Yes.. Here we are again... LED's

GreenVision

@@lukio Almost identical to a CPU heatsink. Saying that, i wonder if in the not to distant future we will see water cooling systems being adapted from Gaming PC's to fit LED's?......

eccd6ad0_IMG_3098f.jpeg

Much better at cooling than fan cooled or passive heatsinks. The pump uses minimal power from the motherboard too so its likely it would draw less to cool the LED's / COB's..

Watch this space !!!..

• Like 3

@@GreenVision

its kinda happening already man

Growmau5 channel is too good, spend a day watching his vids. this water cooled stuff isnt his but hes the one to follow

Edited by lukio

Ive tidied quite a bit so just a polite request to quit the spam or the thread will be closed

Leave the company talk out please

Thanks

Owd

• Like 1

@@lukio Would be a well worth wile DIY for those that do. TBH I am not too sure about building my own. i am still set on the unit you have yourself mate. It was always the one that took my eye from the moment I typed "Best LED in UK" into Google.

@@GreenVision

Do it man! join the club :afro2: i want another to replace my hps so im gna try and hit him up for discount. i wanna build some cob stuff but i havent got the time at the mo.

Its the casing that concerns me with a DIY.. I have no access to the sort of plant / equipment I am sure I would need to make units capable of covering the area I need them too.

The COB's Drivers, cooling is pretty basic stuff. Simple maths and buy what you need, put it together. But the casing is not so simple.

Thanks for making this topic Green Vision . I have a a 240w tent running 2 X 600w HPS. I'd like to get another tent the same size but would really have to reduce the electricity consumption if going a head with that . That's why I want to go for LEDs and also running a lower temp is a bonus. The budmaster G.O.D stands out but the price tag is heavy. Made a bit better with the Euro / Sterling exchange at the moment . Good luck in whatever you go with mate.

• Like 2

Thanks for making this topic Green Vision . I have a a 240w tent running 2 X 600w HPS. I'd like to get another tent the same size but would really have to reduce the electricity consumption if going a head with that . That's why I want to go for LEDs and also running a lower temp is a bonus. The budmaster G.O.D stands out but the price tag is heavy. Made a bit better with the Euro / Sterling exchange at the moment . Good luck in whatever you go with mate.

You could make yourself a DIY fitting from ~

12 cobs driven @ 1.4A each. set up cost would be about £30 per cob. £360

3 or 4 drivers to power the above cobs ~ £60 each £240

3 or 4 lengths of heatsink ~ £60 each £240

£860 - thats about 1/2 the price of that OEM item you mentioned,

:)

Edited by Badders
  • Like 1

Cheers , thanks for that info and breakdown Badders. Building my own is something I'd love to do , I'll admit I haven't looked at any builds yet so I've no knowledge on how to go about it . I do like the savings involved , more researching , always something new to learn about. Cheers man :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gojitangie

Hi Greenvision,

Not a grower but my mate has been interested in LED as light source since around 2010. He has owned a number of Budmasters, GN units and others, including the US penetrator model which was recognised as the best available in its time.

I have a suggestion for you if you PM me, I cannot PM you since I haven't got to 50 posts yet.

Bud density is there, quality is superior to HPS but yield lower on a standard set up, no doubt you could match yield but at high expense.

Since your a personal user would a 20-30% reduction in yield be a deal breaker? It would be offset by improved quality and lower running costs.

In terms of cooling, GN used a Synjet system in their HS1 model and are on the cusp of a new release that will employ passive cooling, quieter and more reliable without fans.