sliding door growdrobe project

Subliminal Criminal

oh i actually find it interesting i just dont want to burn my house down @@botanics.. i had a friend who i havnt seen for ages, and he was great at hacking and modifying anything from car alarms and ecus to hacking sky boxes..

I think that we have access to so much powerful technology that most people dont know how to use to there full potential.. i used to fuck around with stuff with a soldering iron as a kid but would more often just break stuff!

• Like 1

got a few hundred quid saved up now, i think it may be time to buy the doors for this project.. asda george have some cheap ones .. just waiting for an email..

ok so i got two sliding doors. 914mm each one about 180cm together with runners, for 152 quid delivered.. that leaves 90 cm at the end which will probably be a cupboard and storage

• Like 1

right some developments on the project... i got the sliding doors for 150 quid, i got my mother area sorted out with a powerplant sunmate and 200w blue spec bulb second hand, 40 quid. I just hope it works!

theres two ways of doing this build, cheap and expensive.. Im going to try the cheap way first.. CFLs one filter one HID.. The veg and mother room will have a 4in extractor in each one both areas using CFLs.. these will then be connected to the filter.. which is a large mountain air 1330m3/hr with a 1000m3/hr tornado fan.

The expensive version would be if i used a 600w MH for veg and a 600w hps for flower. But this would require i buy another 6in fan and another carbon filter

The broken CFL has kindly been replaced by the seller, with a 250w blue spec cfl. For the fans in the mother and veg area i was thinking of 2x 235m3/hr Ecoair.

I would wonder if they would do the job.. theres one 250w cfl in the mother room, and 2x300w cfls in the veg department..would they shift enough air to keep the right environment is the question

Edited by juicyfruit

@@botanics this is the method you recommended to me.. do you think the two 235m3/hr ecoair fans will shift enough air to keep the veg and mother area cool?

@@SkyRider Would this work in your opinion. Of course CFLs run much cooler than HPS/MH dont they? Anyone got any idea?

@

Well going on some basic maths here mate from what I can tell the right side is the veg/mum room with a split tier yes?

If so then if you put passive holes in the shelf you use to split, then only one extract fan would be necessary for extraction (desirable to have intake fan too and if running the same size then dialling down the intake a little would keep the pressure difference on the negative side) at the top which would then be ducted through and into the flower side emerging at the bottom (this would help with alleviating light leaks too)

Now if I've got the dimensions right from the drawing you've done then you are looking at the total space for the right hand side being 1000 mm x 1000 mm x 2200 mm then you're looking at 2.2 m cubed in volume, therefore if one of those fans can shift 235 m3/h it would replace the total volume in that space in 106.8 seconds, which is over and above what is desirable for efficient ventilation (entire room air exchange every 3 mins, although I used to prefer every 2 because of linking the rooms).

Of course if it was filtered then it wouldn't move it all so quickly but that's not necessary because the flower side filtration will handle that.

hope it helps as explaining in words is much harder than doing it physically if you know what I mean ;)

• Like 1

right just a list for me instead of making mental notes..

My only question is a veg cab of around 1m x 1m going to be kept cool, running at either 600w or dimmed to 400w. can i keep this cool with 6in RVK and Rhino pro stubby rated to 600m3/hr. ( i already have a stubby rhino pro 6in )

If not then i will sell the rhino pro

Seedling / clone area

125watt CFL blue spec and cheap reflector (already bought)

heated propator 25 quid

no need for extraction or intake

Mother cab

Size: 1.0 height x 1.0m width x 80cm depth

in the mother cabinet.

light = powerplant sun mate reflector and 250w blue spec CFL (i already bought both of these)

extractor = Airflow Slimline Ecoair up to 235m3/hr 34.61 6 Inch Extractor Fan

this fan will then blow into the veg cabinet

Vegetation Cabinet

SIZE : 1.0m height X 1.0m width x 80cm depth

Ideally 600w METAL HALIDE or dimmed to 400w

light bulb already bought

dimmable omega ballast 67.50 quid

reflector needs to be bought ..

extraction

6in RAM air fan 580m3/hr with or without stubby filter? <-- 53.95 for fan .. stubby filter i already have

i have to decide on metal halide at 400 / 600watts or dual 300w cfls

I can get two 300w cfls in the reflector for 129.99 if using CFLs then what extraction?? just use another Airflow Slimline Ecoair 235m3/hr 6 Inch Extractor Fan 34.61

or use 600w or dim to 400w

FLOWERING AREA (MAIN ROOM)

size : at least w1.0m x x h2.0 x depth 80cm possibly 1.2m x width

lighting = 600w HPS dual spec in either superwing or parabolic reflector (might be too small for a parabolic)

extraction.. mountain air 6in 1130 m3/hr filter and tornado fan 1000m3/hr

intake possibly 5in or 6in RAM fan 50 - 53.95

parts needed for whole build

wardrobe doors 914mm x2 = 153 (already bought)

plywood =

wooden batons =

black and white liner free

pvc or pond liner free

acoustic insulation free

heavy duty staple gun and staples must buy

jigsaw cutter ( i will borrow )

drill ( i will borrow )

copper pipe and supports (for hanging filters and fans in the top of the cabs)

screws and plugs

fans : two 6in ram fans, (one intake and one in veg room) one 6in fan for mother room connected to veg room (6in eco air ) total cost around 140 pounds

tornado box fan already bought

filters: already have both filters

hinges (for the part of grow area that will be a cupboard for storage etc)

new dimmable ballast 65 quid

reflector 50 quid (possilbly parabolic) for flowering room (but size / depth may be an issue with parabolic so perhaps another reflector perhaps another superwing)

mother cab reflector and bulb

(250 watt blue spec cfl) (and sun mate reflector already bought )

veg cab (powerplant superwing already bought)

lumatek 600w metal halide already bought for veg room

@@botanics

Edited by juicyfruit

RVK 6 inch L1 will handle a 600w no worries mate (I used to run a 5 inch L1 and dial that down even in summer sometimes), like a jet engine firing up mind lol

Don't need to filter the veg side if venting into flower room (of course you will have to run the flower room exhaust even if empty), however I would get a larger filter for flower than a 6 stubby and use a reducer for the fan link up ;)

i realise this looks like an eyesore but im just working things out!

Cheers @@botanics my main filter i use now which i will be re-using is a mountain air at 1130 m3/hr and tornado box fan..1000m3/hr

very quiet for its size

Edited by juicyfruit
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

after seeing the amount of dust and detritus that has acumulated on the current 4in intake fan, i am thinking about running my 600m3/hr rhino filter as a prefilter, (before the intake).. i just wanted to post this here to remind myself of that

So what to do with this 6in rhino stubby carbon filter?

Either i am going to use it on the intake as a prefilter, or use it in veg area to extract.

ok perhaps the prefilter for the intake should live permanantly in the attic crawlspace with the ducting coming through the ceiling? hmm or would it just collect too much shit?

it would mean my mate (i wouldnt fit through the hatch because im a lard ass) would have to climb into the loft with the filter and pass the ducting down through the hole in the ceiling to me in the bedroom.. He would have to be brave as there are some freaky big spiders and shit

for want of anyone with an answer i will ask a few of my friends on here to give there input

@@botanics @@Staley @@SkyRider

The intake air would then be nice and cool, but i could have problems with the fact my extraction will also be going into the same area , although the intake and extraction would be a few feet away from each other..

I think it would be good as long as the filter dosnt get clogged up with shit

Edited by juicyfruit