Yes.. Here we are again... LED's

GreenVision

lol..

I cant help this, I have to ask. And no doubt I will again before the year is out. But its a big decision for someone that grows the way I do. I don't sell a single bud, never will, but i do use large light systems compared to a good portion of personal growers. I told myself when I started growing again that I would not buy a single trichome ever again, I haven't.

There is no way to soften the blow on this so I am going to just say it.. It will cost in the region of £5000 to get great quality LED lights that will match the numbers and completely replace my HPS. And TBH I see no other way of putting it to the test, I am going to split my tent in half.

But before I can spend over £2000 on these I have some questions I really would love to have honest answers on..

I am concerned about bud density. Do LED's give tight compact buds?.. i don't need to be sold LED's I know they work. But nothing is perfect and this is something I can't trust a manufacturer to tell me.

Can you really use them to veg and flower?.. The sales say yes as do the vids, but again I would love to hear how well they do from those that use them. I wouldn't mind using my MH until flower if needed (because I only ever use 1200w max), but if LED's truly can replace both MH and HPS great.

Do they last as long as they say?..

I have tried to put this in the right area, I am hoping for advice from LED users, not the age old argument of HPS vs LED's. Its not about that any more.

Many many thanks to anyone who has some genuine tips and advice.

GV.

Edited by GreenVision
  • Like 4

@@GreenVision short answer.... My last buds where that compact they had no squeeze .... Yes flower and veg..... Don't pay £1000's for a brand like Armani or Hugo boss, get a few Nike models they work fine too

Peace

• Like 1

Hey greenvision, I find my buds are smaller but denser and seem to have better flavour.. I have had issues withe every brand i used wether grownorthern, Hans panels , these 2 were easy to deal with and repaired with in a week. The chinese light imo stay away as the customer service and warranty is lol lol to say the least... :oldtoker:

Edited by Owderb
Spam removed

@@GreenVision go DIY with either Cree cobs or Citizen cobs. It will not cost 5k. They will produce the finest bud for sure. Commercial led are not in the same league as DIY and if they where you would be spending 10k. Check this guy out not only will he explain things in simple terms for building your own, he also has his own grow journals to prove the yields and quality.

Watch the complete series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlM5uvO7sao&list=PLFeGgzTAA8vkzWTM7SWiQPlYAhNe3GMGi

Edited by tokenroll

Denser all day long. Tastier too.

You have to spend big on led to get the quality. If i were you i'd talk to the guy that makes my panels. Heres the output drop over 30 months

@@tokenroll

Watched all of these vids - peeps are killing it with COB tech. I keep getting emails from suppliers i was talking to a while back, got one this morning offering the whole kit packaged ready to put together.

Edited by lukio

@@lukio check out RIU for complete kits, citizen and Cree. Personally I have ordered 6 x Citizen CLU-1825 cobs these I will be running at around 100watts each. The crees can't meet the efficiency of the citizens run above 60w. Drivers etc I will sort out when I have the cash, not in a rush anyway.

Been running for the last year 4 x Cree 3070 cobs 200w at the wall along with my 600w 400v Hps dialled down to 400w. Yield around 20 zips, more than happy.

@@tokenroll

Nice!

Im a big fan of the led section on RIU. Its amazing what theyre doing.

i would like 800w of CXB3590's to flower under. maybe in a few months - we'll see what happens - It'll be less if they keep bloody emailing me hahaaaa

@@tokenroll I actually build PC's / laptops and repair Apple products like iPads and iPhones. So the components and building don't worry me. But quite often I find that once all said and done with these kind of things by the time the build is done I might have save £150 off a £1500 unit?... Or are the savings much more substantial than this?

GV.

@ Greenvision it all depends how many cobs you order for the price to drop , if you order 20 or more there are bigger savings to be had , same with the drivers... Only reason i not do it was i have no time spare to research yet another load of info....

That is just to much money mate and these units just keep coming out and each one gives "more" , i would go with one and try it out next to Hps as you said and see is it worth spending cash on few more LED units.

I saw some amazing Led grows with dense buds( on internet to be clear) and just due heat i would get them but it just costs to much to end up as disappointing buy.

If you do get them dont forget to let us now what is the score ;)

• Like 1

@@Herbal Kint I am after a new lighting system. I just want to get more output with less consumption. My current setup can be bettered in terms of consumption I am sure. I have to admit, looking into the build side of things to cover a 2.4 meter tent even buying the cobs in the masses wouldn't leave much room to save a few £. I have had an email offereing quite a discount if I want to buy more than one panel.

GV.

@@tokenroll @@lukio

Just wondering if anyone could explain the difference between the Budmaster GOD-9 and the COB-X-9?

Because they seem to draw similar power yet they have around a £500 price difference?

Does on stand out as being much better or something.