Guerrilla Gold 3 experiences

again1

I was wondering what experience's people have with the guerrilla gold 3's in terms of the smoke to the yield or harvest times etc.

Thanks

I've tried them all over the years GG#1, #2 & #3 and never had real success with any of them. They grow stout, yield very little and are prone to budrot due to their low centre of gravity.

• Like 3

I did a repro of these outdoors last year . Originally the breeder was from Canada but at a similar lat to the UK Midlands . They finished early , usually mid August to early September . After he retired from the game a guy took over the project but he was from a lower lat 45 north though still in Canada . He steered away from earliness and bred for potency ( according to him )

It shows really because of the variation I had last year in the repro bed . I had several different sizes of plants , finishing at different times with different traits . Some were good , some not .

The general opinion is and always has as far as I'm aware are these are a tool best used for breeding rather than something for a main crop .

If you grow em I'm sure you'll get some good ones but also some shite . I wouldn't bother if you're above 55 though .

Edited by Eelhelmet
  • Like 3

The general opinion is and always has as far as I'm aware are these are a tool best used for breeding rather than something for a main crop .

@@Eelhelmet why's that mate? What do they bring to a cross?

Grown them all including #5,all do the job,had some good crops from them,even replicated a load of the beans for future use just in case,they dont yield much BUT their saving grace is they finish early and the buds are better than average UK outdoor.

• Like 4

I have done these I like them and use them in Xs but I'am still using seeds from 2012 so I don't know if there the same because I had some other seeds off cres and they where the best plants ever that was 2013 so I don't know if that was to do with the season or the batch of seeds because I've run them two more years and they where later still nice but nowhere the 2013 form goohfy.

• Like 3

• 6 years later...
On 16/04/2016 at 0:34 PM, Goohfy said:

I have done these I like them and use them in Xs but I'am still using seeds from 2012 so I don't know if there the same because I had some other seeds off cres and they where the best plants ever that was 2013 so I don't know if that was to do with the season or the batch of seeds because I've run them two more years and they where later still nice but nowhere the 2013 form goohfy.

10 years where has it gone.peace Goohfy. And compared to RGS.HFH new breed.and all the other passionate people them pips don’t compare still nice to chuck a few out for nostalgia ahh the hard days ha ha.peace Goohfy.

Edited by Goohfy
  • Like 1

@Goohfy

alright goof.. yes was reading this one the other day doing research … apols I thought you were a kind of troll of sorts previously .. jus I read some funny posts where you did seem to be trolling a bit.. but reading back from years gone … I realised now you is one of the earlier Gorrillaz in here 

I enjoy reading back the old stuff …

plus I learn a lot to on my ‘studies’… interesting to observe the progression of genetics etc 

respects 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Erbman T said:

@Goohfy

alright goof.. yes was reading this one the other day doing research … apols I thought you were a kind of troll of sorts previously .. jus I read some funny posts where you did seem to be trolling a bit.. but reading back from years gone … I realised now you is one of the earlier Gorrillaz in here 

I enjoy reading back the old stuff …

plus I learn a lot to on my ‘studies’… interesting to observe the progression of genetics etc 

respects 

Don’t get me wrong I love a bit of trolling like the next man but I get it when all that get vomited out is nonsense mixed with absolute golden advice can become garbage depending on the human reading it.I would never hurt harm or distress anyone anyway whatsoever but say whipping plants with nettles was one of my faves but I am just like everyone just a human trying to make life enjoyable for me and others.peace Goohfy. 

• Like 2

@Goohfy you is like a troll hybrid. Bit of the old Lao Tzu in there 

Whipping plants. Some kind of stress conditioning technique… sounds cruel 

yes the Guerilla Gold has been of interest of late as been up to some Frankenstein business … I hear it’s often added into the mix to add mould resistance … I’m wondering which version is best tho for this and which breeder has the best versions for doing it..: I see RGSC stock some versions of Guerilla Gold as regs

Salute 

• Like 3

Just now, Erbman T said:

@Goohfy you is like a troll hybrid. Bit of the old Lao Tzu in there 

Whipping plants. Some kind of stress conditioning technique… sounds cruel 

yes the Guerilla Gold has been of interest of late as been up to some Frankenstein business … I hear it’s often added into the mix to add mould resistance … I’m wondering which version is best tho for this and which breeder has the best versions for doing it..: I see RGSC stock some versions of Guerilla Gold as regs

Salute 

Yeah and there are some real good ones amongst them I like to veg a 2-3packs then select the ones I take cuts from to suite my plots once you get your eye in I think I am 70 ish percent of what phenotypes I am wanting for each plot IE different amounts of light south facing east facing an so on.I have been chopping at the end of august nice Finished bud and because I know that some are a bit later they go to a different plot.It is a hobby and I like it a lot.peace Goohfy.

• Like 3

On 16/04/2016 at 1:59 AM, Eelhelmet said:

I did a repro of these outdoors last year . Originally the breeder was from Canada but at a similar lat to the UK Midlands . They finished early , usually mid August to early September . After he retired from the game a guy took over the project but he was from a lower lat 45 north though still in Canada . He steered away from earliness and bred for potency ( according to him )

It shows really because of the variation I had last year in the repro bed . I had several different sizes of plants , finishing at different times with different traits . Some were good , some not .

If you grow em I'm sure you'll get some good ones but also some shite . I wouldn't bother if you're above 55 though .

Ok this is on point for this strain.peace Goohfy.

• Like 1

@Goofy

i indeed.. sounds like an interesting variety.  Yeah phenos, seems like they vary a bit from reading about... so I guess would have to grow a few out to select one to use for a cross .. a longer term idea… but is on my radar.. jus for fun really … 

sounds mega early … August harvest. Jobs a goodun 

• Like 1

Just now, Goohfy said:

Ok this is on point for this strain.peace Goohfy.

Yeah I read that the other night … interesting shit 

• Like 1