, I respect him, respect his strength and resolve, his spirit and his enlightened thinking, his message has earned that respect, not the bible, not the words that others say he said but the principles, the fact he wouldn't bend and bow to a narcasstic cunt, which really is all he would have had to do, no he stuck up the vicks and took the worst of pain and punishment for doing so. To me that is a strength of mind I could only wish to have and definately a mind that commands respect, yeah I look up to Jesus but I'm no 'Christian' or follower of religion.

I've often said that Jesus was a Marxist and nowadays would have had the same treatment and vilification by the vested interests, indeed imagine what J Edgar Hoover would have made of him and his thinking, yet many of these same vested interests, will attend a meeting in a posh building, some even have funny handshake clubs with 'Christ' at it's core and they shout from the rooftops their 'christian values'...shit look out great dictator in number 10 and her recent revelations about the motivating force behind her words, yet her actions are pure hypocracy and she is but a puppet of her lords and masters.

From the video, I could see that Alan Watts is of 'free' thought, no wonder he had respect for Jesus, he is of a similar vein and will have recognised it in him for sure, Jesus was one of the greatest 'thinkers' this planet has ever known, yet the idiots have built an entire system of control upon his message :doh:

• Like 6

im fond of him too, he has a nice temprement and his eloquence is particularly pleasing. It helps alot when delving into the particular areas he goes into and at times i forget he's in the 70's saying this shit, not much has moved, not so many thinkers have arisen in the time or its applied very differently. He's a man of my heart, the placement of value in thought, which i regard as the highest form of science and the most difficult, very few are good at it. Thought looking at thought, the calmness to know when an idea is real even if it far removed from your own time, imagine trying to discuss the idea of atoms 2000 years ago when there are massive language barriers and the ability to validate such thoughts are millenia away, yet still they persist.

• Like 5