The Gaia hypothesis

• 3 weeks later...
Guest theokoles

I know of an elderly lady, was raised with her family until her parents died. This lady was born with total loss of hearing, completlely blind and mute. Very very tragic, unfathomable infact. I think about how if there's a god, how could could he have done this. She communicates via touch and smell, and this is all she has known for 80 years. I later found out she had a brother born exactly the same, that used to live in the same residential home, until he had some serious nursing needs and sadly had to be moved to another place. When they lived in the residential home together, they sat next to each other. But trying to work out what went on in their heads baffles me. They had no concept of reality, good from bad, perception of the world. They developed a way to express pain by touching the part of the body that hurts, by touch to express the kind of soft clothes they liked, by smell to identify what foods they liked. I have no idea if this helps us undertand what conciousness is, but its pause for thought. Using feel and smell is all they ever knew and wont have known if everyone else was the same, to them this was their normal. Maybe over time they realised that others were providing care, doing things for them they couldn't.. or maybe not. Not a nice story but one that stuck in my head and reminds me how lucky we are.

20 minutes ago, theokoles said:

I think about how if there's a god, how could could he have done this.

You are thinking about God from the Christian definition, thats a pile of shit there is no man on a cloud watching down

God likes to play hide-n-seek, but because there is nothing outside of God, he has no one but himself to play with! But he gets over this difficulty by pretending that he is not himself. This is his way of hiding from himself. He pretends that he is you and I and all the people in the world, all the animals, plants, all the rocks, and all the stars. In this way he has strange and wonderful adventures, some of which are terrible and frightening. But these are just like bad dreams, for when he wakes up they will disappear.

Now when God plays “hide” and pretends that he is you and I, he does it so well that it takes him a long time to remember where and how he hid himself! But that’s the whole fun of it-just what he wanted to do. He doesn’t want to find himself too quickly, for that would spoil the game. That is why it is so difficult for you and me to find out that we are God in disguise, pretending not to be himself. But- when the game has gone on long enough, all of us will WAKE UP, stop pretending, and REMEMBER that we are all one single Self- the God who is all that there is and who lives forever and ever.

You may ask why God sometimes hides in the form of horrible people, or pretends to be people who suffer great disease and pain. Remember, first, that he isn’t really doing this to anyone but himself. Remember too, that in almost all the stories you enjoy there have to be bad people as well as good people, for the thrill of the tale is to find out how the good people will get the better of the bad. It’s the same as when we play cards. At the beginning of the game we shuffle them all into a mess, which is like the bad things in the world, but the point of the game put the mess into good order, and the one who does it best is the winner. Then we shuffle the cards and play again, and so it goes with the world.

-Alan Watts

God is a bad word I dont know if you have heard this but its pretty profound

God is a terrible word especially in the west, its all just energy, all is one nobody can deny this and you and me and everything that exists is all a part of this unified field

:yinyang:

• Like 4

On 11/08/2018 at 5:12 PM, Resonance said:

Descartes: ‘I Think Therefore I Am’

Resonance: 'I Feel Therefore I Am'

Breezus : 'I think I feel, therefore I am 

Guest theokoles
2 hours ago, Davey Jones said:

You are thinking about God from the Christian definition, thats a pile of shit there is no man on a cloud watching down

I'm leaning towards alien life form. I remember my Dr telling me many years ago, that the complexity of the human eye (and its 500 plus operating parts) is the one thing that leads the medical fraternity, to believe we could have been created by aliens..i was a bit taken back by my long term family Dr telling me this. Nowadays i often think our eyes are like tv sets for aliens, they switch from person to person, like we do on a tv channel, watching reality tv lol 

I dunno if youre serious @theokoles but when I hear things like humans were put here by aliens it makes me cringe because it just doesnt add up

If you look at the history of life on earth its amazing, they say single celled life was only 600 million years in the making look at the graph

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionary_history_of_life

Sure that could of came from space who could know, it was a long time before multi celled life was spawned and for a long time oxygen was actually toxic to life, humans share lots of genes with things you wouldnt believe, like we share genes with fungi more than we do plants, which is mental when you realise that plants created animals to pollinate them. Fungi is the prime candidate for coming in from space and over the eons they have mixed with life who knows, I dont believe we know exactly when Fungi came about because it doesnt make fossils very easily. To say aliens put us here is to neglect the tree of life

https://www.scienceabc.com/nature/how-are-mushrooms-more-similar-to-humans-than-plants.html

The human visual system is extremely complex but remember the human brain is the most complex thing known to exist,

If the human brain was simple enough to understand then you would be too dumb to understand it

(thats a Reddit showerthought lol )

See these scientist doctor types are constantly trying to explain things in words and the vast majority think that science is the be all and end all and all the answers are out there waiting to be discovered, not many would admit and they get really hot under the collar when you point out that essentially its a faith based system but you get points for being wrong and youre allowed to rewrite it if you go back over and show it to be wrong, as time goes by though it gets harder and harder to do that because you dont have enough time, science is great its really powerful at making better tools but its just fitting patterns everyone can recognise, its not even real!, the map isnt the territory the menu isnt the meal

You see nothing is complicated its putting it into words that makes it complicated, the most simple and natural processes are a mind fuk of equations and linguistic tricks to try and explain, even the hindu god cant put it into words how she does the cosmos because words are so clumsy

Edit

This is todays viewing @theokoles its my favourite TM lecture and this has more chance of being correct than most people would dare to admit, humans formed a symbiotic relationship with a psychedelic mushroom, it ticks the wacky box but it more than just a possibility I honestly believe thats what happened

Listen to what Terence says

Edited by Davey Jones
  • Like 2

We are all transients and this is but one, of an infinite number of stops, on the universal super energy highway 

Breezus 

Guest theokoles
5 hours ago, Davey Jones said:

I dunno if youre serious @theokoles but when I hear things like humans were put here by aliens it makes me cringe because it just doesnt add up

I was being serious mate lol. The thing is, it wouldn't add up if we were put here by aliens, a far superior life form. We would have been created with the intention that it couldn't add up, no matter how intelligent we think we are. Just a slow progression over millions/billions of years, but in alien time, this could be few weeks, or couple of years. And a few plants and animals to mystify, entertain and bemuse us too.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall in a million years time.

Ive had a read of a few of those links and to be honest mate, its just way over my head, and i'm really not digging that Terrence Mckenna's style, not one bit. Im sure he knows his stuff but after 30 minutes i had to switch off and thats not like me. Biology, physics, chemistry are not my areas..i know little to nothing about the subjects. its like trying to teach a monkey chemistry lol I tend to just let my imagination run a bit wild when it comes to god, life, death, aliens and our purpose if any for being here.

• 5 months later...

I would really like to know why we are kept away from cannabinoids and DMT, yet we (probably for DMT) make endo versions of them?  Reading about cannabinoids and stem cells, synapses generation and stuff just makes me think of creation.  And isn't there a release of DMT just before death too?:wassnnme:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I tried watching it a few times @Cambium

I was delighted to hear him explain how a tree is conscious in a similar way I did lol

Do you agree? its definitely conscious lol

i got a bit sidetracked and still havent seen it all!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Oh wow. I never realised my beliefs about "god" had been gategorised into an ism. 

Apperently its called pantheism and im a panthiest. Nice :)

Ill go hit google once ive done this. 

I came to the conclusion entirely by my own devices. Never realised it was a popular idea.

Basically, after accidentally discovering reiki without knowing what it was. 

Had been practicing for 5 years or so and i bumped into a hollistic healer.

Had a few doobs with her and realised what id been doing was known as reiki.

Id never really thought much about what it was i was doing. Used it mostly to help with back pain. Anyway, i started poking about the internet and joining the dots together. 

Its pretty scary once you start to see the bigger picture. I wouldnt say i fully understand it but ive experienced some pretty wierd shit (without drugs) and made some pretty fucked up conclusions from it all. 

"God" exists. But not as an intelligent force that created existence. 

God is existence itself and religion was created as a way to supress our understanding of it. 

Theres something all around us. You can hear it if you clear your mind. Its a really high pitched vibration. 

If you can learn to tune into it you can do some really strange stuff. Everything from popping bones in your back into place, right upto remote viewing. 

Theres a very good reason its a supressed way of thinking too.

Couple of examples..

Ive delved into the realm of remote viewing and can vouch for it.

Its a difficult idea to accept but its real. 

I stopped practicing quickly as its pretty hard to cope with mentally but can you imagine if everyone on earth could do that? 

Just chill out for half an hour then be able to witness anything they want from anywhere and anywhen. 

Fuck that. 

The power to increase self healing and heal others by touch sounds good on paper too. I can fix certain physical ailments on myself and have experienced someone fixing me also but imagine everyone could do that. 

Fix their own migraines, pop bones back into place at will, make areas of their bodies impervious to damage (shaolin monks)

Fuck you can even use it to regulate your blood pressure and body temperature. 

The way things are these days that could create super soldiers. Semi-invincible with the ability to see behind enemy lines and hide from heat sensors.

The CIA had a play with it in the 80s. 

"Paranormal espionage programe " i believe it was. 

Got a bunch of "remote viewers" and tested them out. Then shit themselves once a few of them proved they could do it. 

Apparently the project was dropped after a while but id be very surprised if its not still going strong. 

Bit of a ramble but yeah. Just some thoughts on the matter. Off to go find out how big my newly learned word "pantheism " is now haha :)

• Like 3