Forest Dream

Listed as a new strain for DP in 2015

Sativa dom, fem

I think this variety deserves a thread of its own. Its done well in my guerrilla plot this summer with very little attention. Because it was hard to get to and I was more interested in other plants I didn't give the Dreams much notice till they flowered.

It's listed as an indoor / outdoor so I took cuts to veg and flower under lights. Currently at about week 6 of 12/12. Indoors medium height.

gallery_96585_13372_43901.jpg

The DP catalogue gives a warning that the Dream may be mold sensetive at the end of flower but I found it not to be in my sunny outland plot, no more than specks.

Grew out a 3 pack. One plant is still growing well in a shady spot, two plants mostly cropped and drying.

They got water logged in coco pots and suffered some in early veg but soon shrugged it off and did fine on their own in the wild.

gallery_96585_13372_118366.jpg

These plants were not trained as well as they should have been, even so they looked hardy and grew very bushy. One plant split in 2 but carried on regardless. Good yield of some prime bud.

gallery_96585_13372_83272.jpg

In the last days of flower, the Dreams turned slightly red, very lovely, and produce an amazing floral scent, my best yet. The indoor blooms also the same exquisite scent.

Really looking forward to smoking some soon.

Grear relief to harvest this plot because it's right next to a rough sleeper camp which was occuppied on and off all summer a few yards away. It was great to break through the barrier and enter my plot without crawling into it. Success !

I had a couple of these last year, one was actually a huge male and pollinated my entire grow. I have a Durban x Forest dream out now, looks great. The female i did get last year didn't mature due to the crap summer and pollination but the smell after a month or two in the jars was amazing, you wait for it! and the high from this green was really uplifting and smile inducing, quite a bland taste but the high is up there with the best I've done. Yours look like they were done nicely and should be an absolutely top smoke! i don't have a clue what this strain is but I'm guessing something sativa x frisian dew

Hi @@Geo 1 sounds like you might have made some good seeds there ! Durban/Dream

I fancy growing some Durbans next summer. Cheers on the smoke review. Early smoke test here on the Dream is promising. Yeah, smile inducing and high, jarred a week only.

I've been really impressed by the quality of all of the prime buds of my outdoor plants. The buds are as good as anything I've grown under lights in the last year and I can't tell them apart easily. The outdoor seems at least as strong and it's not even cured yet.

Yeah I wonderered about the ancestry of the Dream. Let's find out.

Below, the rooted cutting I took from the strongest outdoor Dream.

It was topped and then trained in mainline style. My first attempt at this technique and its worked, I like it and have done the same on some other clones for a new grow indoors.

gallery_96585_13372_420229.jpg

This plant was vegged about 7 weeks. Its under 600w hps in 6l compo.Day 35 of 12/12

The training has made a nice number of even sized branches, same plant below.

Presently on feed 6.5 mils per litre Canna Flores, ec 1.6

Watered and fed up to 2 litres every second day. Medium good buddage compared to the rest of the mix in the grow.

In a mixed grow, has shown no probs, growing well in my environment

gallery_96585_13372_557070.jpg

Same Forest Dream cutting in veg training

This is the third and last of my Forest Dreams, grown in shade in a local authourity recycling box . She's about 3ft high only and had 3 primary colas removed days ago. Only a few hours of direct sun per day.

The smaller buds have swelled since then and I'll cut the rest today. Love the autumn colours. I wanted to see if it was worth trying a grow in a secondary site. I reckon it's worth doing if that's all you have because there must be an ounce dry from the plant.

gallery_96585_12486_298976.jpg

My indoor Forest Dream is bushy and doing well, likes her feed from veg to full bud. Has now had a last feed and on fresh water only until November 8th or near for chop.

Very nice smoke and great buds coming fom the outdoor jars, sublime early high

• 3 weeks later...

gallery_96585_13372_144238.jpg

The indoor Dream is partly cropped now. The colours of buds and leaves darkened with full maturity. The indoor clone has made very good bud, mostly prime, plenty of crystal, all cloudy, some ambered.

gallery_96585_13372_253139.jpg

In my grow this has been a good strong plant outdoors all summer which finished well. Indoors has been solid, not afraid of feed at average levels and some more.

Smoking the outdoor bud

Test drive

Tastes a bit like the little celophane wrapped biscuits you often get with a cup of coffee at the shops, neutral to sweet, nutty, seseme

cararmel notes. Pleasant flavour, not strong tasteing or smell atm, has been jarred about 2 weeks only.

Good high ! My first smoke.... it's not too stony so I'm hoping this might be a good for day time, I dont think its stinking the place out which is always a consideration for me.

On reflection... quite strong, I will keep this in the jar until 4.20 or wine o clock. It's high and getting higher, I nearly took an early morning white out half way down the 2nd spliff.

This is a good plant especially in a mix of outdoor vars. Medium bud producer, cuts root easy, resilient, no mold probs despite warnings in DP advice in catalogue.

The prime buds on the main colas are very good quality and look as good as, or better than prime indoor bud. I like the way they darken to let you know they're nearly ready.

When the indoor plant is dried and cured in a few weeks, I will attempt a comparative review.

Meantime, @@DutchPassionTony, what is the background story to the Forest Dream, something epic ?

lovely blooms again, thanks mate !

Sweet looking bud man! Thanks for the smoke report!

Them blue hues, fantastic autodog........... she looks right terpy and heavy with trichs........... celophane buiscuits :) do you know, i know exackly what you mean.......... proper danko punchy terps and heady high, you can work with. Sounds like you sold me on giving her a run............. thanks for posting the FD............. she looks nice mate............ enjoy, lucky with the outdoor kipping crew didant find the gillette plants !!.................. nice work man... Automaster

Hey 912 ! Cool beans every time. Ive grown seeds from Passion, Dinafem, Ugorg, Green House and subbie seeds here. Also Female Seeds, quality. Autos fems and regs. Quite honestly I can't fault a single strain or seed. All my plants which have made it to 4 weeks have produced amazing fruit, all different all loved and all are favoured in turn, some I love more. I take my hat off to the seed breeders all.

I love variety and the Dream fits in nicely.

Hey @@AutoMaster good to meet you man, thankyou ! I reckon Forest Dream is a good all rounder, and the smoke taste is developing nicely. Mrs d likes this one atm and noted a whiff of cherry.

Seems funny tellin you anythin about plant feeding ! But..I noticed these like a good feed early to mid veg, but no biggie, these are tough mothers seem pretty forgiving.

Enjoyed your stuff on the Destroyer and its on my list next year, nice. Generally tho, Im drawn to growing more reg seeds and cuts atm

Now the outland plot has been harvested its a great feeling, doing nearly the whole season with people kipping a few yards away from 3 big plants. Fortunately low odour from the plants. Their camp was quite a cool , wishin I had bothered to be nosy enough to get a picture of it. But no. Probs right not to. I generally wanted to remain invisible and not put out any vibes whatsoever. Im glad we all managed to stay at peace here. Lots of folk have camped up round here over the years sometimes over winter, some fascinating

storys. Its pretty wild here in the Lost Lands. Some of the Pixie kids been getting lairy on potteen laced with Liberty Cap psylosibin, being noisy torchin trailers whoopin and mayhem. If they upset the Paranoid Biker Brothers again...

Edited by autodog

its been quite an adventure this year - and a successful one too. Well done on the plot location and the techniques to get you thru to the harvest. Hope that plot see's a few plants next year too :-) Well done!

Hi @@DutchPassionTony thanks, yes been a very special year learning to grow weed in the twilight of prohibition. Next seasons' plots slould be even better, I'm hoping to make some seeds from 1 or two of DP's finest and growing out some classic strains again.

Having support from DP, uk420 and great seeds makes success !

The Forest Dream is a sound outdoor performer, unique tasty smoke. Indoors, a smaller plant but again, stand out quality smoke, flavour developing nicely, jarred recently.

• 2 weeks later...

Mould sensitive?I wonder if its as "mould sensitive" as frisian dew auto was in the UK,as in it was no good at all outdoors in our climate,might be good formindoors however but i would rather see several growers here try it out and give a general appraisal.

great looking buds too auto dog, I am curious to know which varieties you will go for in 2017...

Thanks Tony

So much fun planning varities for 17. I know Ducks will be my soldiers and I will prob grow these from my top Duck clone which I selected from the season.

These are the outdoor DP strains that are calling me, I only have room for a few plants special plants.

Durban Poison, Euforia and Passion #1 keep coming to mind. But for patriotic reasons I aspire to cultivate a supreme Hollands Hope :-)

Mould sensitive?I wonder if its as "mould sensitive" as frisian dew auto was in the UK,as in it was no good at all outdoors in our climate,might be good formindoors however but i would rather see several growers here try it out and give a general appraisal.

I dont take much notice of general appraisals by growers unless I know their stuff. Lots of hypeing and negative 3rd hand opinions which I love. This ones ones moldy, this ones shit, this one's hermie.You hear people saying so and so seeds are amazing the next year they hate them and big up another strain. Its all about selling seeds, this is our currency. Today Im bigging up DP.

Forest Dream I didn't have any mould worries at all on my plot, so I didn't find it mould sensitive at all. Beginer's luck I guess.

Re the auto frisian dew did yours mold ? The auto Durban and auto Mazars were better for me

I've had mold in indoor grows of different strains, always thought it was an environment thing. Havnt had a problem since I set the fans higher. In my gg I had some mold on all nearly all my autos but very little mold on my photo plants

• 1 month later...

I would love to know the lineage of this strain

@autodog your indoor girl looks great! How long did you veg her for or did you 12/12 straight away. I would liek to grow indoor but only have 1m so might be a bit too stretchy for me. Like the smoke a lot though- happy high