Shogun Katatona roots

OddNut

the right form of silicone aids a lot also

not the one that grow shops have been selling for the last 30 years but the most recent sicallic version

oh my 4k really does like a plant with a high sugar content, I wonders why

apologies again for my waffling shite,

time for 4k to get bk to his chill out Friday

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 4kali said:

hydrochlorous acid bleach

Interesting this 4kali. Seen the nature farm recommend similar but he uses pool shock. Do you find they produce a bigger callus using this over rooting hormones. 

it's not the bigger callous I'm looking for but the sealing of the cut as quick as possible, , we don't want any actual infection, if you look at it from a different angle, and this is just my mind thought,

if you had a massive cut on your arm, you would want it to (scab)over and heal as quick as possible without no infection, so what's the best way of achieving this, I would say a sterile environment along with a sterile environment around the future root zone is where its at

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Shumroom said:

I think you might have confused the vulva and Fulvic acid lol

Atb

:punk:

yeah, one works well, the other's a bit of a c*nt....:)

• Like 4

Personally I stopped using any root products years ago. 

to root cuttings I use either straight coco or root riot cubes. 

EC 0.6 of grow A/B. 

and wait. 

i do however use H2o2 in my reservoir and nutrient mixes which you could classify as a sterilising agent. 

but I got rid of everything that didn’t make much difference. 

if you’re using a no till soil bed etc then ofcourse you should use some form of root inoculations as nothing is ever changed only ever dressed. 

but when you’re buying new medium each grow and the plant is spending approx 4 months in its medium I don’t bother anymore and haven’t noticed much difference if any at all even when done in a controlled way using cuttings. 

I’ve used clonex, mycorrhizae, trichoderma, Dutch Pro take root, rhizotonic, the list goes on and even though now I don’t use any I’m not seeing any issues from removing it from my grows. 

im not saying they don’t work, what I am saying is the short term plants we grow is there any real need to add even more cost to your grows when the same can be accomplished without them. 

i think a lot of folks get hung up on magic elixirs in a bottle. 

i use

GROW A/B

Calmag

triacontanol 

Potassium silica (for pH up only when needed)

magnesium sulphate during flower 

MKP - mono potassium phosphate during flower 

thats it other than pH down and H2o2. 

when cloning i snip my cut, plant in either coco or root riot cubes and into a prop. 

On 3/15/2016 at 11:17 AM, OddNut said:

Has anybody used this product ? Ive never used any of shoguns line, I think the branding puts me off kinda like those black shirts with flames round the bottom people use to wear lol I came away with a bottle the other day, it's a 5er more expensive than Rhizotonic but the dilution rate is 0.2ml per l as apose to 4 ml pl on the Rhizotonic and the guy in the shop was praising it ( not that means anything more than grabbing my cash)

Just wondering what people's experiences are with it ?

Cheers

I use shoguns full range in rDwC and couldnt be happier, katana roots is a seaweed product so along with root stm there are allot of other benifits, stress reduction my fave!

Cant beat shogun for dilution rates either as you say....

Im a fan of the branding, but im so old I remember the bruce lee ninja craze lol

On 8/23/2022 at 1:43 PM, JonDaMon said:

Personally I stopped using any root products years ago. 

to root cuttings I use either straight coco or root riot cubes. 

EC 0.6 of grow A/B. 

and wait. 

i do however use H2o2 in my reservoir and nutrient mixes which you could classify as a sterilising agent. 

but I got rid of everything that didn’t make much difference. 

if you’re using a no till soil bed etc then ofcourse you should use some form of root inoculations as nothing is ever changed only ever dressed. 

but when you’re buying new medium each grow and the plant is spending approx 4 months in its medium I don’t bother anymore and haven’t noticed much difference if any at all even when done in a controlled way using cuttings. 

I’ve used clonex, mycorrhizae, trichoderma, Dutch Pro take root, rhizotonic, the list goes on and even though now I don’t use any I’m not seeing any issues from removing it from my grows. 

im not saying they don’t work, what I am saying is the short term plants we grow is there any real need to add even more cost to your grows when the same can be accomplished without them. 

i think a lot of folks get hung up on magic elixirs in a bottle. 

i use

GROW A/B

Calmag

triacontanol 

Potassium silica (for pH up only when needed)

magnesium sulphate during flower 

MKP - mono potassium phosphate during flower 

thats it other than pH down and H2o2. 

when cloning i snip my cut, plant in either coco or root riot cubes and into a prop. 

Tri is the active ingredient in canna and shogun boost, shogun have a boost specifically for hydro, as im sure you know tri has to be dissolved prior to use..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UkcheeseGang said:

Tri is the active ingredient in canna and shogun boost, shogun have a boost specifically for hydro, as im sure you know tri has to be dissolved prior to use..

yes fully aware thanks buddy. 

I’ve been buying the BEESWAX derived one on eBay (the seller also sells dry chemicals too) it’s suspended in a solution and I heat that solution and then apply a few drops in a spray bottle and mist. 

UKCHEESE gang? Any acquaintance of LCG and the BLUCHI line?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JonDaMon said:

yes fully aware thanks buddy. 

I’ve been buying the BEESWAX derived one on eBay (the seller also sells dry chemicals too) it’s suspended in a solution and I heat that solution and then apply a few drops in a spray bottle and mist. 

UKCHEESE gang? Any acquaintance of LCG and the BLUCHI line?

Ssshhh! we dont speak about that here lol

I may know the seller you speak off, i have purchased his brass, also usd his ga3.

Edited by UkcheeseGang
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, UkcheeseGang said:

Ssshhh! we dont speak about that here lol

I may know the seller you speak off, i have purchased his brass, also usd his ga3.

Noted. 

• Like 1

Used shogun start and had no problems with as far as I can tell with clones or seeds I use it through propagation until they are big enough to take a and b 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Baron von greenback said:

Used shogun start and had no problems with as far as I can tell with clones or seeds I use it through propagation until they are big enough to take a and b 

Works wonders in an aero cloner also!

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/08/2022 at 8:41 AM, UkcheeseGang said:

Works wonders in an aero cloner also!

Was u user of Rhizotonic from canna for my coco grows. I've now changed to shogun katana roots and for me it's blown Rhizotonic out the water. Never had roots like it. Thick white roots everywhere at the bottom of my airpots. Don't have to use as much too. 1ml per 5ml of nutrient solution.

large.20220916_161626.jpglarge.20220916_161616.jpglarge.20220916_161551.jpg