THC extraction using butane.

Sun Tzu

Cheers Booj :yinyang:

I know what you mean about the static. Butane fumes aren't nearly as explosive as gasoline fumes, so I'm not even sure that if there was a static spark, it would explode if you're in an area with high ventilation.

There is a product called the Honey Bee Extractor... It's plastic, but guaranteed to be harmless ;)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sun Tzu

• Boojum

• hairy face

• LiquidGold

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I tried that link. It looks impossible to actually purchase the gas from that site and its all bulk prices in a confusing table.

It looks like you can't order directly online, but there's an email address you can use to ask about ordering. Here's the original thread from Hydronaut. Trouble Finding Low Impurity Butane In Uk?, Might have found a cheap source

Hi all,

Don't worry about getting butane off the net. Waste of time. Your best bet is to go to your local offy. Newport Gas re-fills are the cleanest I've found by evaporation trials. My local keeps a few back for me. Avoid Swan gas like the plague, it leaves a heavy deposit.....

If a coffee-maker doesn't say Pyrex, it is probably just tempered glass. This may be fine for hot liquids, but you are talking about freezing it very quickly, and it may well shatter.

In answer to the quantity question, I normally treat about an oz of dried bud with 2 150ml cans.

Theres not usually much left.

One more caveat: The reason I don't use the straight through "open system" using a pipe, is because the butane is not in contact with the bud for long enough. Pyrex works because you can SEE how much THC is being taken up by the colour of the butane.

I reckon I'm gonna go buy me a cafetiere :wassnnme:

(pyrex, of course lol)

Nice one. Cheers for the thread Sun Tzu (blimey, I've gone from being potless in both senses to having a platefull of bud next to me, some ice hash drying on the windowsill, and some potential honey oil when I harvest the remaining plant - all free - in the space of six months. Did I ever mention that I love UK420 ?)

I got me a pyrex one at a secondhand sale for £2

Once its been cleaned, Ive grown something to put in it, and ive got hold of some butane, I will report my success (or distress!)

Hi Guys,

Well I finally did it, I made HoneyOil!

I forgot about making the extractor and bought one from here > http://www.paradox.co.uk/x2188.html

And it works a treat!

Just a few things I wouldn't mind knowing though

1, Is their a better way to smoke it than warming it up on tin foil and sucking through a straw?

2, How do work with the stuff when you warm it up cause its still thick and sticky!

3, Where can I buy a few glass vials from? (Storage)!

I didn't get much oil - A used about just under a henry - And bout 150ml (What was left of a 250ml can)

Next time I'm doing it properly! ;)

Best regards

LiquidGold

I find the easiest way to smoke it is to use a pin to collect a glob of it, then wipe it on a skin, let it dry a bit & either just roll a roll up, or roll a spliff with some bud for a killer spliff. I think some health food shops/herbalists sell little glass vials for aromatherapy oils, they're perfect for keeping oil in.

i take a little glob of it with a pin, then i heat up the pin over a bowl of some fine mary jane and let the glob drop into it. then i smoke it and get blown out lol

to work with it better, heat it up a bit.

• 4 weeks later...

You should really mix the oil with enough isopropyll alcohol to make a solution and store it in a bottle (this stops the THC being 'photosensitive' i.e.: breaking down into CBD in sunlight. Like this it can be stored almost indefinitely).

When you want to smoke, just allow a few drops to evaporate on whatever smoking material you like (weed, mint works well, murraine or even parsley), or you can just use two pipe screens - offset to make the gaps smaller. The alcohol evaporates clean leaving only the oil, which you only need to waft a lighter at to vaporise. Try not to actually touch it with the flame, as you will lose some goodies.

One method I liked was from guy who extracted all the oil from his trim, dissolved it in iso, and then sprayed his buds with it. The alcohol evaporates even quicker when sprayed and he gets buds with extra THC. They look like turds, taste like heaven.

Happy oiling, y'all! :smoke:

Edited by Sun Tzu

hey thats sounds like a good idea - spraying buds with honey oil dissolved in IPA.

Where can you buy Isopropyl alcohol in the UK? Everytime I go to the chemist they look at me funny. I've tried asking for rubbing alcohol, dissenfecting alcohol but never any joy

The best I got is this stuff from Boots and it was only 95% pure. I think its not as pure as IPA because it has a funny sweet smell.

Isopropyl alcohol in the UK? Everytime I go to the chemist they look at me funny. I've tried asking for rubbing alcohol, dissenfecting alcohol but never any joy

239647[/snapback]

:wub:lol yeah I got the same looks. Rubbing alcohol is a North American expression and most chemists will look at you weird asking for that. I got the same as what you got, £8 for a tiny bottle :wub: Isopropyl alcohol is what we call rubbing :yinyang:

done a bit of research.

It seems it is abreviated in the UK to IPA fluid.

Maplin sell it at a tenner a liter under the brand "IPA 170" I cant say if this is pure or not. CPC sell it at about 8 quid a liter, or 40 quid for 5 liters. Farnell sell a 1 Liter tin for for 5.50

http://servisol.co.uk/data/IPA_data.htm

hope this helps.

Edited by Kondor

Yabba Dabba Doooooooo!

Wow - I'm so glad I read this thread. I had ounces and ounces of leaves in various storage vessels, but never seemed to find a method of extracting the THC that made it worth my while bothering.

The first batch I made was with a big bowl of old leaves that had just been sat on top of the kitchen cabinet for two months.

My and the missus laughed like we used to (when 1/8oz of resin got you blissfully happy - Is is the resin or is it us?).

I just use Perma gas at 69 pence for 250ml and a cup of dried leaves for each can. (I bought the cafetiere for my girlfreind for her birthday - HA HA HA).

THANKS

My and the missus laughed like we used to (when 1/8oz of resin got you blissfully happy - Is is the resin or is it us?).

I think its the resin, dude. I had some Minali (sp?) cream the other week and was giggling like a teenager!