Just now, fatboy77 said:

Aye. 

cheers

Just now, ratdog said:

that's not something i'll judge you for mate

ooh i sayy

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/04/2021 at 6:32 PM, xerophyte said:

A friend of mine has been using Mammoth P in NFT since last summer and he swears by it, I did think, OK more snake oil. He's an experienced grower to be fair. 

I think that , having read all the above, I'm going to give it a go. 

Will report back.

Forgive me for quoting missen, it does seem rather self indulgent... 

But immediately after my last post I blagged some Mammoth P from a mate. He said that if it didn't do owt it was on him, if it improved things I had to replace it.

I'm now nearly three weeks into adding the Mammoth P...and crikey, there does seem to be a noticable improvement in development, bud size and overall health and vitality. I'm currently starting week 4 of flower. My grows can vary rather a lot for no discernable reason so it could just be a random good un, who knows? 

Going to persevere with it despite actually having to buy it from now on with the ever dwindling contents of my cracked piggy bank.  

Currently I'm optimistic, but hey, I'm a glass half full type of cove.

Watch this space, will update from time to time.

• Like 3

@mikeydoughnut I'd imagine it's like anything else.  Imagine a new grower using something like the 900w scopex and getting a good tune out of it.  The more skill and experience you have, the better results you will get from your tools. 

@mikeydoughnut @fatboy77 I agree with you totally.....without environment dialled in your pissing money away.

But in soil, I understand  phosphorus liberation is difficult ?  is this surely not a god send to the soil gardener ? (Genuinely asking a question to all as I'm not a soil guy).

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, zen-ken said:

@mikeydoughnut @fatboy77 

But in soil, I understand  phosphorus liberation is difficult ?  is this surely not a god send to the soil gardener? 

To an extent but then the real purists will say it affects flavour if you use it late in flower too. 

I didnt read the thread but guessing you know of it cos you hear mr canucks grow talking about it, i have no experience with it but what i will say is beware of people like him that are clearly using pgrs and claiming they dont so please understand that adding some flavor of the month nutes wont increase your yield all that much if any.

Just now, EM Punk said:

so please understand that adding some flavor of the month nutes wont increase your yield all that much if any.

Its not nutes dude.  Read up. 

Just now, fatboy77 said:

Its not nutes dude.  Read up. 

My bad should have read the whole thing before hand!

I had a goo there and fair enough most of the science adds up, I just never heard anyone mention it other than him and id be very skeptical of the likes of himself!

On 03/05/2021 at 10:02 PM, xerophyte said:

Watch this space, will update from time to time.

Hmmm, this is getting interesting.Now a week later.

Just starting week five of flower and things do seem to be looking somewhat better than usual. The plants have an extra air of vitality about them and I'm sure that the stalks, especially towards the tops are a little more sturdy. The developing buds are definitely as big or bigger than I'd usually expect.

I'm in NFT and the uptake of liquid seems normal now although up until a few days ago was higher than usual.

One big difference is the ph. Normally now I'd be adding ph down daily. So far I've not used any ph down at all, only ph up! The daily change in ph had been reversed. I have no idea why but I'm happy with that as long as things keep progressing  as they are.

Will update again in a week or so  x

Edited by xerophyte
  • Like 1

On 06/05/2021 at 0:03 PM, mikeydoughnut said:

He said you have to be really dialled in especially in terms of your microbial life, environment etc in order to get any benefit from it otherwise it’s just an expensive load of piss up the wall.

i must admit i'm not seeing much of a difference if at all, but then i don't consider myself a top grower so i don't think i'm operating at a high enough level to tell. i also am next to useless at documenting things or really remembering what i did well in times before, my mind doesn't work like that, my attention to things long term is shite lol 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, mikeydoughnut said:

Can I join your club? I can’t remember 5 minutes ago. I have a calendar on’t Wall now so just document when I watered n how much feed - I just need to remember to fill the cunt in lol

in the hallway i have a calender with the month of november still on show from 2019, i should really take that down lol

• Like 4

OK, another update. 

Eight days on and things are looking rather promising. I'm sure that my plants have never been this vibrant nor the bud development so good at this stage of the grow. It could be coincidence but I'm leaning towards it being down to the Mammoth P. 

Still have only had to use ph up, only used ph down when initially doing a tank change. As I've said before, that's unusual as I'm normally adding ph down every day or two.

Will update in another week or so.

• Like 3

On 18/05/2021 at 1:20 PM, xerophyte said:

Will update in another week or so.

And again....

Things are looking very promising. One definite difference to previous runs on this strain i that it all looks like it's actually going to be en extra week before harvest time. I'm guessing that that has to be down to the Mammoth P. I've has this strain for a while now so am pretty familiar with it.

I've still not had to add any ph down, only ph up. I often find that between tank changes I have to add water as the EC usually creeps up a little. The EC levels have stayed stable this time. Interesting. Until next time  x

• Like 2