Nutrients

Guest THE PUFFER

Guest THE PUFFER

This is a complex one as there are so many for so many different reasons.

Always use the best quality nutrients you can get hold of and follow the instructions with it. DO NOT BE TEMPTED TO OVERFEED. With over-feeding the leaves will have a tendancy to curl downwards and become dark green, brittle and glossy. If this happens flush pure water through and do not resume feeding for at least 2 weeks.

Nutrients for soil and hydroponics differ totally so please include this in your query.

ANY QUESTIONS....?

• 1 month later...
Guest THE PUFFER

The nutrients from IONIC are designed to balance you P.H for you, great if your water supply is a bit harsh.

I know of two growrooms that are experimenting with their range and I will post up the results.

:satisfied:

excellent ,just when i was thinking i would not find the right ferts,

which brand name ferts do you use for

1# seedlings and clones?

2# veg growth?

3# flowering growth?

its so hard trying to find the right ones that you dont have to hunt for! :thumbs:

no what i meant was its easier to ask someone who KNOWS more than me on the subject what ferts i should use ha ha !

i am using "John Innes Seed Loam based Compost" which is sterilised (4 parts) Perlite (1 part) Vermiculite(1 part) .

the fertz i have at hand if i need them is

"VITAX super phosphate" ,

"Baby Bio" (will be ideal npk for veg growth) ,

"Tomato Feed"from B&Q ,

"Roota" (for clones) and

"Miracle Gro pour and feed"

are any of these any use?

the phosphate says it is for healthy roots

should i use a weak solution of this once or twice over the first two weeks? :thumbs:  :yinyang:

Guest THE PUFFER

Theres always something you should bear in mind and thats if your fert. can be used on edible crops, like a tomato food.

For seeds and cuttings ... I recommend using Maxicrop SEAWEED extract...promotes healthy rooting and growth and can be mixed with other nutrients throughout the season.

For vegging try ... either your baby bio ( leaves a taste) or miracle-gro (also leaves a slight taste) or try something like IONIC -for soil, designed for your particular crop.

For flowering try ... again a tomato booster will do (if NPK is high in Potassium, etc) or go with an IONIC BOOST.

I recommend IONIC to you as it balances your PH therefore making growing slightly easier for newbies.

• 1 month later...

:oldtoker:

I been using John Innes for yonks now - excellent results. Seed Compost for seeds & cuttings, then into No.3; I usually start seeds straight away on No.3. For the first 8 weeks NO FEED IS REQUIRED. Then, lightly with a bloom feed for the first 5 or 6 weeks of flowering, followed by 2 or 3 weeks clean water, et voila!

Just starting an organic superskunk as an aletrantive. It should be an interesteing experiment. Using a locally purchased organic compost (Ph perfect) and Alan Titchmarsh's Organic Bloom Feed. Reports in about 10 weeks...

• 4 weeks later...

High there,

I've heard good reports about Growth Technology Ionic. I use G.T. Optimum Grow & Bloom myself (HardWater version), with Canna PK13/14 as a boost for 1 week, 3 weeks before harvest.

The Optimum is a 2-part solution & the results I have achieved have been excellent - a recommended hydro nutrient.

I was going to try Canna Vega & Flores, but have heard a few bad things from Dutch growers.

They use (and swear by! ) Dutch nutrients, which are not available in the UK at the moment.

All the best,

Trichome

high trichomeuk

i dont like to correct you , but since you seem adept at it  :alien: ,  IF you mean dutch formula from advanced hydroponics ,it is available from GLASGROW :oldtoker:

Doc:

It's not 'Dutch Formula' - if it was, I would have said, so no 'correction' needed :oldtoker:

The nutrient I was referring to is "Ferro", and has been highly recommended by 'dutchmaster' and 'k2_k' (Overgrow.com members) from Rotterdam, Holland.

I have enquired about this nutrient in the UK and no-one has heard of it, including Growell.co.uk.

Take care & all the best,

Trichome

no probs trichome

it was your lack of detail that lead to this confusion

and for a guy who it seems detail is everything is surprising

i know what you mean now though , :oldtoker:

• 1 month later...

its a pity, cos ive just bought some canna terra vega/flores and pk13-14, but now ive just seen several people saying they arent so good ;)

ah well...... better than miracle grow im guessing

does anyone know how i should start feeding with these, as the plants have just been used to miracle gro/baby bio so far. the instructions are all in dutch, but it says 25ml per 5liters... should i start at this level?

also, im on day 34 12/12..... should i use the pk13-14 yet? if not, when, and what exactly should i do with it?

thanks

~AurorA~

High there,

You'll do well with the Canna nutes: the Dutch growers who said that have never been backed-up by anyone else, so don't worry - I was wondering if anyone else had heard this.

I use PK13/14, and have recently been advised to try a new regime, which was based on his extensive experience ('peteruk' at Overgrow) - use PK13/14 for the last 4-5 weeks of flowering at 75% of recommended dose (i.e. 1.125ml per litre, instead of 1.5ml per litre).

All the best,

Trichome

if you are using rockwool as your medium then this link will be of great help to you as it is aimed at canna terra vega and flores users

growing schedule for rockwool and canna vega and flores

hope this helps   :thumbs:

peace

the d.o.c

sorry trichome ,had no experience with pk13-14 as i have mainly used growth technology's nutrients (dont know why ,i guess i just stick with what i know  ??? ,goto be more adventurous ;) )