Shogun Katatona roots

OddNut

Has anybody used this product ? Ive never used any of shoguns line, I think the branding puts me off kinda like those black shirts with flames round the bottom people use to wear lol I came away with a bottle the other day, it's a 5er more expensive than Rhizotonic but the dilution rate is 0.2ml per l as apose to 4 ml pl on the Rhizotonic and the guy in the shop was praising it ( not that means anything more than grabbing my cash)

Just wondering what people's experiences are with it ?

Cheers

• Like 4

I think the branding puts me off kinda like those black shirts with flames round the bottom people use to wear lol

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like 4

it would be like a Japanese nutrient company setting up a company called the "Knights range" or something similar with a medieval suit of armour on the front ..

• Like 5

Hello,

Get yourself some growers ark nutes, you'll be mighty impressed with them.

Never used Shogun so cannot help with that one.

GA all the way for me matey

twoscoops

@@OddNut

I have also used regen a root which is quite good and great value.

Think it's about £15 a litre bottle and dosage is 1 ml / L .

I have used it myself with no issues.

twoscoops

• Like 1

@@OddNut

I have also used regen a root which is quite good and great value.

Think it's about £15 a litre bottle and dosage is 1 ml / L .

I have used it myself with no issues.

twoscoops

I think he was after a rhizotonic , regen-a-root is to protect roots from rot, it looks like a good product to use in hydro tho , ill give it that .

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

Well this thread was helpful lol

@OddNut did you go for it in the end? My local has been unable to get my usual (roots excellerator silver) for a quite a while so I grabbed this to give it a whirl. Was hoping to find a thread on it with some solid info not people talking about baby bottle sterilisers lol

• Like 2

@BushDoctoR I can’t bloody remember lol way to far back for my brain to comprehend. 
I only use growers ark a and b now. No root sims or anything. My plants are perfect on just that so I guess there’s no need for it 

• Like 2

much better root products out there in my opinion and personally I use different rooting aids at different stages of the plants life. for example, without me getting into things to deep let's say  for example we start from the beginning life cycle of a cutting what rooting aid would you use

personally I would want to use a cleaning agent as a rooting aid like for example hydrochlorous acid bleach and others etc

Once you have achieved the perfect callous, and the cut is sealed properly

it's time to move onto a fulvic and humic 

rooting aid in my opinion because we want to start  ever so slowly building the brix levels in the plants. Once the plant reaches the fruiting stage it no longer as a need for growing roots so for me it's all about keeping the roots there super healthy for maximum flower development to which a more suitable product or strategy  can be used 

used

does that make any sense to you or am I as usual waffling a load of shite

• Like 3

build a plants immune system with super high brix and say by by to pest

sorry waffling shite again or am I

I think,I think I' am, therefore i am

• Like 1