Respecting Beliefs

Boojum

Sorry, don't want this to turn into a shitfest but it could. Bit drunk and just something that I've been thinking about, it could go horribly wrong. Any abuse and I will kill the thread.

But I've been thinking about 'respecting other people's beliefs'

I do absolutely respect the right for people to believe whatever they want. I respect the right to belief.

But that doesn't necessarily mean I have to respect the beliefs themselves.

If someone believes something that I find offensive, or that I just simply disagree with then I cannot respect that belief. I can respect their right to have that belief, but I can't respect the belief itself.

And belief doesn't really matter, it's how you act on a belief that matters. Actions matter, not beliefs.

Sorry, like I said, bit drunk again :rolleyes:

• Like 16

Handbags at the ready .......... lol.

But I do understand and fully agree with your point @@Boojum.

I suppose its just finding the line between the both and making sure your tolerant of beliefs, but don't allow them to sway your own, with those that are not as tolerant and use pressure not understanding that fact.

GV.

Edited by GreenVision
  • Like 1

if im honest i respect others beliefs up to a point.

that point is when they harm others, then those beliefs are open to logical dissection and whatever.. but that's just my opinion...

edit - werildy its just come to me that i will also fight for others right to believe what they want...

Edited by Sancho Panza
  • Like 4

Handbags at the ready .......... lol.

lol

Sorry, probably a thread that is just inviting a shitfest :doh:

I don't mean it to, just general Boojum nonsense at drunk O'clock on a Sunday evening :rolleyes:

If everyone kept their religious ideas to themselves, "it`s such a personal thing" is what I keep hearing, well keep it that way and there would be little trouble :)

• Like 6

@@Boojum

Its Sunday !! lol.

What else should one be doing besides Smoking Canabis, drinking Cognac after lunch and starting the Sunday Shitfest on UK420. Its a duty...

In fact it could be considered a BELIEF :lookaround: ........

GV.

It depends, I think.

Religion/God(s)/whoever/whatever. No problem. Believe what you want to and I will respect it. But also respect my beliefs. I am an atheist. Get over it, and respect my belief. But they can't. In which case, after 5 minutes I will have them at least doubting some of theirs.

Nutty stuff - flat earth, "intelligent design" etc, then no, I won't respect their beliefs.

• Like 1

I agree completely. I think one of the ways religion has got away with such clearly irrational and nonsensical ideas is this mantra of it being infallible. Go far back enough and you could be put to death for questioning it. These days its not as extreme in the west, but things like that still occur in the Islamic world. These days people are just meant to not question people's religions because "they have a right to believe what they want". Personally I hate this sort of thinking and I have no respect for religion and i won't not question or mention how wrong religious people are. I see religion as unethical and evil at its core, so how could i not question such a terrible false ideology?

That doesn't mean i would be justified in being rude or violent. It just means that I am free to point out how wrong and evil religion is.

I good one for this topic is Aron Ra. Where he talks specifically about how evil religion is and how suggesting that people have the right to believe such evil non sense without being questioned is a greater wrong than questioning it.

It is perfectly ok for Religious to spread their religion by knocking on doors or handing out pamplets, but the second some one tries to challenge them, oh then they have a right to be left a lone in their beliefs. Non sense. They have a right to believe what they want so long as i have a right to tell them how wrong they are.

Check out this website: http://www.evilbible.com

Edited by awesomesauce
  • Like 3

How come God only talks to men? Apart from perhaps Pandora in Greek myth, and that is labeled as myth, why don't the Gods talk to women. Bit of a clue there as to what is going on.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Why doesn't god talk to women vs why don't women talk to god,

because women think there are more important than men,

that's the real fucking joke,

they smile at a man and expect them to simply come running,

like some little love sick fucking puppy,

i am not gay, but i wish i was, no evil cold hearted girl trying to rule my life.

Why doesn't god talk to women vs why don't women talk to god,

because women think there are more important than men,

that's the real fucking joke,

they smile at a man and expect them to simply come running,

like some little love sick fucking puppy,

i am not gay, but i wish i was, no evil cold hearted girl trying to rule my life.

Strange post that mate.

I'm guessing you are suffering female problems at the moment but its a bit harsh to tar women in general with the same brush.

Its a bit like owning a car, when the maintenance bills get too high its time to think about cutting your losses and getting something different.

• Like 5

let me ask you this dog,

you ever been hurt by a women?

you ever been hurt by a man?

that score for me is around 500/2

i guess i must just be that unlucky huh....