Bob The Loft

Ash-Mash

My Loft Needed 1 Of 2 Things £20,000 Truss Removal And Boarding £40,000 Full Conversion....

Or A Vivid Imagination....I Have One Of Those Things :idea: :idea: :idea:

IMG 0188

£100 Purchased Everything I Needed (tools excluded)

Img 0240

Img 0241

Img 0242

Img 0243

Img 0244

Img 0245

Img 0246

Img 0247

I Know Some Pictures Are Abit Sh*t And No its Not Finished But It Should Be Tomorrow I've, Fitted 'Loft Legs' To Raise The Boarding 175mm To Accommodate Insulation, I Have Also Fitted Supports For The Current Joints Which Are Rated At 100kg Each In The Centre Ive Spread All Central Weight Out Over 2-3 Joists But Don't Plan To Exceed 100kg In Any One Point!! Hopefully Finished With Better Pictures Tomorrow And Hopefully Get Some Helapinios In There By The End Of The Month :oldtoker: :oldtoker: :oldtoker:
  • Like 4

Flooring Update:

95% Complete Just Fill In Smaller Gaps And The One Half Of Bob The Loft Needs The Centres Filling Too

Total Cost £168 (about £50 worth to take back) and still plenty of off cuts and boarding for the room

So Far TheFloor Seems To With Stand 2-3 People On Each Board My OxyPots Hold 70L + Plant Weight So Easily Supportive

Now To Finish That Floor And Build A Insulated Room or Ahemmm... Safe Storage ?

Anyway Picture Time For Those Incapable Of Reading, Or Unable To Picture It ;) ;) ;)

Img 0261

Img 0250

Img 0257

Img 0259

Img 0252

Img 0253

Img 0254

Img 0255

Img 0256

Img 0258

Img 0260

• Like 3

Phonomenal i havnt taken a photo but i have about 3 tones of contrete slabs they with stood about 1-1.5ton before they started to even give a bit... The first 2-3 boards took a good few hours but the rest of the loft took about 3 hours between two of us, the central bits are slightly more make it up as you get there a jigsaw, drill, and being a mechanic help alot lol.... Im hoping the insulation is not too pricey took alot of inspiration from your threads sky rider

Also side note , pictures do not do the build justice looks millions times better in person

Edited by Ash-Mash
  • Like 1

Glad I could inspire :)

The grow is even more special after you've had to construct the entire grow room yourself. You'll have to do a diary when you finally get some plants in there :)

Ive all ready offered a local neighbour to do theres for £350 have it done in a day with my pal we've got it close to a T now and i have done full loft pics just dont show clearly i have left about 2foot eiter side of the roof to allow insulation to breath ive also remove some insulation from the central passage to allow air flow as i have extractors in my en suite and master bathroom if they ever leaked it would cause damp ect.... But generally ever usuable part of the loft is boarded :) got to figure electrics and a decent water system to change theee or four 70 litre tanks each week, also is it possible to change ur name on this forum ?

Haha not quite its not finished yet im at work for a few days now but will continure then need to fill all the teenie gaps where my rooms going to be and insulate the roof and start building the room which is going to contain 3 wooden beams ? Unsure how to protect them from moisture and fire ???

Got The Room Pretty Much Finished Today

Lots Of Little Gaps To Be Filled

And A Few Rolls Of Black And White To Go UP

Apart From A Few Wonky Cuts It Was Straight Forward ....See What I Did There :yahoo::yahoo:

Got A Few Pictures For You Not The Best But Its Something

I really Will Take Some Better Pictures

I Basically Got 6mm thick mdf And Some 12cm Board Insulation And Covered Everything In The Insulation Boarded Over And Left A Small Entrance And Exit The Ducting At The Back Is Actually A En Suite Extractor I Will Use This As Inlet And Outlet Once Its Cut In Half And Remove The Fuse For THe Bathroom Extractor. Its Perfectly Placed.

IMG 1

IMG 2

:kwasny::kwasny::kwasny::kwasny: My Pictures Are Always S**T Once I Shrink Them Online Anyone Got a Better Option?

Edited by Ash-Mash

ms paint or Gimp works for me :yep:

i generally resize my pics by about a 1/3, then edit it if i need to cut bits of the pic off then resize to roughly 1200x800.

Got The Room Pretty Much Finished Today

Lots Of Little Gaps To Be Filled

And A Few Rolls Of Black And White To Go UP

Apart From A Few Wonky Cuts It Was Straight Forward ....See What I Did There :yahoo::yahoo:

Got A Few Pictures For You Not The Best But Its Something

I really Will Take Some Better Pictures

I Basically Got 6mm thick mdf And Some 12cm Board Insulation And Covered Everything In The Insulation Boarded Over And Left A Small Entrance And Exit The Ducting At The Back Is Actually A En Suite Extractor I Will Use This As Inlet And Outlet Once Its Cut In Half And Remove The Fuse For The Bathroom Extractor. Its Perfectly Placed.

So the Gaps That Are Black Will Be Filled With Off Cuts Also The Tape You Can See Is Not Supportive But Just Used To Hold Things Whilst I Drilled Them

I Will Get Better Pictures After Blacked And Whited Tomorrow

gallery_67126_11980_133220.jpg

gallery_67126_11980_49392.jpg

Edited by Ash-Mash
  • Like 1