Nutrients

Guest THE PUFFER

thanks for the help

in fact, i was just talking to peteruk about that 13-14 myself :oldtoker:

unfortunately im not sure whether to start doing it yet, as im slightly worried ive over ferted...... would leaves curling up at the edges on some plants suggest this? i leeched them well with plain water a few days ago, and now i dont know whether to do the same thing again or move back to nutes...... also, i suppose it could be pH, as ive never bothered to monitor this...... im growing in a soil with a bit of vermiculite and perlite

peace

~AurorA~

Hi all,

Newbie question here. I am growing in 1/2 potting soil 1/2 perlite. I have been feeding my plants with some 7-7-7 plant food through vegitative growth. I have been trying to find bloom ferts everywhere but have not managed to. I have instead bought some plant food that is 14-10-27 but I think I have made a mistake. High phosphorous not potassium is needed for flowering. Will this food be useful for flowering? If not is there any shops that I can buy bloom ferts from?

Cheers

Bern

why dont you buy some phosphorous from Homebase (i cant remember the name of it but i am sure there is a phosphorous equivalent to potash)

i will do a big of digging  and see if i can find the name

unfortunaltely the hombase site is down just now so i will post it later :thumbs:

peace

the d.o.c :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest THE PUFFER
im slightly worried ive over ferted...... would leaves curling up at the edges on some plants suggest this? i leeched them well with plain water a few days ago, and now i dont know whether to do the same thing again or move back to nutes...... also, i suppose it could be pH, as ive never bothered to monitor this...... im growing in a soil with a bit of vermiculite and perlite

Curled up leave edges could well mean over-ferting, AurorA.

9 times out of 10, if you think you've over-ferted then you probably have...you have to trust your instincts...only you know how much feed you added.

pH monitoring is essential in growing good quality marijuana...especially with soil as the medium tends to stay dankish. If your pH is too high then not only will it lock up trace nutrients but will also confuse when diagnosing deficiencies.

Start with using 1/4 strength nute mixes...IE if it says 10ml per litre...use 2.5ml....use this mix until a week before flowering. Then switch to one watering of a full strength mix. For the next mix, use a half strength flower mix for one month, followed by a 1/4 strength mix and any added boost. Stop using the nute mixes two weeks before harvest and feed with plain pH balanced water with a touch of boost to finish.

*as you may have toxified your medium, I would advise you to start this regime with a totally new medium and as you are soil, I recommend..John Innes No.3 70%, vermic 20%, perlite 10%