Cream of the Crop - August 2016

Joolz

291 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

@@Ital It is actually a very dificult macro photograph to achieve and is a superb example of what can be done with the technique called focus stacking but alas it was uploaded from google images and not original to the member..

• Like 5

Uploaded from Google images eh!... lol lol

Who spotted it?

Ha, click the pic and 'search Google images' there it is... lol

Why? :unsure:

You have to be sharper than dat to get past these lads!

Jeez.. lol

Edited by HazyDaze

@@Ital It is actually a very dificult macro photograph to achieve and is a superb example of what can be done with the technique called focus stacking but alas it was uploaded from google images and not original to the member..

I didn't know but did just google and got the idea of how it works so now appreciate the skill involved. Do you immediately recognise the technique, does it stand out or needs some investigating?

naughty

Not really as he didn't submit the picture to the competition it was nominated by a staff member and he contacted admin as soon as he realised the picture was in the competition..

• Like 2

Sorry folks, I uploaded that picture for a thread I created about the clarity I wanted from a microscope, once I noticed it was in the running I msg'd joolz to tell him to pull it :)

I did incidentally find a cheap USB microscope that can do it, it just requires an insanely steady hand. ;)

gallery_88756_13525_426045.png

Not got it quite perfect! but getting there :P

Edited by mojolicous
  • Like 8